Crafters Challenge September 15th-21st, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I finished the lace pattern on my shawl! So happy to be done with that. I don't think I'll do a big project in lace again until the kids are grown, but at least I showed DD8 to stick with it.

DD6 went to school with a cute hat on yesterday. A few kids said they wanted one too, so my generous daughter told them she was sure I'd make hats for them too....guess I've got some more knitting to do!!

Reactions: Lana and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS, that is so funny, good luck making hats for all the kids lol.
DD, a gorgeous table runner, love the fabric too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
FS ~ Thank goodness it wasn't a sweater! LOL Do you have a picture of the hat or the pattern name?

I finished a couple of pillowcases yesterday which will be Christmas presents for Sonja and Julia. They are the January pillowcases, and I will send them a new pillowcase each month, so I'm also busy collecting fabrics for them.

I've posted some pictures more finished projects on my blog.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
FS ~ Thank goodness it wasn't a sweater! LOL Do you have a picture of the hat or the pattern name?

I finished a couple of pillowcases yesterday which will be Christmas presents for Sonja and Julia. They are the January pillowcases, and I will send them a new pillowcase each month, so I'm also busy collecting fabrics for them.

I've posted some pictures more finished projects on my blog.

It was just a pumpkin hat. I made a regular toque style in orange and purled a stitch every 10 stitches or so to make the ridges of a pumpkin. At the top I decreased until I had 8-10 stitches left, then changed to brown to make a stem. Then I found a pattern for a leaf and put a green one on top. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS, the hat sounds adorable. I can imagine all the little kids running around looking like a pumpkin patch.
I would love to sit doen tonight and get some stitching done. Fingers crossed that I find some time.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It's like a shrug but it's fitted well and ties in the middle of the chest. Does that sound like the pattern you saw?

Dahlia Doll - I love the runner!

Purl alpaca designs pattern is a button one. I haven’t seen any others but I don’t do a lot of that kind of work.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Purl alpaca designs pattern is a button one. I haven’t seen any others but I don’t do a lot of that kind of work.

That pattern might work if you leave off the button/buttonhole bands and instead in their place just knit a few rows to firm up the knitted edges. Than for the ties make a cording or sew on some ribbons. If you know how to crochet you could do a crochet edge in place of a knitted edge to firm up the edges.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Myron's Mom - Sorry I missed this post. I could probably convert it from buttons to a tie, but it's supposed to cross over in the front. I actually found a sewing pattern and the lady at the store said it would be a very easy one other than fitting in the shoulders. I'm miserable at sewing, but I'm going to give it a try.

That pattern might work if you leave off the button/buttonhole bands and instead in their place just knit a few rows to firm up the knitted edges. Than for the ties make a cording or sew on some ribbons. If you know how to crochet you could do a crochet edge in place of a knitted edge to firm up the edges.

Thanks for the suggestion!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am wanting to finish off some craft this week. I have decided that I want to do a wooden sign the says "the stockings were hung" and put hooks on it to hang our stockings. We do not have a fire place in this house. Will try and paint it this weekend.