Crafters Challenge September 16th-22nd, 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Just ordered the cutest Santa panel (to me) from Quilt Girls. Just saw their site this a.m.. Add it to my stash! got 2.

Hoping to get started on cutting the material for my ornaments and pot holders. Thinking maybe tonight.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ That should be a fun quilting block. Love blues as well as the card trick block. I have pillow covers in the trailer with that block on them … just throws for the bed. I had to check out Quilt Girls. They do have some great panel fabrics.

Rose ~ I tried two circular needles once, but got confused. I must have been too tired, because I didn’t stick with it to learn like I usually would, but probably also because I’ve mastered “magic loop” which works well for me. Also, I have a set of needles that you attach to the cable size you need, so I wouldn’t have to buy more needles.

Myron’s Mom ~ What did you put on your DH’s shirt. I’ve done some for my DH, but he’s not after me to do more. Too bad your pumpkin one won’t work. Do you use software to downsize?

I have a few crafts packed up for our trip. I’d like to take my sewing machine but probably won’t. We’re going to be dry camping the first three days.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Keep crafting everyone!

We're taking off on our trailer trip. We won't have internet for a few days, except via our phones, and that could be spotty. We will probably return home on October 1.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ have fun on your camping trip. I can’t seem to get the magic loop knitting but my sock class teacher made two suggestions for the two needle knitting which were:
One use two different cables-plastic cable part different colours or one bamboo and one metal/plastic
Two-by what needle your yarn tail is on—it will be the beginning of your round
And if worse comes to worse a marker at the beginning of the round.
We all when home using the tail method.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DJ enjoy your camping. Tonight have a 2-hour initiation class to watercolor :)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Finally finished the side of DD1's sweater with buttonholes. I spent three nights on it making mistake after mistake. Now I just have the sleeves and the crochet trim.....doubt I'll get both sleeves done by midnight tomorrow, but happy with my progress. At worst I should finish it a week later than planned.
I'm hoping tomorrow I can find snowflake buttons somewhere.
Also need to come up with ideas for DD5 and DD7

DahliaDoll - Have a great trip!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well watercolor class didn't happen. it was cancelled but she couldn't reach me so I showed up for nothing :(
However I did buy some fabric to make a pumpkin

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Greetings!

Lana ~ That should be a fun quilting block. Love blues as well as the card trick block. I have pillow covers in the trailer with that block on them … just throws for the bed. I had to check out Quilt Girls. They do have some great panel fabrics.

Rose ~ I tried two circular needles once, but got confused. I must have been too tired, because I didn’t stick with it to learn like I usually would, but probably also because I’ve mastered “magic loop” which works well for me. Also, I have a set of needles that you attach to the cable size you need, so I wouldn’t have to buy more needles.

Myron’s Mom ~ What did you put on your DH’s shirt. I’ve done some for my DH, but he’s not after me to do more. Too bad your pumpkin one won’t work. Do you use software to downsize?

I have a few crafts packed up for our trip. I’d like to take my sewing machine but probably won’t. We’re going to be dry camping the first three days.

All I put on his shirt was "range safety officer".He's been helping out at the range for a buddy who had been ill. That shirt has been hanging in my sewing room for 3 weeks but at least it's done now.
I tried to downsize on my machine but it was still too big. I found a program on one of my anitiagood designs disks (by accident) that was free which will take it down 20% but I didn't try using it yet. I need to play with it, but me and my laptop are not the best of friends. There's some really good programs out there but I just bought a new travel machine and a bunch of anitiagood design software (at a auction) so maybe next year I can look into it. I found something on embroidery library that will work. Tomorrow morning I plan to get both my shirts done.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
So the sweater I've been knitting for DD1 is a frosty blue colour, with jagged kind of crochet edges, so I thought it would be nice to put snowflake buttons on it. Of course, I live in a rural area with very limited shopping, so I went out to check for buttons, fully expecting to have to go with plain round white buttons....maybe something blue if I was lucky....and then I saw two packs (exact number I needed) of snowflake buttons sitting up on the shelf. :) I was so surprised and happy to find them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Frosty, a crafting angel was looking out for you.
I spent yesterday cutting out black cats from cardboard so I can decorate my year round wreath for Halloween.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Well my plan to finish embroidering my shirts this morning didn't go as planed. I finished at about 7pm. My Christmas one went ok but took a little longer than I thought. The fall one was just a pain. I tried 2 different pumpkin appliqués and they both looked awful. So I just just some regular embroidery. But they are done. Tomorrow I start quilting.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
While visiting my mom this past week I made 2 crib size quilts. She is attempting to teach me to make quilts. I even got them in the mail to the quilter (machine done). When I get them back I will still have to bind them. Another trip to Mom's to learn how. :)