Crafters Challenge September 20th-26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Well, can you believe that 2 weeks in a row I actually accomplished my list. Even tho this week was just patching.

I finished in the sewing room cleaning--just a few odd and ends to add to the walls and such--next will be taking the crib down and moving the daybed (with trundle) to other wall but other stuff will stay the same. Maybe add a design wall then.

I patched a shirt, pair of pants, a big baby quilt I did for Teigan when born that Jaymee felt a safety pin in so opened it up and got it out (closed yet), and then a twin size rag jean quilt I made for Jaymee back in grade school that so many squares needed resewed. Should of made a new one!!!! I have one place on the binding and will put 2 new denim blocks over 2 places when I am off here and will be done with it. Jaymee brought it over probably a yr. or so ago so will move it out.

This week I will work on more yo yos at lunch and hope to get the pillowcases cut so when time to sew can just grab them and go. I know I am doing 5 for Christmas for sure. Might add on my adult nephews and wives, not sure. I also will get out the beach towels I brought to make hooded towels and see if I have handtowels for the hoods or need a different color. I found several in my sewing room that I purchased for this and some I have a half left.

What is your plan for the week? HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ How nice to be so successful with your list.

I will be charging along with baby items. As I wait for my order of quilt backing fabrics, I hope to work on the sleepy-time animals quilt as well as the advent mittens, bibs, wet bag, etc., etc. ... ad nauseam ...

We're going to be out of town from Thursday through at least Tuesday, so will pack up some knitting and cross stitch for the trip. I'm not sure if I'll take my sewing machine. Probably not.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I would like to work on the 4 appliqued teatowels that I found last week, they are ironed on, I just need to stitch them.
I still need to sew on the handtowel border, I know that when I get the machine set up it will only take a few minutes, but I am procrastinating.
I have found the aida cloth to start work on the little Santa cross stitch so I must start that at some stage.

Still lots to do here!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished the 4 teatowels last night. Really did not take too long at all. I have popped those into the gift closet for my co-workers and former co-worker. So glad that I have got them organised. I will need to wrap and tag them at some stage, but that is another thing ticked off the list.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Awesome work, sweetpumpkinpye!!!!

Feels GOOD to tuck those things away, doesn't it? :)

I am happy to report that I have FINALLY finished the runner! Woot! WOOT!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/21647444262/in/dateposted-public/

So here is the crazy thing, when I cut the wool felt for this runner, I made sure it was long enough to hang down off each side of the bookshelf you see it on in the picture above.

I have not washed it, just embroidered it - and now it is a LOT shorter in length! Barely fits the shelf! I'm just glad I started out as long as I did or I would have been bawling.

Anyone ever heard of this? I would have expected it to shrink if I'd washed it. But not just by stitching it!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, our traveling crafter, never goes without something to do. You can get stuff done in the car on long rides. We rarely go anymore but always went to Wis./Iowa in summers when kids were little and I would take stuff.

Katrina, you are moving right along! :)

AJ, GREAT job on finishing the runner!!! It is a good thing that you started off longer. The runner is really nice!!!! Thank you for sharing a picture of it!

I have not accomplished anything this week--yet. The sewing room is clean and I admit, I go in once in awhile to admire it. LOL! To much else going on.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ The runner is very elegant looking. I wouldn't have thought it would "shrink" that much just from the stitching. Seems to fit perfectly though.

Sweetpumpkinpie ~ Nice work finishing up the tea towels.

As I was supposed to be packing for our trip yesterday, I procraftinated by getting all the fleece cuffs for the advent mittens machine embroidered with a little holly and the advent number. The cuffs will take a couple more steps to be ready to apply to the mittens. I also got interfacing bonded to the mitten back fabric and cut to size for the individual mittens. So I'm ready to proceed with the next several steps with the sewing machine.I still need to finish 10 cross stitch motifs for them, which I'm taking on our trip.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ it is beautiful! Never heard of the shrinking but good to know. Glad it fits!

I will be bringing some things along this weekend but not sure I'll accomplish much... In Fall I always have tons to do ... no Wonder I accomplish the most in the months following Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ the runner is beautiful. I too wonder why it shrunk. I think it looks beautiful on the shelf.

DD procraftinated!!!!! You crack me up.