Crafters Challenge September 28th---October 5th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Starting alittle early but it will be up for the people up late or early comers!

Have about 86 days to Christmas.

At a small flea market store we always go to, I showed her my snowman ornaments I did for the CIJ swap and she wants to put some in the store. I add glitter to them now so they shine alittle more. I use the fine glitter and some bigger and like both---cant decide on which glitter so will do some of each. Hope to get them done in the next week. I believe she starts putting Christmas out the beginning of October.

Everybody was a workin again this week!

What are your plans for this coming week?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have a full week of appointments so not much time. But this week is the 2 day IQ designer class in Columbus. I’ll make the drive each day (5 hours round trip) because I don’t sleep well anymore in hotels, I’d just rather come home. I’m hoping to master more of features on my Destiny since I know I don’t utilize half the features it has. I’m sure I’ll do a little shopping too!
Have a fun week everyone!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
kinit socks, crochet baby blanket. Finished painting my dollarstore pumpkins yesterday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Do you need to visit the knit lady with every pair of socks you knit? Are they all different?

Myron's Mom ~ Hope you have safe travels and enjoy your class.

We will be spending several days at the lake this week. I'd like to take my sewing machine but not sure just which project to take. I have fabric for a chenille wall hanging (housewarming gift for a friend) which would be good if I can get it sandwiched at home.

Other projects will include some CCS and knitting socks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I re-painted my sign yesterday and have printed out the saying in another font. I will get a paint pen when I am at the hardware shop later in the week and see if I can make it work. I worked on a small stitchery yesterday and got a bit done on that.
Must make a note in the diary to start on the sugar lip scrub for DD.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I made the little shoe bags for DD6. They are terribly done, but they will hold shoes, so I'm going to count it as a win. I think I really need to take a beginner course in sewing because I just can't seem to get anything to line up right.

I started a different kind of ballet sweater for DD6.....It's almost like a big cowl that wraps around her arms and meets in the middle with a bow. I found a pattern for legwarmers with little hearts going up them, so I think the two pieces combined will be her homemade Christmas present.

DD2 has asked me for red slippers....easy enough to do - could knit them in a night - just need to figure out how to make the bottoms non-stick.

Just need an idea for DD8 now.....

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I made the little shoe bags for DD6. They are terribly done, but they will hold shoes, so I'm going to count it as a win. I think I really need to take a beginner course in sewing because I just can't seem to get anything to line up right.

I started a different kind of ballet sweater for DD6.....It's almost like a big cowl that wraps around her arms and meets in the middle with a bow. I found a pattern for legwarmers with little hearts going up them, so I think the two pieces combined will be her homemade Christmas present.

DD2 has asked me for red slippers....easy enough to do - could knit them in a night - just need to figure out how to make the bottoms non-stick.

Just need an idea for DD8 now.....
Impractical
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/433330795395704642/
Practical a turtleneck dickie to wear under her coat. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/525162006545511786/

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:( had do undo 1 sock today as I had one stitch too many and when I tried to undo I lost a few stitches .
ah well, it's a learning exprience.. I guess!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have heard that you can do some squiggly lines on the bottom using a hot glue gun.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I tried to get the chenille wall hanging fabric sandwiched but found that they only sent me 3 panels. I had ordered 4, so I sent them an email to please send one more. I won't get it in time to take to the lake, so it's back to the drawing board.

I'm ready to start the heel of the socks. I put in a life line, so if the heels don't go well, it makes it easy to frog back to the point where I know everything is right without having to frog back too far.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
:( had do undo 1 sock today as I had one stitch too many and when I tried to undo I lost a few stitches .
ah well, it's a learning exprience.. I guess!

Sorry about you having to redo the sock. Depending on where the extra stitch was I might of just knitted two together.

Got some knitting in yesterday. A little Christmas shopping in today.

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Rose.. that's exactly what I should've done :rolleyes: So for now working on the other pair and putted that one one the side

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Allen did put glitter into about 20 things for snowman and the white paint yesterday afternoon.
What a great guy you are married to Lana. My DH will do art work for me but I am not sure about glitter :p

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

Thank you for the ideas! The little turtleneck dickie would be cute on her.

Rose94- I've heard of sock stop, but none of the stores here carry it, and ordering it online is $12 plus $12 shipping, so I think I'll try the puff paint or hot glue option first. Thanks!

Sweetpumpkinpye - I just found a pack of glue sticks last night - might give this a try and if it doesn't work try the puff paint. Thanks!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I did use my life line on one sock as I had to frog part of the heel, then a few stitches fell off the needle but were caught with the life line.

Reactions: luludou