Crafters Challenge September 9th-15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!

Once again you guys made progress last week!

I am looking for material to use on my turkey potholders. Have it in mind just have to see if I find it. Then need to cut the other fabric for the ornaments and I can take to work and sew at lunch.

What are you working on this week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm hoping to put in some time on the lake loft quilt today, and I'm knitting away on another prayer shawl. Later in the week I'd like to make at least a couple more of the Advent mittens. I need to get the flannel blankets, Bindle Bags and coasters in the mail to DD#2.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure what I will get up to yet. Would like to try a few more snowmen or move onto another project. Will see what time and inspiration permits.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week I am hoping to finish the set of mini embroidery hoop ornaments - finished bulk of embroidery work on 5th out of 6 ornaments last night. Just a bit of embroidery left on 2 more plus the final one I haven't started yet but the pattern is simple and shouldn't take long. Then I just have to hot glue on trim and they are done!

Found a small red felt flower I made for something - who knows what - and didn't use - I think that will work perfectly as finishing touch on felt cupcake ornament I recently made. Will hot glue that on too!

Picked up last charm I need for felt book ornament projects. Maybe I'll start those next!

I also used two coupons to get dark red burlap I need for the second wreath I have planned as a gift this year - had ordered burlap for first wreath a while back.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
My work on the lake loft quilt was foiled by my machine not sewing properly. It's going to the shop. I also decided to cut the blocks a shade smaller to be sure I don't get any of the borders printed on the fabric showing.

Relegated to just knitting till we get home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Knitting lady was not available today so that'll wait until next week. today I'll try to finish up the felt ice-cream cones.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Dgd finished two fleece pillows (bed size) for the guinea pigs. The first was both sides with 4-patch squares. The second was both sides with 9-patch squares. It's hard for 11-year-old fingers to do it all...guide the fabric, backstitch, push the pedal "not too hard but you can go faster than that," keep the edges even, sew straight lines, and above all "don't run over your fingers." Even though her corners don't line up, she did great for her first "patch" project. She didn't need any help - just a few "how-to's" at the beginning...and she is so proud! So am I!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Deb ~ Sounds like she's doing great! Kids just don't have that perfectionism trait yet, and it serves them well.

Reactions: GrammaDeb

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cones are done! even added bits of brown felt to make chocolate chips on a few. Now I'm making some tags that say Handmade by Lucie 2018, these will be added to the ornaments I will be making.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Did some more work on embroidery hoop ornaments last night - not as far along as I thought I was. Working on 5th one now - still have one more hoop to fill if I choose to. Or may just do a set of 5 :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/29678879187/in/dateposted-public/

I'll post another pic when I get them all done!

Picked up two tank tops at Target yesterday - they are plain colors that I'm going to add embroidery embellishment to. One tank is light grey and I'm going to embroider the word "Luck" in big pretty loopy writing on one side. Get it? Get it?

The other tank I'll just do some sort of simple design around the neck...

Starting to get concerned with the amount of projects I want to finish for this year vs. time left - will just keep pushing as hard as I can and we'll see what ends up happening and what doesn't!!! lol

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It's wonderful to hear about all the ornaments being made, and to see yours AJ! They are wonderful. What yarn/floss are you using?

I've added some ideas and stash (more yarn) to my SABLE. Surprise! Surprise!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you DJ! I am just using regular embroidery floss - for some of the pieces - like the letters and the heart I cut them from felt first and then attached them to the black felt. For the letters I then covered them completely with white embroidery floss - one of them with lots of little French knots and the other with long stitches. Gives it a nice puffy look!

Nice to add to your crafting stash! Happy crafting!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
AJ nice ornaments.

DJ there was a knitting fair here in town on Saturday’s I have also added to my stash. Lots of hand dyed yarns. I came home with yarn for a pr of socks that go from brown to blue to cream. Also a yank of bamboo yarn dyed with marigolds that looks like butter. Not sure what I will make with it yet- maybe fingerless mitts

Have gotten a good start on both DGD nightgown and the doll nightgown. Also a little knitting in on the doll sweater.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Your ornaments are fantastic, as usual! I'm so impressed.

I got a burst of crafting energy yesterday afternoon when we got home and were unpacked. I worked on the lake loft quilts (cutting down the focus squares to a happier size), some Christmas cards (only have three more steps before signing and addressing), and finally started on the felt kit Christmas stocking (for JB).

All I want to do this morning is return to the studio and continue with my progress. But I think we are going to a plant nursery (in the rain) to pick out some native plants for our "out back" which DH has been working for a year to get cleared. Now we need to re-plant.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank you, DJ! I know the feeling of having that mojo to keep crafting - but then other things pull us away - BOO!

Picked up some faux evergreen fronds on lunch today - need them to accent the wreaths I am making as gifts this year.

Also got another sheet of map pattern scrapbook paper - I'll choose the one I like best to decorate the inside of the Altoid tin for my Travel Wee project. Hoping I can work on that tonight! Pics soon!