Create a Haunted House

Discussion in 'The Creative Spirit' started by Gingerbug, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

My September project is to take this rather UGLY house that I bought at a garage sale for 25 cents and turn it into a haunted house display for Halloween....I'm inviting you to make a haunted house during September....Let's get in the spirit of Halloween! It doesn't have to be like mine....there are all kinds of ways to make one...from paper, from old boxes, buy a plain one from a craft store, repupose an old birdhouse....all sorts of possibilites....WILL YOU JOIN the adventure and make one during September?

[​IMG]

2. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

I remember (I can't remember the lady's name) on HGTV who had the craft show. She had a guest on that made a House out of cardboard milk cartons. It was way cool. Now that I think about it it was Christmas houses but you could do the same for a haunted house.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I will be following your progress Ginger. I might add this to my list of crafting for next year :)

4. Kim Loves Snow

Kim Loves Snow Santa's Elves

That is the perfect base for the start of a haunted house and great repurposing, too! I can't wait to see the finished project.

5. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I'd love to do that. I've always....ALWAYS wanted to make a gingerbread/candy haunted house. My daughters friend did one years ago, that was the coolest thing!

6. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

That sounds cool MinnieCo

I am almost finished taping the windows....I'm going to spray paint the house black but want to do the windows and doors another color....not sure what...maybe a sparkly purple...hmmmm

7. Kim Loves Snow

Kim Loves Snow Santa's Elves

Ginger - My vote would be a sparkly purple or a bright orange.

8. MinnieCo

Purple is my favorite or that bright pinky purple.

9. DebbiGall

DebbiGall Santa's Elves

10. MinnieCo

very nice. it looks store bought.

11. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

Debbie...I made a house just like yours a few years back....except it was a leprechaun house... :)

:clothes:

12. Colleen in PA

Colleen in PA New Member

Debbie - I love your spooky house!

Ginger - I look forward to seeing yours, too!