Crockpot Recipes...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This is my go-to, tried and true, so easy it's shameful crock pot recipe!

The best part of the recipe is that you don't have to pre-cook the pasta - LOVE that!

1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (I have used sometimes, sometimes I leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces small shell pasta (about 2 1/4 cups), uncooked (I've also used elbow pasta and it works fine)

1. Combine cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pasta and 3 cups cheese mixture. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker; sprinkle with rest of cheese mixture.
3. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. NOTE - It is usually done sooner than 4 hours for me, unless I mixed up night before and had crock in fridge overnight for some reason.

If I don't have or want to buy the special Italian cheese blend noted above, I'll just come up with 16 oz of shredded cheese from whatever I have on hand. I might even add an extra ounce or two... :)

Reactions: teachermomof2

MartinCarmel

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2015
You can go with simple and easy Crockpot/Slow cooker Sausage with potatoes. This can be cooked for main meal or as a side dish. Really healthy,nutritious and delicious recipe.

Last edited:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
My shamefully easy favorite crockpot recipe is from Pinterest:
3-4 chicken breasts or tenders-frozen or fresh
1 jar salsa-any kind
1 package taco seasoning-any kind

Lay chicken in crockpot-I usually use frozen because I am gone all day-never had a problem
mix jar of salsa and taco mix-pour over chicken
Cook on low 6-8 hours-shred meat with 2 forks when done-it usually falls apart
I use it to make soft chicken tacos with all the fixings-it makes quite alot of filling we always have some for leftovers.

Love this thread!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Connie's salsa chicken is good you can also add a can of corn and a block of cream cheese towards the end.

We do the 3 ing pork chops
1 pack dry ranch dressing mix (or you can probably use the dry onion mix)
1 can cream of____ soup mix (pick your fav really)
pork chops.

cook on low for 4 hrs

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Giving this old thread a bit of love! ;)

Mississippi Roast - Hands down the most flavorful roast I've made - and the easiest! You can either slice or shred it to serve for sandwiches. Use your KitchenAid with paddle attachment to shred the hot meat - just put a tea tower bowl/mixer first to avoid hot bits of meat flying!

This is even better the next day so it's a great option for make ahead - just reheat in oven or in crock again and serve!

1 (3 lb) roast, chuck or rump or whatever you prefer
1 (1 oz) packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 (1 oz) packet dry au jus gravy mix
6-8 T unsalted butter, cut into pats
1/4 cup water
5-6 pepperoncinis

Put water on bottom of crockpot. Place roast in crock. Sprinkle with both packets of dry mixes. Place butter pats on top. Place pepperoncinis around roast. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or until tender.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Italian Beef - This is another great roast packed with flavor! This one has a bit more of a kick to it, but is not super spicy!

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef roast, sirloin tip or rump roast

• 12 ounces (jar) Italian Giardiniera, drained, less if you want it less spicy

• 12 ounces (jar) pepperoncini peppers

• 1 envelope Italian salad dressing (zesty Italian)

• 10 ounce can condensed beef broth
Preparation:

Place beef roast in a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine Giardiniera, pepperoncini peppers, dry salad dressing mix, and condensed beef broth.

Add all mixture to crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 12 to 14 hours, until meat is very tender. Use a fork to shred for sandwiches and serve with crusty Italian rolls or crusty bread. Serves 10 to 15.

Serve with Smoked Cheddar Sauce!

Ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons butter

• 3 tablespoons flour

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper

• 1 1/2 cups milk

• 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or smoky flavor Cheddar cheese
Preparation:

Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese. Stir until smooth and well blended. Makes 2 cups.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Creamy Parmesan Corn - Great for a crowd! Simple, but great flavor! I've also made 1/3rd this amount for just us - just used a smaller crockpot!

3 cans of corn, drained
1 (8oz.) package of cream cheese, soft
1/2 stick of butter, soft
1 cup of parmesan cheese, finely grated
1/2 pound of bacon, cooked crispy
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a slow cooker add the above ingredients.

Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally or on low for 6 hours.

Serve immediately.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Another variation that I've made that was very popular. I chose it because it was so simple and was happy how it turned out for sure!

Crock Pot Creamed Corn
https://realhousemoms.com/crock-pot-creamed-corn/

• 2 lbs. frozen corn
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup half & half
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup chives, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients except chives into the slow cooker insert
2. Turn on high and cook for 3 hours - then give it a stir!
3. Cook one hour more; Stir in chives and enjoy!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Pork country ribs, about 1/4 c. orange juice, smother with BBQ sauce. Add some small red potatoes (halved or quartered if larger). Turn it to low before leaving for work and it will be done when you get home. Serve with a salad or cole slaw. (My crockpot has settings for 4, 6, 8, or 10 hours, and then it switches to warm, so it's on the lowest setting for 10 hours and is on warm until I get home.) Great for a hearty meal on a cold evening, or when the schedule is packed.