Day after Christmas 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am off to check out some of the After Christmas sales. Do not think I really need anything but it's fun to look. Enjoy your day

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I am so tired today! Wonder why. Lol

We had a lovely dinner yesterday. The ham was really good! Norm was my taster, as usual. He pronounced everything to be perfect! Since I don't cook very much anymore, I was pleased that it was all good. But my back was really hurting by the time it was over. We had plenty of food leftover, so I sent some home with MJ's son. Of course, I saved some for me. On New Year's Day, I will make beans and cornbread for N and me. That is our little tradition. MJ and son gave me 2 jar candles and a $25 gas card. I can sure use that! That was very nice of them.

My family Christmas is Sunday afternoon. I can hardly wait. Cause I get to see my great grandson! I think I will take it easy today, and then crack the whip the rest of the week. Yee ha!

Lisa, I am so sorry you are so sick. Prayers are going up for you.
    Diedra, have fun looking for sales!

Sounds like everyone had a good day, yesterday. I empathize with those who have a change in family dynamics. I hate it, because I am a traditionalist. I loved having everyone come home for Christmas. It was important to me. Oh well.

I need a nap! That is a lovely idea, don't you think? Have a wonderful afternoon!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am up putting life back together... laundry, dishes and meals.

Hubby is at work and Kiddo is on the couch. :p

I posted a 2018 review on my blog this morning.

Not much left to do. I am going to spend my free time embroidering and watching the birds at the feeder. I would like to check out the after Christmas sales but I don't think that will happen till this weekend. I need to go online to the kitchen store and pick out my Christmas gifts.

Hope everyone has a good day after Christmas.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had an absolutely fantastic Christmas! The kids were all happy with their items, at least as far as I know, and I think DH was too. He majorly spoiled me, as usual. We hung at home and relaxed in the morning and then headed to the beach in the afternoon. It rained off and on in the morning. We tried out the paddleboard but the waves, while pretty small, were coming in one right after the other and it made me kind of seasick when DH got on with me and paddled me around. DD took it out and DH took it out and Eli got on it with DD. DS brought his drone with us but never flew it because he said there wasn't anywhere to fly it. :rolleyes: I think he was just being a grouch.

We came home and the kids played new video games and DD and I played her new Harry Potter board game, we had dinner and relaxed. I slept really good with no worry about having to move the elves or leave chocolate in the advent calendar. So nice! One of DH's presents from my mom has to go back today. She got him work lights and he had it on last night and it popped and shattered after having only been on for 30 minutes. No one touched it or anything. So, back it goes.

DH is on a half day schedule now so once he gets home we will go return his lights and then look for my electronic vacuum. Yay! I'm going to research this morning and then we'll shop around this afternoon. Hoping we come home with one today but we may not. I do have a budget so that will be a factor too. I'm going to make the meal from yesterday today since DS leaves tomorrow morning for his dad's.

Diedra- Hope you find some good deals!
    Pam- Glad you had a nice dinner!
    Carrie- Sounds like a great way to spend your free time!
    Lisa- So sorry you have had the flu. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! The sun is out and the temperatures are chill.

To recap the holiday: Monday night DS and DDIL came over for dinner (matzoh ball soup, roast chicken, brisket, mashed potatoes and squash casserole) and then we watched the new Kurt Russell Christmas movie.. On Christmas day we had biscuits and gravy and eggs for breakfast and opened out gifts. Everyone seem happy. I got a calendar, a book, chocolate, a handbag and a new piggy ornament.

Then DS, DDIL and I built the LEGO VW bus that I had gotten for Hanukkah. Photos are on FB. Chinese food take out for dinner and we finished about 10 PM. We didn't even get dressed all day and I said that next year we should all have matching pj's which seem to be a big trend.

Today I am VERY slooowly get stuff put away. I'm also tired. Woke up at 5 and didn't get back to sleep. Felt very rested then but not now.

Lisa - so sorry to hear that you were sick over the holiday
    Carrie - glad you can relax today
    Diedra - good shopping
    Pam - glad you had such a delightful dinner

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. hope everyone had anice christmas. i did my grandson was very happy . nice day spent with friends. still tired from work last couple weeks was frantic. went to target for after sales only got 1 tote and a pk of red dishcloths. didnt really need anything. got lots of nice stuff. have a great evening

8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

MrsSoup likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Another hot one here today. I am planning to pack away gifts and things so that I can get the house back together. Even with working pretty hard it will take a few days for it to get back to normal. I would like to have most of it packed up by the weekend. DH is in the garage doing some tidying up and is actually throwing stuff out. DS is back at work today, he never takes any time off over Christmas as he likes to use his holidays throughout the year.
    I feel like doing some shopping but not sure if there is really anything I need or want enough to go out in the heat and shop.
    I have got a list of things I would like to get but only if I can find them on sale. Nothing major, a lipstick that I like and a face mask that would like to try, things like that.+
    Dinner tonight will be left overs and then I think most of it will be gone. Will need to get back to some sort of normal eating tomorrow.
    Speak soon.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Lisa hope you are feeling better.
    We left on the 23rd and stopped at dd's for lunch. Supper was at my parent's , sis and bil came by too. 24th was a slow day as we had no food to cook! sil was the one in charge of everything - there were lots and it was very good. Had time to rest and relax in the afternoon. A nice evening. went to bed at 2:30. up at 7:45. 25th was brunch at sis' house and left around 1:30 to get back home.
    Supper at sil's on dh's side of the family, they were not expecting us as they knew we were at my parent's house. Nice fondue suppr . got home around 12:30.
    Today dh worked in the bathroom (shower base is installed) and I didn't do much. sore tummy, sore throat, cold and feeling just yucky, hope I'm not coming down with a cold.
    Family should be here either on the 30th or 31st, my timeline is ready.

Night

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I found a few things at Walmart: single color wrapping paper, some ornaments for crafts, Christmas sprinkles for cookies (I don't thing sprinkles go bad), Elf on the Shelf paper and tape, and some plastic clear plastic light bulb ornaments (also for crafts). Hallmark had their ornaments half price so I picked up the new Star War ornaments for DS next year.

Then I spent the afternoon organizing my Christmas totes. I have one tote for clothes, stockings and the kitchen decorations (includes dishes and mugs). I did not put out my moose decorations this year but now have them all together in one extra large tote (I could fit in the tote). I even was able to fit the moose pillow I have in there. I sorted the tissue paper and printed a label for the container. I gathered all the fabric bags. Right now they are in the wrapping paper tote but I might start a container for just Christmas gift bags so they will end up in that tote. I did notice I have really small gift bags and extra large bags but nothing in-between so a trip to Walmart is in the future. I still need to get the banister decorations down and into their own tote. The Christmas tree will stay up a little longer. I want to clean ornaments and rearrange how they are placed. Then I'll wrap it and haul it to the closet.

LC1 asked DD to help her un-decorate her house tomorrow. DD is really good at organizing so it will be neat but she is slow. lol

So far we haven't gotten hit by the storms that are around the country. Now they are saying an inch or two turning into rain tomorrow and icy on Friday. Stay home if you are in the storm areas please.

Dinner tonight was leftovers. DD had BBQ smokies and pea salad. Dh and I ate cold shrimp. I've thinking tomorrow I should make veggie tacos since we've been lacking in vegetable eating.

Good Night all.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi everybody! Night!

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DH and I took off as soon as he got home from work this afternoon. We went to the NEX first because I found a Neato Botvac D5 Connected on sale online for $299 and I wanted to see if they had it in store. They did and it was not marked as on sale, so we asked if they price matched their website and the lady said they did. We scanned it at one of those price scanners they have around the store and it scanned for $299. I couldn't believe they didn't have it marked down in the store. Sneaky! All the holiday items were 50% off so we grabbed a Hickory Farms gift basket because my mom had put a snack size log of the summer sausage and a tiny jar of the mustard and a small block of cheese in DH's stocking and we had it yesterday for lunch. It was delicious and I wanted more. haha We had lunch in the food court and then went to Lowes to return DH's light that shattered. They wouldn't give us the cash since my mom paid for it online with a credit card. :( He didn't get a new one, but we did get chain and some clips to hang my new chair on the front porch.

We headed home after that and I got started on some of the dinner items while DH set up my new robot vacuum that I have named, Alice. It took a while to get her connected to our phones but it finally worked and she did a cleaning. It took forever for her to connect to my phone (even though DH and I have the same phone), but once I checked just a little bit ago it said there was a software update for her so I did that. Tomorrow i'll run the special mapping so we can set the No-Go lines for areas she should avoid. She can't fit under the table bench but kept trying to and it got repetitive and annoying after a while. If I can't get it set up to not go there then i'll have to put the boundary marker down before I run it and I don't want to have to do that.

I made homemade noodles, green beans, mashed potatoes and stuffing for dinner. I forgot to make the 4 layer dessert and the cheese ball for me on Christmas so maybe for New Years. Dinner was excellent and there are leftovers so I have lunch for tomorrow! Yay! DS flies out tomorrow morning and DH will take him to the airport early in the morning. He's getting his stuff together now. I think I might go take a hot bath.

Goodnight friends!

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I am loving reading all about your busy day.
    Winding up here, I have all but finished cleaning the middle room that has been Christmas central for the last few months. Everything is unpacked iand put in the rooms that they need to go in. The kitchen counter is full of things that came out of our stockings. We get a bit of food in our stockings and it adds up to quite a bit once it is all gathered up. I will work on the kitchen tomorrow.
    I have pulled out fabric to start working on my brother's Santa sack. I need to buy some fabric when I am at the mall next so I can make myself a new sack.
    Payday for us so I have transferred some money into the Christmas Club account. We did not spend it all this year so there is a healthy amount to start off the new year.
    That is about it for me for the moment,
    Hope that you are all having an amazing night.