Day Off Saturday September 29th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It appears to be sunny out.

Off after working 11 days.

Today is a Princess parade at the Fallfest at 1 so Teigan will go. Her outfit came yesterday. Cinderella. She wanted to be that for Halloween so worked out good and it fits. Shoes, gloves, crown and all.

I will run to the bank here shortly and start the Christmas Club for next year. It is used for Real Estate Taxes but am doing extra in it too. And need a few stamps.

Allen will finish some trimming on yards before going.

Have a GREAT day!

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, friends.

Slept really well last night. Almost 7 1/2 hours. Must be a new record.

We are to have a cool fallish day today and then in the 80s all next week. Mother Nature just cannot decide if we should be hot or cold! I would settle for fall or spring like temps all year long!

Nothing much going on here today. I may do some sewing. Still have the curtains to make for Baby B. He is growing too fast. He is almost 6 weeks old! I want to see him so badly. But I am afraid to take my car out of town. Norm has to check the rails to see how far gone they are. I cannot afford a car payment right now, so I hope that Sadie will hang on a little while.

Enjoy your day. Do something really special for yourself today, because you deserve it.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Yesterday Dh and I headed out for Home Depot. Of course Dh had to buy a refrigerator. For some reason he thinks a less deeper one will keep Vanessa from breaking the shelves and from hitting it when she walks. So we have a new one coming to replace a perfectly good one we have. I already have a buyer for the old one (maybe) We went for wood trim for the sliding glass door and shelves for the shed. I couldn't find the varnish I wanted so I've got it ordered. I sanded all the trim. Maybe today or tomorrow I will cut it to fit and sand the cut edges so I'm ready when the varnish arrives.

Yesterday I was sanding in the garage when DD got up from her nap. She came out to the garage to see what I was doing. Then went back into the kitchen. I heard the front door shut so I rushed outside. Sure enough DD had her shoes and hat on and was heading outside. The day before LC1 and her had walked around the block so DD knows there are workmen a few houses away. I quickly had her come back into the house. She said she was just looking for LC1 who was off work. I really do not think DD would have found LC1 looking at the workmen.

It's rainy and cold here today. Highs in the 40s (4C). I think Dh and I will have to wait to put together the shelves for the shed since we have to put everything in the shed outside to fit in the shelves. I talked Dh into buying a heavy duty metal shelf set instead of trying to build wooden shelves. We might be able to put the shelves together in the garage (while listening for the front door when DD gets up from her nap) but I"m not sure we can carry it to the shed. It's 75 lbs. Maybe we could put it on our little wagon to move it.

Prayers to all

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took a migraine pill last night and went to bed early. DD's friend (my other daughter) stayed the night. DH's phone went off around 1 a.m. I think and he kept making and receiving phone calls so he finally came downstairs and stayed down here. I still had a very hard time going back to sleep. I did manage to for little bits at a time but it was a horrible nights sleep for me and I have a full day ahead. I woke up with another stinkin headache. I took a Sudafed and an 800mg Ibuprofen (the last one, DS will not be happy). We'll see if they kick in or if i'll suffer all day. My guess would be on the latter but I sure hope not.

I'm headed to the Joint Spouses Conference for a day of classes. I picked two painting classes, a coffee class and a photography class so I have to bring my camera. It's being held downtown so I have to leave early. They will provide a continental breakfast I believe and a full lunch with a guest speaker. I enjoyed it last year and was hoping that some of my friends would come with me this year, but no such luck. I almost didn't sign up this year so I hope I enjoy it, it was definitely more expensive this year and depending on the price next year, I may not go again. I am glad that it's on a Saturday this year, less traffic to fight to get there and home since it's downtown.

Eli has Scouts this morning at Home Depot and a popcorn booth this afternoon.

Lana- Enjoy your day off! I bet Teigan will be super cute!
    Pam- Glad you slept well. Send some of that to me please.
    Diedra- I'm glad you caught DD!

Enjoy your day!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. very busy day at work stayed 2 hours over. its nice out but field was still wet from rain last week so no t ball game . kids are really upset they cant play and see their new friends they made . have a good evening

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It feels like forever since I've been here. Two weeks at least, and I've missed you all. My hours sitting with my neighbor have increased to 6 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. Her Alzheimer's seems to be progressing, which saddens me.

My DH had a video conference hearing with a VA judge to hopefully increase his disability. His knees are at 40% and it is doubtful that will increase, although she is ordering a new evaluation. He had suffered a service-related concussion, and we're hoping for an increase there. The judge will order an evaluation for that, too - DH is having some sort of brain problems. I sincerely hope it's from his concussion and not Alzheimer's, which has run rampant thru his family. His primary care doc just prescribes more meds whenever I complain about his symptoms.

Dgd had her first gymnastics competition and placed first, as anticipated. She had moved up a level for the new season, but as a result of all her hard work and high scores they have bumped her up another level. She needs to fine-tune the skills for this level, and her next competition is in 3 weeks. Some parents are upset, but dgd worked really hard all summer while their daughters goofed off and didn't learn the skills.

At some point today I need to plan the week's menu and go grocery shopping. Dsil is "letting" me cook 5 nights now. And I want to catch up on all the posts I missed here. Have a great day everyone!

luludou likes this.
  8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.

Looks like I am on the mend. Antibiotic are kicking in. Yeah!! Turns out the mild chills I have been experiencing are not fever chills. They come and go with my hip pain. It is my body's way to say "Slow down.... and take a pain pill and rest. Kinda like it is on overload. I am notorious for just ignoring pain and just pushing through. I have spent all day managing my pain properly and I only had one episode of chills and over the top pain. Got the pain under control and lookie there.... chills ended.

Looks like I messed up some very important structures and pinched nerves. Now to wait for it to heal. Gonna have to start some exercises to strengthen it.

Dog came in the kitchen and I went to shoo her with my leg (since my hand were occupied with a baking dish), I moved in a "un-natural" hip position and now I get to heal.

Now we get to re-train a 5 and 12 year old dogs to stay out of the kitchen. Any one know if that is even possible?? Hopefully they aren't too old to learn "new tricks".

I have been watching tv and watching Hubby work in the yard. Getting kinda bored. Thankfully I have a cane and can get out bed for a short while. Need to figure out how to make it trendy and chic. HA!!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's been quite awhile since I've posted. Life has been busy and stressful. Work is busy and stressful. Lots of chaos, although a bit less than last year's start. My class is loaded with academically, socially and emotionally distressed children. The sheer number of them is ridiculous in one room. It's too much. I am using my resources, but the parents aren't super supportive. I'm exhausted by day's end and am trying to focus on home and family when I get off of work.

Today was laundry, bill paying, cleaning the porch, then we took M to a local festival to do her tap number with her competition team. We spent the afternoon there. I made dinner. We ate, then I came into the den to do some school work. I'll probably work on my planner for this week too. Even that has fallen to the wayside these days. :(

My friend, who has breast cancer, had her surgery a week ago. She is healing well and starting to get around. Please say a prayer for a smooth recovery for her. Thank you!

I need to catch up on you all! I try to stay in the loop on facebook.

Weather has finally turned to fall like temps. We've have been struggling with rain for weeks. Everything is so wet. Even the trim on the house is covered with green residue from the dampness and lack of sunlight. I worked on cleaning it off the porch banisters and railings this morning.

I guess I'll move on before I write a 2 page post! lol

Take care, God Bless!

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Sunday here and had a little lie in.
    DH has taken the dogs to DD's to look at her car. I think that he will pop into the hardware store while he is there. DS and I are not sure what plans will be today. I feel like going out but not sure where, it is such a pretty day.
    He had dinner in the slow cooker and I am looking forward to that tonight.
    Public holiday here tomorrow for Labour Day and then I have Tuesday off so a nice long week for me. I will need to work extra the following week as new CW is taking some time off to nurse her mother.

Lisa, nice to see you posting,
    Pam, glad you got some sleep.
    Carrie, take care,
    Dierdra, always busy,
    Deb, hope DH is reviewed favourably,
    Lana, Teigan will make a cute princess,
    H2, pity about the game being called off,
    Jess, hope the headache goes away soon, how is DD's head?

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

It ended up being a nice but chilly day. We put up the shelves in the shed without much problems. I was surprised at how easy it was to assemble. Very sturdy. I could climb them if I was inclined (which I am not at my age). Then we stood around trying to decide where to hang items. Dh remember he had a bucket of brackets so we figured out everything including how to keep the extra boards from falling out of between the studs. DD even helped. Turned out nice. Tomorrow I'll focus on the garage so I can get the rest of my gardening items in order. At some point in the next few weeks we will have to move two large hose storage boxes in and two huge garden pots. Then I'm done.

Dh went to the store for tenderloins. Two whole ones. I cut them up into steaks and stir fry pieces. The bits and pieces that had silver skin on them I boiled for broth. Dh said to maybe I could make beef stroganoff with the broth and pieces of meat. It was 5:30 by the time I was done cutting and freezing the meat. Too late to bake the potatoes to go with steak. So I made White Turkey Chili from items in the freezer. Now I have several lunches of chili in the freezer. All in all a good day.

I'm heading for a hot bath to relax my aching back. Nite all.

White Chicken Chili recipe. I add tortilla chips to the soup with the cheese and sour cream.Great recipe to use up leftover chicken.
    https://www.celiac.com/articles.htm...spanish/white-chicken-chili-gluten-free-r603/

luludou likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Lisa welcome back.
    Got up around 7:00, yoga, washed main bathroom, made spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, made some sloppy joes for tomorrow, veggie soup - and prepped 5 bags of veggies to be frozen for more soups this Fall. Did tons of dishes. Laundry. Cut up most of the flowers in the front of the house.
    Around 5:00 went to dh's uncle's house (just in the road back of us), his cousin is emptying it as his father is in the hospital and won't be coming back. His other cousin & wife were there too. they all came back here with us, we ordered pizza. Power outage from 8 to 9:00. They left early.

Will go take a bath and bed.

'Night

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Today, we finally put the rail back up on the deck (it's been about a yearo_O) I could not understand why a project doesn't get completed, then I think about my UFO's. no more complaining. I also got the boxes and bins in the garage sorted according to contents. DH is assigned the task of bringing in one box a day for me to sort and deal with. It will take me the entire month and garage will almost be ready to park the car in it.

Tomorrow I will be helping DD(32) find a dress for DD(29)'s wedding. I am hoping we can do it within 2 hours. I went to her school last night to help her work on her skills, she is studying to be an esthetician. I got my eyebrows and legs waxed. Next time a facial.

Have a good evening. Will let you know how the shopping goes.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DS and I went to the outlet centre about 30 minutes from our house. Got a new top for myself, a summer shirt for DH and had some lunch. Went to DD BF house and moved the car, it is now facing forward so will be easier for me to move later.
    Home and a nice cup of tea.
    Dinner is nearly done.
    Glad for a long weekend, not ready for work tomorrow.

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Deb- Congrats to your DGD on her hard work!
    Carrie- That's really interesting about the chills! That happens to me sometimes and I always just chalk it up to me being cold, but now i'm wondering if it's what you are saying. I'll have to pay more attention now because i'm the same way, I just keep going, never slow down.
    Lisa- So glad to see you! You've been missed!
    Katrina- Enjoy your holiday! DD seems to be doing well, thanks for asking.
    Diedra- Glad the shelves are up uneventfully.
    Jody- Hope the shopping went well!