December 2018 Menus

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been really bad about Menu planning this month. Last week:

Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and french cut green beans
Waffles (which were horrible but I told Dh it wasn't a good recipe, he now believes me) and bacon
New recipe with meatballs in a pan with sliced half cooked potatoes with a cream sauce. Excellent
Leftover pizza from the freezer since I'm trying to use what we have
Shrimp
Tonight was fried fish and a pack of frozen veggies since I was worn out from decorating cookies

I'll work on this week's menu tomorrow

Monday is my day to choose
Tuesday is Dh day
Thursday is DD day--she usually want Culver's (cheeseburgers) or Mexican. Once in a while Chinese
Friday is usually fish or pizza night

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have been awful about menu planning too! I have two things that have been lingering from past menus that I just haven't made: fajitas and steak. I've never cooked flank steak so it's still in the freezer intimidating me. haha

I, too, will work on this week's menu tomorrow because my head hurts too much right now.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Diedra!

We had regular steak last night, NY strip, with potatoes and corn.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was buzzing around the house getting things organized or out of the house. Dh was going to the store early this evening so I had him pick up cheeseburgers for dinner. No cooking or clean up for me.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No menu-planning this Week as I didn't have my usual Monday to cook.
Monday was - spaghetti (had a sauce cooking in the crockpot)
Tuesday was leftover chines fondue steak, so we made grilled cheese sandwiches out of that.
No idea for the rest of the Week, maybe an omelet tonight.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Finally sat down after looking into the freezer and then pulled out some recipes.

M-Shredded Pork Salad
T-Walffles
W-Meatballs and Potato Casserole
Th-Pizza (note to self not to forget to put french fries on top this time)
F- Fried Chicken
S Shrimp Pasta
Sun-Leftovers

Next Week (because it's just as much work to do two weeks planning as it is one week. Might just as well get it done.)

M-Egg Roll Stir Fry (or I might try a slow cooker recipe I was on Pinterest)
T-Breakfast
W-Roast Chicken from Walmart
Th-Teriyaki Beef Noodle Bowls
F-Cheese Italian Alfredo Stuffed Shells (might have to make two batches since LC22 will be here and she isn't fond of Alfredo sauce, that's ok, she'll help)
S-Steak and Hashbrowns
Sun- (LC22 will help decide for the weekend)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was informed by DH that we had a visit from a mouse in the kitchen near the stove. Went to work and started cleaning everything. This was not what I wanted to do!!! Just a couple more things to clean and I will be done. Just really needed a break. Once I am done I will straighten the rest of the house to keep it maintained. If time permits I have a couple of bills to pay. DH and I are not having a good day together so we are staying out of each others way. He hears and interprets what I say as something I am not saying at all. grrrrr....bite my tongue and walk away.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
MissJoDee oh no not a mouse!!! I understand days like that, they happen when we are all tired.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
No problem about the mouse, he will not be stirring soon.