December 24th-December 30th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Merry Christmas to you ALL!!!

My sewing did NOT get done. I had more than I realized for them (other gifts purchased) but with my great Aunt going to the doctor 4 days this week and in the hospital last night and that was leaving at 6 and getting home alittle after 12:30. Plans kinda went haywire.

But Christmas Eve is done and gone and I am filling stockings now and will be in bed within 30 to 45 minutes.

DD, a monthly felt food gift is a nice ideal!

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have two clay ornaments I'd like to work on this week.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I found the bits that I had purchased way back in May/ June to make ornaments with this year. I bought everything I needed then suddenly forgot I had it. I found it all today when I pulled out my Christmas napkins- no idea why the bits were there? I even forgot that I had planed to make them- so they are first on my list this year! I do remember thinking when I put up the tree that we had not done any ornaments this year- but still did not realise that I had intentions of them happening.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Won't be home till Wednesday afternoon. Plan to work on some knitting and perhaps the CCS I brought with me. Then get back to those poinsettia placemats, napkins and table topper; felt food; hair clips; felt kit Christmas stocking, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Merry Christmas to my crafty friends.
I am certainly keen to start a new list of craft projects for 2018.
I just finished baby blanket that I will put away fir use later on, would like to start on the knitted poppies soon for the 5000 poppies project.
I have a tote full of upcoming projects all ready to go in ziplock bags so I think I am in pretty good form for the new year.

Will sit down in the next few days with my planner and get started.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi all!

Even though the last two years have been not so crafty for me (DS14’s OCD issues) ... I loved loved reading about all the beautiful sounding creative endeavors happening on here.

I will continue to read and be inspired ... and maybe actually make something.

Blessings to all!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I too am eagerly looking ahead to 2018 crafting!!! There are some things that didn't get done for 2017 that I'll carry over but excited to come up with new projects as well!

I would really like to focus on sewing on the machine and knitting this year!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Would love to see more of you more regularly in 2018!

Did a lot of knitting in the car on the way home yesterday and today. Now my elbow is throbbing, and I don't know if the knitting is irritating it or if it got tweaked in a fall while skiing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since I finally finished my knit scarf last Friday I am working on some crochet dishcloths... easy-peasy!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - Hope your elbow feels better!!!

Lucie - Easy peasy is a good thing this time of year I think!

I made a couple of simple felt ornaments last night while sitting on the couch watching TV. Just need to hot glue on a few doo dads to finish them off tonight.

My fingers are just itching to jump into new projects. Been browsing Pinterest and trying to come up with ideas but not a whole lot of excitement yet.

I plan to make another fleece fringed blanket with felt applique this year, this time for a different person. But I really liked how it turned out so that will be a good one to repeat.

My other idea is to find out what size bed a couple of folks on my gift list have so that I can purchase some plain flannel sheet sets and embellish them with embroidery. Was thinking grey sheets with either all white or all black design. Just along the top border of the flat sheet and the edges of the pillow cases probably.

Still perusing for other ideas! :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

AJ ~ Love the sheets and pillowcase idea! I know you knit, so I'm sharing a link to a lace edging for pillowcases. This could also be added across the top of the sheet. I did it on a set of pillowcases in 2013.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knit-hilton-lace-edging-for-pillowcases

Although I think embroidery on flannel would be beautiful, and you may not want something a little more "rustic" looking on flannel. Snowmen would be something to definitely look at. White on gray ... YES!

Lucie ~ Dishcloths sounds like a great and relaxing project for this time of year.

I'm going to try to get some machine stitching done on the poinsettia placemats today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've always thought I'd like edging pillowcases, I might just do that in 2018, but mostly in 2018 I want to become very good at knitting socks. I'd like to give that as gifts for 2018. I need to come up with a list of 2018 crafts, maybe next week when all is put away and everyone is gone.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I've always thought I'd like edging pillowcases, I might just do that in 2018, but mostly in 2018 I want to become very good at knitting socks. I'd like to give that as gifts for 2018. I need to come up with a list of 2018 crafts, maybe next week when all is put away and everyone is gone.
I live the idea of knitted socks. But I don't knit. I do crochet ... hmmmm
Perhaps I'll look at crochet sock patterns. Pinterest? Any other places?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I live the idea of knitted socks. But I don't knit. I do crochet ... hmmmm
Perhaps I'll look at crochet sock patterns. Pinterest? Any other places?
Well, I just a lovely time on Pinterest looking at patterns. I found some! Maybe ... just maybe, I'll make socks for everyone next year!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Several good ideals going around.

I am thinking of items for next year and would really like to have a mostly home made Christmas---Shall see.

Some possibilities are:

fleece neck warmers

crocheted scarfs

bowl covers

microwave bowl holders

pot lid holders

cord holders

pot holders

bath soaps, salts, jellies, lotion, vicks drops, luffa sponges (if they make in the garden) etc..... along the line of that

pillow cases maybe for the kids but don't know. I wouldn't use them on the kids bed if sheets didn't match so not sure. Could put their other presents in them for wrapping.

crocheted scrubbies--the bigger 2 sided ones if I could do the pattern.

pillows

table runners--some mini ones for back of the stool

ornaments--I do at least one a year if not more

vanilla-I try to give every couple of years

Paula Deen seasoning salt also every couple years- family loves it.

Miracle Cream is another every couple years. Sometimes I do these items yearly but didn't this yr..

Around the first of the year I will post the thread for the sign up for the Christmas In July Swap Ornaments. I know several of you do GREAT ones so maybe think about joining! I have 2 ideals chosen so will see which one I will do. Unless I change!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This is the best time I think for crafting planning - there is a WHOLE YEAR to play with - I live to dream big, make a BIG list and then if I trim it down, so be it. :rolleyes:

I love the lace edging but that is way beyond my skill level right now. Embroidery I know I can do and I've found that I'm much more likely to complete a gift project if I don't have to learn my way through making it. I'm going to browse Pinterest for pattern idea inspiration...

Here are some pics of things I finished last night:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39369895871/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/39369896571/in/dateposted-public/

I've got a small shoebox full of all my supplies for cork and bead ornaments ready to tackle. And I've started another small box with felt pieces and other doo dads for making little ornaments like the ones above. Still browsing and planning for official projects.

One thing I'm trying to do when I look at Pinterest is to see BEYOND the pictures. Just because it's a picture of a gift tag made from paper doesn't mean I couldn't recreate it in felt or fabric and have a really great ornament. Or vice versa.

I found a really cute idea for making little embellished gift card holders from felt - and I will be making a few of those for next year!

Reactions: jampss

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana - great ideas!
Jampss - I am better at crochet too but my 2017 goal was to learn to knit the socks and I want to make many so it'll become easy for me.
AJ - I made felt holly leaves like these one year. Is the ornament with the reindeer paper or felt?

Reactions: jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Oops!

Last edited: