December 24th-December 30th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ That's an impressive list! Keep us posted.

AJ ~ Great pictures of your projects. You really do lovely work with felt!

Lucie ~ I've knit socks for years and still have some problems occasionally! Don't let me discourage you, though. It's great fun as I'm sure you've already experienced.

Paula Deen seasoning salt also every couple years- family loves it.

Is this her House Seasoning? I would like to try the recipe your family loves!
I love the lace edging but that is way beyond my skill level right now. Embroidery I know I can do and I've found that I'm much more likely to complete a gift project if I don't have to learn my way through making it.

That’s wise! Your embroidery is beautiful!

One thing I'm trying to do when I look at Pinterest is to see BEYOND the pictures. Just because it's a picture of a gift tag made from paper doesn't mean I couldn't recreate it in felt or fabric and have a really great ornament. Or vice versa.

I’ve been doing something similar … looking for ideas for punch needle ornaments. There aren’t enough patterns available, and the ones I see are so expensive! I’ve been finding simple coloring book pages that should be perfect.

I’ve been surfing the internet for ideas, too. Mostly looking at and purchasing machine embroidery designs. I found a beautiful machine embroidery 3-D lace peacock that I ended up getting free after ordering other items.

I have two more placemats to machine embroider (in the 4 corners of each); plus 3 more napkins to hem. Then I will wash the placemats to remove the water soluble stabilizer. If I get them done before January 6th (Epiphany), I will be able to use them. If not, I’ll put them away for next Christmas.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Such beautiful ideas for the new year.
I love the knitted pillow case edge. I do another one that is very easy I will see if I can find the pattern and post it here.
I am thinking of working with some felt this year, I would love to make my kids a hand made ornament for the tree. All of theirs are dhop bought.
Plenty to think about.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks, Lana. I can find the recipe online, but wanted to confirm that it was the one you referred to. Do you use kosher salt or regular salt. Do you use freshly ground pepper? I'll have to give it a try.

Okay, the poinsettia placemats are finally done, together with the napkins and a reversible table topper.

I've posted pictures of the placemats and table topper on my blog as well as pictures of my 2017 Christmas cards and tuck-ins.

I'm wondering if that's all for 2017. It should be, as the next thing I need to do is a good deal of Craftermath Control.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Okay, the poinsettia placemats are finally done, together with the napkins and a reversible table topper.
I've posted pictures of the placemats and table topper on my blog as well as pictures of my 2017 Christmas cards and tuck-ins.
Oh my!!!! Your crafts are beautiful!!!!