December Daily 2018?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Will anyone be doing the December daily this year? I really enjoy these photo albums. I’m thinking of doing a hybrid this year. Part digital/ part physical.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Yes, yes, yes!! I can't wait for December Daily. I had so much fun last year and I'm really looking forward to it this year as I'll be closer to our daughter and we should have my husband at home for a few days before he heads out. I'm excited for the launch of Ali Edwards' products - email coming soon is what I heard. Of course, I have so much product already but who can resist the new designs? I just watched a You Tube video that showed some great bargains at Tuesday Morning - do you have one anywhere near you, Laurie?

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Pam, we used to have one very close, but unfortunately it closed down two months ago. There is still one about 30 minutes from me, I’ll have to check into it. I love Ali Edwards products and yes I buy something every year from her collection whether I need it or not. :)

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pam, we used to have one very close, but unfortunately it closed down two months ago. There is still one about 30 minutes from me, I’ll have to check into it. I love Ali Edwards products and yes I buy something every year from her collection whether I need it or not. :)
How long have you been doing December Daily? Last year was my first year.

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi! I'm glad to see that someone else likes the December Daily. I've toyed with the idea of making one for awhile but I don't think I would have much to put in it, maybe a decorating daily? I'm going to start looking around for ideas.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
There are a lot of suggestions in the December Daily Facebook group for people who don't feel they have a lot to put into an album, especially people who are single or don't have children. Some of the suggestions are memories such as favorites from childhood, current favorites like movies, music, books, ornaments, decorations at home, events going on at school, church, college, your workplace, your neighborhood. There are a lot of prompts on Pinterest for something new each day, one of the ones I just pinned has things like mail, red & white, errand, candle, dinner time, ornament, lights, bundled, baking......etc. And don't forget the holiday Starbucks (or you local coffee shop) cup (ask for an empty one that you can cut to size and include in your album).

I'm going to go back and make a blog post about last year's December Daily and I'll include a list of what I focused on each day. I don't always stick to one story as we pack a lot into the weekends. I also want to make a completely separate album for all of our ornaments - a photo, the place/event/memory it commemorates, that sort of thing but that's a long term project as we have a LOT of ornaments. Your decorating daily sounds like a great idea.

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for the ideas, Pamela. We are grandparents of five and they are all in sports of one kind or another. I never thought to include basketball games in a December Daily and now I will be including those. I do like the prompts on Pinterest idea and have already found a few. Can't wait to read your blog post. Thanks!

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Laurie and Twink, Ali Edwards posted the December Daily release details. Are you on her email list or the December Daily Facebook page? If not, here are the details:

August 29 - Facebook Live and this year's December Daily Planner and Journal go on sale
September 6 - Order selection period begins
September 30 - Order selection period ends
October 2 - December Daily Product Play registration begins - I signed up for this online class last year and loved it - great ideas for using the products - it was $20 but I had a coupon code for $3 off so I paid $17)
October 10 - December Life Collection goes live (I think this is her new gift wrap and tags collection)
October 19 - December Daily digitals available for purchase
November 6 - December Daily Product Play class goes live
December 1 - Start documenting your December!

Can't wait to share December Daily with you!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wow! I just looked at some of the December Daily albums on Google. There are some impressive albums. That's a great way to gather thoughts and memories.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
There are some very creative artists out there, Mary, and a lot of them are on design teams for the various companies that make December Daily products. I am by no means artistic but I loved putting photos of our holiday activities with some journaling to make a fun album to enjoy for years to come. I used a 6x8 album but there is also a 3x8 album available and a 4x6 album if a smaller size works better.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
Pamela, I checked out some of Ali Edwards' stuff from years past and she has some really cool stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have any of her products but I do have tons of scrapbook paper so I think I will use that.

Mary, some of those albums are incredible aren't they? I bet they take a long time to make.

Laurie, how would you make a digital album?

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pamela, I checked out some of Ali Edwards' stuff from years past and she has some really cool stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have any of her products but I do have tons of scrapbook paper so I think I will use that.

Mary, some of those albums are incredible aren't they? I bet they take a long time to make.

Laurie, how would you make a digital album?
Scrapbook paper is perfect. You can use the whole sheets (cut to the size of your page protectors) or punch out various Christmas designs if you have punches or a die cut machine. The craft stores - Michaels, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, even places like Tuesday Morning and the dollar stores - have a variety of tags and other things you can use and don't forget ribbon, brads, sequins, buttons, wood veneer pieces. You can spend a lot or a little and have a fabulous album either way.

I use some digital components - I like to buy the digital edition of the journal cards so I can type on them in Photoshop - there are some really cute fonts out there and I like to have a consistent font in my album. If you have a typewriter or access to one, you can add text that way. Typewriters are making a huge comeback. There are a lot of photo companies that make books you could use as your digital album - I think anywhere that has a photo service offers them as well, Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreens - hard bound or the less expensive soft cover. You can also just print off your pages and add them to an album. Persnickety Prints is a company I hear a lot about and I understand they have great sales. A friend of mine works on her pages and stores them on the site and then prints them out when there is a sale.

As it gets closer to the start of December Daily, check out the You Tubers who show their foundation pages - they use products to make a variety of page designs in advance that they will just add photos and journaling to on the days in December. You don't need the products to replicate the designs - you can use similar items from your stash. I don't know if you've heard the term scraplifting, there are so many ideas out there and everyone borrows from others to add to their designs.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
The blog post of my December Daily 2017 is up. Let me know if you have any questions.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Twink, I use a variety of apps for my digital december daily as well as some physical components. It’s called hybrid scrapbooking. I by both Ali’s digital cards and physical kits. My favorites are always from one of her designers Jasmine Jones. I use a 6x8 photo album usually the one designed by Jasmine Jones as well. I love her style. I often will print photos off after writing on them on my computer or in one of the apps I use. I also use my project life app quite a bit.
I have taken just about all of the classes Ali offers, my favorite was her hybrid class.
By the way she just announced that she had to change her dec. daily instagram account if anyone wants to follow her. The new one is @decemberdaily
So looking forward to this season!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm not sure I'd like to do this in Dec. I'm thinking maybe do something every Rudy's Day all year long.

Twink

MHH Member
Jul 22, 2015
I like the term "scraplifting". Pamela, your december daily is beautiful and thanks for all the ideas on using scrapbook paper. Laurie, thanks for the info on making a digital december daily. I like the idea of the hybrid scrapbooking. It's going to take me a little bit to try some of these ideas out but if I start now, I should have something done by December!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I forgot to post that yesterday was Ali Edwards' December Daily sale - still quite a few items available and a lot of digital products. I love the digitals - once you buy them, you can use them over and over. Does anyone use Photoshop for digital scrapbooking? I started with Photoshop Elements and I'm still navigating through it.