December Photo-a-Day Challenge

Discussion in 'December Daily' started by CheeryChick, Sep 20, 2015.

1. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

Challenges like this can be found all over the Internet; it's pretty easy to create nice pictures with a smartphone and one of the easy photo-editing apps. I liked this one so much that I saved it to my Pinterest and decided to share here, too.

[​IMG]

2. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Great idea! I really need to take more pictures :)

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

That is a neat ideal!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'd love to use those topics for an art journal

5. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

What a fantastic idea! :D That would be super-cool and such a neat memory to look back at through the years.

Here are a few more I've discovered:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

As one of my Christmas gifts this year I have asked a friend to take some photos of my family. We have not had family photos taken for years and I just feel it is time to get some done.
    My family consists of DH and myself, DD, DS, my mum and my brother, so not a huge group but very special to me.
    My mum and I will put the photos in albums and it would be lovely to add some photos of the themes listed here.

8. farmerswife

farmerswife Active Member

Thanks for the reminder I wanted to do that this year. I just put it on my to do list!

9. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Ohmigosh ~ I LOVE this idea!! And have the whole thing bound in a book for the kids for the future. LOVE IT! (And I was just thinking about Advent - we could make this part of our Advent calendar)

10. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

My daughter gave me a Christmas smash book last year and this would be a great way to put it to use. I'm going to go back and heck them out closer.

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Nice idea! I'd vary it some to take account of Hanukkah and the fact that DH's birthday falls in December.

12. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

I love this idea. I tried to do Capture365 one year but only made it for two months! :elf:Maybe I could do 25 days....my camera phone has been acting up though so I would have to see if I can get it to work...if not could use the theme as journaling or art journal prompts.

Also I'm doing 30 Days of Thankful starting...November 1st.

13. sweetpumkinpye

I have set a date for mid November for a family photo day. We are joining another family and we will take photos of each other.

Would like to take a photo every day for the 25 days and use it as an advent calender for next year.

14. sweetpumkinpye

Sadly the date we had set aside to take photos fell through. We have decided to try again in March/April and give the photos for Mother's Day.

15. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I get a photo of DS and I every year from his school.

On Mothers Day (or actually a few days before) they have a mother/ son breakfast at school. The school pays a professional photographer to take a portrait of son and Mum together. The school then gets them printed in a 5x8 for each boy to give to his Mum on Mothers Day. The photos come out great and I love them- they usually print them in black and white.

16. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

I tried the challenge back in 2014. Was doing okay but then fell off. I may try again for 2016.

17. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I know this is an old thread, but I think it's a great idea. What do you take the photos of? do you do people, decorations or what? I am also interested in doing the 365 days and starting on the first day of summer vacation until next years summer vacation.

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I do anything that relates to what I do. Could be something in the garden or a photo of me doing something I enjoy (or not enjoy!) but anything that records your life.

I think a whole year of photos would be a lot of fun.

19. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Saved and Printed these ideas off! I agree a year of photos would be excellent! I loved photography but have not picked up my camera in a long time.

Edit to add:

Okay I did it :) a quick Pinterest search resulted in September to August (did till next year) monthly photo challenges printed.
    Printed them off four to a page, cut them out and taped into my dayplanner!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  20. CheeryChick

CheeryChick Member

You do whatever the word means for you. You just have to find a connection. :)