Easter 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary - ROFLOL on the bunny front! I can only imagine the look of horror DS would give me if I told him I was serving rabbit!!! lol We'll stick with carrots!!! Have fun planning your big Easter dinner!!! And please share what you are thinking! What kind of candy are you having trouble finding, btw?

I was looking for Mounds candy bars. The aisle was filled with everything but that. I was at the grocery store today and forgot to look. :rolleyes:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Since my hubby bought a cart full of Easter candy on sale (we had a one day digital coupon) I told him I won't even bother buying easter candy. BUT today..I had an idea. I've been wanting to try homemade chocolate covered eggs for years. I have the mold even and just haven't done it. So that's what I'm going to do for him and my brother. I think that will give me a nice surprise.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I still have the Easter stuffed animals Sophia got for her first Easter - it was a Hallmark line, Bloomer Bunny and Puddles the Duck and there are some accessory pieces as well, little cardboard boxes that feature Bloomer and Puddles scenes. I can't wait to have them for next year, they will look really cute on my three-tier stand.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I was looking for Mounds candy bars. The aisle was filled with everything but that. I was at the grocery store today and forgot to look. :rolleyes:

I have been in that same boat at the Christmas holidays since I need them for DH's favorite cookie recipe! The candy aisle at Meijer usually has bags of fun size - but I've also played the game of checking every checkout lane at Meijer and buying the full size bars - which is easy since Meijer only keeps 1-2 of their 38 lanes open now a days - LOL

Fingers crossed - somewhere will have them! Maybe Walgreens?

Talked with our cousin last night to finalize Easter menu plans. Confirmed brisket we're making - in addition I will be making:

- Deviled Eggs
- Pecan Caramel Bourbon Cheesecake
- Slow Cooked Green Beans with Bacon
- Cold Spinach Dip + Hawaiian bread chunks for dipping
- Something else I haven't decided yet....appetizer or side dish :)

I'll bring down wine and a bottle of coffee liqueor for making coffee martini's - she was SO excited about that. We both bought our bottles at the same time and theirs is long gone - she couldn't believe we hadn't opened ours yet!

Reactions: Minta

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
AJ, Thanks for mentioning the brisket! I have one in my freezer I definitely need to use. Perfect, since I can put it in the oven overnight and take it out before we go to church or put it on later and let it continue to cook while we're at church. And I love the spinach dip! Deviled eggs, or course, are a must. I'm not even sure who is coming or where we're having Easter lunch. I'm inclined toward a mid-afternoon meal....but we'll see. DGSs never have been big egg hunters. I have a couple of things for them for Easter, but we don't go all out with baskets for them.

We'll have sunrise services at 6:30AM, breakfast at church at 8:15, then, Sunday school and Easter cantata with the Lord's Supper at church. No services at night.

I don't have my decorations out...just can't make myself venture into the storage shed to look through the tote. Maybe I can get that done before the weather hits.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have been in that same boat at the Christmas holidays since I need them for DH's favorite cookie recipe! The candy aisle at Meijer usually has bags of fun size - but I've also played the game of checking every checkout lane at Meijer and buying the full size bars - which is easy since Meijer only keeps 1-2 of their 38 lanes open now a days - LOL

Why are some of the most brilliant ideas the simplest ideas? I never thought of looking at the checkout aisle. Good grief! :rolleyes: Thank you!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did get my daughters Easter "box" out to her. She's 24 and married and she still wants an Easter Basket..lol So now it's more like a Flat Rate Priority box filled with Easter goodies, including grass and I tell her NOT to open it till Easter morning. I am nice and toss in some extra candy for my son in law too. ;)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Things are getting finalized. We will meet for an early dinner with my in-laws on Saturday afternoon. Sunday will be the seven of us. We'll have a ham cooked in the crock pot, rolls, and roasted vegetables. Most likely they will be green beans, Brussels sprouts, carrots and onions. Dessert most likely will be macaroons, carrot cakes and/or Easter sugar cookies.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I just remembered that my maternal grandfather's side of the family is having a family reunion the day before Easter. Who does that??? On a day when I need to be cooking for Easter? :rolleyes: I suppose I can make it double duty and cook for the reunion some of what I'll be cooking for Easter...two birds with one stone!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Checked with my Mother in law and none of the kids have made plans or asked her over, so as of this moment she's coming to my house. Always kinda amazes me that no one makes plans on his side of the family, but so be it. I'm use to it after 15 years.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished tying all tags onto Easter class treat bags!

Then I realized I have nothing for teacher and 2 aides! Yipe! Will be looking at Pinterest for quick ideas - what did we do before Pinterest? I really have no idea!!!

Getting excited for this weekend!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished shopping for and assembling teacher and aide gifts yesterday! Ended up getting a Burts Bee chapstick multipack that I broke up - got a 3 pack of personal size Kleenex in cute packaging - 3 travel sizes of hand lotion and some little chocolate bunnies - filled 3 Easter theme cello bags with all the loot!

Used a printable from Pinterest - had DS sign the back - punched a hole and tied onto the bags with thin purple ribbon - looks super cute!

Got all class treats and teacher/aide gifts loaded into a big paper shopping bag with handles so DS can carry into school tomorrow.

Now I just need to find time to assemble the Easter basket! Planning to fill Easter eggs late Friday night. Finished shopping for Easter egg filler yesterday.

Planning to stop by specialty candy store today on lunch to get extra large yummy jelly beans.

Made DH make up the brisket rub last night - one less thing to do this weekend!

Forecast says high of 71 for Easter Sunday here! Which means I need to rethink my clothing plans for all of us!

And I think I need a pedicure!!!! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh no Lucie!!!! Hoping you have some options to be under cover!!!

Our last family reunion was at a park in a city an hour away - there was a tornado warning with absolutely no where to go - very scary!!!!

Got Easter class treats/teacher gifts dropped off this morning!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I finalized plans this afternoon with DDIL about Easter. I'm making brisket and ham along with a couple of sides. She, her mom, my mom and DD26 will all make one or two sides or a dessert. Should be plenty for all! We'll eat around 1 or 1:30 after we all get home from church.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
It's only going to be me, hubby, our 2 kids and my mom for Easter. Breakfast will be chocolate chip french toast and scrambled eggs. Dinner : Grilling T-bone steaks, sides will be mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus and cherry tomatoes, corn. Desserts will be Cheese cake with various canned fruit toppings and a cool mint cream pie.

Oh and I forgot Deviled eggs too of course LOL

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Made the Bouron Caramel Pecan sauce for the cheesecake last night - almost bombed it - didn't realize you don't stir caramel!!!!! UGH! But it turned out great and I have 3 jars in the fridge!

Got all the grocery shopping done for Easter as well - will start some of the food prep tonight!