Ebay?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Not sure where to put this but as the item is a stocking stuffer gift then Im putting the question here.

Is anyone here an experienced ebayer?

I ordered a stocking stuffer gift on 7th Jan from China. The postage generally takes a long time to get here. But the item has not arrived. It is now 26th of Feb. It is not an expensive item about $6 in total.

I have contacted the seller who has replied twice and asked for more time both times. I just want them to resend the item- they have lots of them. I dont actually want a refund. I opened a request with ebay. How much more time can they want!!!

Anyone know how to get this resolved? I think the seller is just stalling by continually wanting more time? Hoping that eventually I will go away and forget it. I wont as it is a Donald Duck item for DS!

The only other time this happened the seller immediately sent another item. The first item turned up a few days later. The seller then told me to keep both items as a gift.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Tanya

There should be a place on the "your account" page to report the seller if he hasn't sent the item yet and give him/her bad feedback.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks.
The seller keeps insisting that they have sent the item- from China there is no tracking numbers! so it cant be traced. They are blaming post delays.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It is long from China. I ordered on nov 11 (a day where they had hot sales)... and got some of the gifts end of January!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have had mixed results from China. Something have come in a few weeks. Some after 6 weeks and then for one we have had to ask for a refund because nothing was ever shipped. Dh researches the sellers from China very well now. It is hit and miss.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I agree with Diedra we have had mixed results too..DD thought she was buying a camisole and what arrived looked like something an exotic dancer would wear, it literally had no back...when she tried to return it-per the seller's policy-they kept sending emails that would make suggestions-can't you wear it with another shirt? Can you give it to a friend? Don't you need to keep it awhile and then decide? Finally-after weeks- they gave half the money back and said keep it...I think your plan of not taking no for an answer is the best policy to pursue...

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I try to not order if it has to come from China because it takes a really long time and many are not reliable. I would continue to contact them and use the grievance process through ebay until I got some satisfaction.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH who buys quite a lot on ebay says,

Look for another site that may have the same item.
Email the original seller and say that if this is not rectified quickly with a refund you will leave negative feedback (they hate it).
Buy from the new seller.

I hope this helps.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks girls.

I have asked ebay to step in an resolve this. Im pretty sure that they will expect the seller to give a refund. One minute the seller told me he had tracking the next he didnt- Im not saying that he did not send it- just that somewhere along the way it has been lost. One of his emails told me that the package had been searched for drugs???? Im pretty sure he is just hoping that I will go away and forget it. But I wont!