Fall 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I went to Michael's today! Their fall decor' collection is fabulous! I want one of everything....not even joking. Really soft colors, and right on trend. Loved it. Nothing was on sale yet, but I'm guessing it will be soon!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I start on Labor Day as well. The kids go back to school next week so we're well into our school routine by then.
I like to just add a few fall touches st first then add more as we progress into fall. I always decorate my mantle with pumpkins and leaves and berries. I have used white pumpkins for the past several years. I also love to use wood slices that my son and husband cut for me.

Recently I've set the stage for my Christmas decorations with fall, using elements that will work for both like wooden lanterns etc. I use glass jars and candles too just switching colors and accessories.
I love this stuff! I love hearing how everyone decorates!

Reactions: teachermomof2

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Beginning of September for me too. I can hardly wait - I just received my Fall Scent of the Season goodies in the mail from Melaleuca - Spiced Apple Cider candle, scented oil warmer, wax melt, and room spray. It's going to smell like fall in this house! I think I'm going to put up my fall tree this year - I haven't had it up for a few years.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pamela - I'd love to see pictures of your fall tree. I think I need to find myself a small tree this year with lights in it and change the ornaments according to holidays and season. would be nice!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im going to michaels on wed with my daughter. she makes wreaths so ill get what i need so she can make me one cant wait to see the fall items

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Pamela - I'd love to see pictures of your fall tree. I think I need to find myself a small tree this year with lights in it and change the ornaments according to holidays and season. would be nice!

I'll post one as soon as I get it up. I think some of my decorations will need sprucing up - I use a lot of the fall picks from the craft store, bunches of leaves, berries, that sort of thing and a scarecrow instead of an angel on top!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm sure it looks fantastic Pamela. Love the idea of the scarecrow on top :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got a fake pumpkin today with my grandsons initial on it. christmas tree shop has a lot of cute fall items out

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oooo... Michael's craft store... I haven't been there yet. I just got a Sturbridge Yankee Workshop catalog in the mail today. That is filled with warm, fall furnishings.

I tend to decorate for fall closer to the end of September too. I've adjusted to the new schedules by that point. I start off with the apple scents/decor and artificial fall flowers. I put up artificial leaf garlands around some of our windows. Then in October, pumpkins, scarecrows and Halloween decor gets put up. In November, I put away the apples and Halloween and tuck some Turkey/Pilgrim decor in it's place. We host Thanksgiving so everything stays up until Thanksgiving weekend when we slowly transfer the fall decor for Winter/Christmas decor.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
It's looking like fall here our leaves are changing and falling here so i have started my fall decor i've been waxing leaves and gathering pinecones and have even gotten some acorns which fall from the tree near my home.We here in New England know early fall signs mean early and bad winter coming as my home is located part on the green mountians of vermont and the berkshires so here in this spot we usually get hit hard but,i love my seasons especially this one leaves are beautiful.Got alot of fall pieces like pumpkins,gourds all kinds of things which our shops are full of so my decorating season has begun.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
According to my MIL we are going to have an early fall this year here - she goes by when she first hears the cicadas - 6 weeks from that is first frost and she heard them early July this year :)

So we'll see. She is usually right about this sort of thing though!

We've been having a lot of cool nights and trees are starting to turn. School starts next week too! I'm starting to feel that momentum pick up on the down hill run to Christmas!!!

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
Can I ask what "mums" are please?
I've seen a few of your refer to them.

We don't really decorate for the fall here in the UK although I do buy a few candles that I like to have lit whilst I'm sat in on a rainy day reading and relaxing.

All your decorations sound fab though. I love seeing the leaves change and the cold fall breeze in the air. Fall in wales means the rain gets a bit colder and the wind picks up :-/ so the rain is almost horizontal :-(

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
Ahhhhh now I get you. They are my mums favourite flowers :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im setting my dining room table today for fall i dont want to wait any longer. we only use this for special occasions so it will nic to look at. fall tablecloth pumpkin placemats fall candle and some knick knacks of pumpkins and apples etc

Reactions: Skippy1707

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
im setting my dining room table today for fall i dont want to wait any longer. we only use this for special occasions so it will nic to look at. fall tablecloth pumpkin placemats fall candle and some knick knacks of pumpkins and apples etc

I'd love to be able to do this right now. We don't have a dining room though. I need to find a nice Fall tablecloth. Love this time of year :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I couldn't wait any longer to put out SOMETHING either! lol

We finally purchased, stained and hung doors to the closet in our living room. DH nailed up the painted trim around it last night. This closet is right next to the single door opening from living room to deck so to celebrate that corner's new look I went ahead and brought down a fall wreath and put it on the inside of the door. Just a simple grapevine wreath that I attached sprays of oversized faux bittersweet vine to. Very simple.

Now I just need to clean the glass on the door from all those doggie nose prints!!! :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went to Bath & Body Works and Yankee Candle the other day. Their fall scents are out. :) I wasn't ready to buy anything but I have my eyes on a few items.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have 2 pumpkin scents hand soaps left from last year. i got one pumpkin shower gel the other day

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love reading about all your plans for the fall. I am imaging all the wonderful colours and scents. I so need to have a bath and body works here so that I can go and pick up a few things. It would be a very dangerous store for me.
Here we are moving into Spring, so a little different, I will be using a lot of lavender and freesia/jasmine scents. I am hoping to make or buy a Spring themed wreath for the front door. Am planning to do a major Spring clean and declutter....love this time of year.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom