Fanciful Friday, 11-08-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

It is almost ten a.m. I can't believe I am the first one today!

Slept so/so last night. It is cold this a.m., but I have a very long to do list for the next few days! I can't believe that I decrapified a short time ago, and you would not believe how horrible my place looks again. All these presents! I am buying fewer gifts and spending less money! So that is a good thing. My kids don't need a lot of stuff. I try to get something for them that they won't always buy for themselves. Or something unusual, but I do keep a limit. But it sure is fun having a little one to buy for again. Brysen is my joyful spot.

I plan to stay in today to get some stuff done. This would be a great day to bake! Carrie posted some recipes for bread (homemade) yesterday on FB. I hope to try them soon. I want to make some more pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They make a nice breakfast. And I need to mix up some hot chocolate mix. That would be nice to have in the evening.

Well, this is not getting anything done, and I should get busy. I hope YOU have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We (really meaning I) had a great time with friends last night. DH sat there like a bump on a log and didn't speak to anyone. I get he doesn't like talking but it was pretty rude in my opinion. There's a point where if someone is trying to talk to you, you should talk back and participate in the conversation, not just nod your head and look like a toddler whose mother dragged them to the grocery store when it was naptime. He knew everyone that we met there except the one's husband because he's only met him once, but they have spoken before. Next time i'll just Uber or ask them to give me a ride. :rolleyes: I did get a free t-shirt! And our friend scored us two coozies.

This morning i'm going to DS's school for their first inaugural Veterans Day Assembly. There will be a breakfast at 0830 and then the assembly at 0930. The guy that called me said to feel free to wear a uniform or civilian clothes was fine. I don't even own a uniform anymore, all of my stuff accidentally got donated I think a long, long time ago. :( Not that I would wear a uniform anyway, i'm not in the service anymore and that would be weird. I didn't retire so I will never put a uniform back on. It wouldn't make sense. No idea what the rest of the day will hold after this. Eli still gets out at 12:30 today, last day for that nonsense. I'll be glad to be back to the regular schedule. I started prepping for the math praxis yesterday so will probably do some studying for that at some point today.

Pam- A baking day sounds nice! I need to do that one day next week and make some breads and such.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! was awake at 4:00... but it's Friday!!!
    Busy day at work... seems now everyone has work to give me .. :eek:

Had gym evaluation this Morning but HRate sensor wasn't working so will have to redo that part and then he'll give me the comparison with january 2018 (seems I forgot beginning 2019?).

Posture class at noon. Might pick up groceries on the way home.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Started early this morning. Moved the dinning room table to the Sunroom after I moved in three shelves that now hold my plants. I took the leaf out of the table so Dh and I move it. We had to turn it on it’s side. Then it was 1 inch too wide for the door. Ended up turning it a little so Dh could get the legs outside another door and then my end was wiggled around to slide into the room. Was rather funny to watch but it’s done.

Next I’d like the oak desk moved from downstairs. Not going to be us moving it. Way to heavy even with the drawers removed. The desk is almost 6 feet long. We Will try to find several strong (younger) big tall people to see if they can move it.

Dh moved the Christmas tree upstairs for me. I’ll put it back together later today to check the lights.

I need to help DD with a shower and then she needs to go get her flu shot.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon (almost)!

The Veterans Day program at DS's school was good. They had a breakfast set up in the library for us. Pastries, muffins, fruit, coffee, cookies. Some of the items were made by their culinary students. I went to the office after a bit and asked for DS to be called down to hang out with me because other people had their kids with them. We took a group photo and then were led down to the gym where the assembly was. We went in to applause from the students and walked down a "red carpet" to our seats in the front of the gym in the center with the students in the bleachers. There were 3 guest speakers, two still currently serving and one that is retired after 30 years of service. He is Hawaiian and was 3 when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. He was living on island and him and his brother were playing in their front yard when the planes started coming in. The last speaker is still active duty Navy and she was shot 5 times in Afghanistan in 2014 and has had over 20 surgeries and years of PT since then. She participates in the Navy olympics or military games, something like that and wins and was named the 2019 Navy Soldier of the year. She is amazing. The drill team did a thing and they set up a POW/MIA table. All of the branch songs were played and each Veteran stood up during their song. It ended with the choir singing the school song.

Now i'm home and DH is "watching" TV, but really napping on the couch. :rolleyes: I'll leave in less than an hour to go pick up Eli.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    The ballet last night was really good. The costumes were amazing. Even though we are the Capital City of Australia (most people think Sydney is) we are still a small city with just on 400,000 people living here. A lot of times we don't get major shows or artists visiting here so it is always nice when big companies do come.
    The theatre was packed. The only annoying part of the evening is we had a very enthusiastic ballet fan next to us who would clap at the most inappropriate time, in the end it was actually very annoying and I really wanted to tell her to stop and wait until everyone else clapped.

Today mum will be over to do a big batch cooking session so we can load up the freezers for Summer. Hopefully not a full day of cooking but will see.
    Not sure if we have plans for the evening.

Better get dressed,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

May have found some youngsters to move the desk. We will trade moving the desk for the pool table that is in the basement. Dh said the young guy behind us told Dh he’d be interested in the pool table if we ever decided to sell it. I suggested to Dh he offer a trade since moving a heavy pool table would be about as hard as moving the desk. Then while the neighbor was getting a tour of the basement he asked about the refrigerator we have down in Dh workroom. We will sell that since I do not believe we have anything else very heavy to move.

Dh finished putting shelves in the hallway closet. I emptied several boxes into it. Tomorrow I hope to get Dh to move my bed into the space between the two closets and get him to install the closet rod and mirror I’d like in one closet.

Blessings to all.

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Up early and loaded the dishwasher but didn't start it.

Got off work about 3:30 and stopped by library and picked up 2 books that came in. Then got mom and came home to get Allen and we ran to Mt. Vernon. Went to Menards, Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree and then ate at Bob Evans. Saw 2 couples from Ashley that I haven't seen in awhile there. They came in right behind us and they paid right before us so talked with them twice. Should be doing something but......

Need to go try a few ornaments or clean some more or just put pjs on and look at the 3 Christmas magazines that I picked up at the library.

The house on the corner by the library got painted grass green!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't miss it. Went from white.

Sleep well my friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

Good afternoon,
    Cooking day is done, my kitchen looks a mess but the freezers are looking good.
    Mum had just gone home and I am thinking that I will have a little nap and then finish tidying up. I am not hungry after cooking all day so do not know what we will have for dinner.Hopefully will watch a recorded movie tonight while doing some knitting.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

It's after midnight, so officially Saturday here, but my day is still going...

DH and I went straight to the football game as soon as I changed clothes after work. DS's team won! This puts them into the first round of the playoffs. DD22 was home when we got here. She and I ran to Walmart to get the few things she needs tomorrow for the lingerie shower. The plans had been to go to an escape room afterwards, but the other bridesmaids didn't pitch in their part for the cost, so she cancelled it. They're having a bonfire instead. So, she picked up stuff for s'mores and hot dogs.

I think my mama wants to go shopping tomorrow in Monroe, so I'll help DD get her things done for the party. Then, we'll go to Monroe.

Rest well, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

Night Miss Jane, sleep well.

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.