Fantastic Friday 5.11.08

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angelpugs, May 11, 2018.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Member

Good morning everyone,it's been lovely here all flowers in bloom and birds singing,have my deck all set and been enjoying bbq's.Had another early morning meeting yesterday so today doing some work from home and working on a few more projects as we have our church bazaar coming up.Hope you have a wonderful weekend everyone.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Angelpugs and all who follow!

It's another gray day! Yesterday at dismissal a huge thunderstorm with hail passed through. It was a huge storm and left behind piles of hail outside the doors.

It's a training day today. Of course, everyone else on my team gets time to work on all the items that are due by the end of the month....I'm stuck in training all day long. The AP sent out a list yesterday with items that need done....a sheet long and with things that we didn't even know were expected of us. Honestly. There's no way that anyone can get it done during the school day, so lots of work to do at home during one of the busiest months of the year for me. I'm so frustrated.

Sleepover night tonight! Wish me luck. ;)

Angelpugs....sounds lovely. Flowers are in bloom here, too. I'm thinking dh is going to set up the deck this weekend, but we will see.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

We had a huge thunder, lightning, and hail storm last night. I love weather like that when I am inside, I had the window cracked in the bedroom and it was lovely rain-soaked air that wafted through the bedroom, so fresh and clean. It was busy at the gift shop yesterday morning so the time flew by and then I had my appointment to find out about the issues I was having with the move to Washington. No issues - the support office rep knew exactly what documents we needed to make this happen and we even set up the move on the military moving site so I just have to attach one piece of documentation that Vic will get when he's back in the office next week. Right now, he's flying over the Pacific Ocean, on his way home!

Laundry is running, a few things to do on the computer, and then I'm off to do some grocery shopping. Vic will be in late tonight and I"m not sure if I'll be able to make my friend's Longaberger clearance in the morning but I'll try.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day, Jess, and to anyone else who has been a MilSpouse, and Happy Mother's Day!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! cool day here.. was 2C here this morning brrrr.... did gym, lending my parking space to a cw for the day as my car is still in the garage and I'm coming in with dh.
    Nothing planned at noon but errands after work

ttyl

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Just a quick good morning. Going to take MJ OUT, AND WE WILL DO ERRANDS UNTIL WE POOP OUT. Sorry about all caps. It is going to be quite warm today, and the whole weekend plus storms. I need to haul my carcass out of bed. Get started on the day. Have a good one!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went to Times last night and bought some veggies. We also stopped at Walmart hoping to pick up some business cards and they don't sell them. I really miss mainland Walmart! This morning i'm going to help at the DoTerra table (with no business cards to hand out unfortunately). Then i'll go pick up DD from school because she wants to go before her appointment, I gave her the option. She has a 10:30 appointment with Ortho. I'm anxious to see what they say and what they will do. I feel like all of this should have happened weeks ago, but it took so long to get in for the MRI. I may do an ICE complaint about that depending on what the Ortho says. There is no reason someone should walk around with a fracture for a month because it takes so long to get in for a needed test to determine the damage done.

I'll take DD back to school after her appointment as she has band after school today. No plans for tonight. No girl scouts or anything. I got on my bike yesterday after DH got home from work. We went to an out of the way parking lot and I got familiar with it. I didn't really "ride" it yet because it's a lot more bike than what i've been on so far. I did pick my feet up going from one end to the other but there wasn't a whole lot of room and I want more space. I'm hoping we can take it somewhere else this weekend so I can actually ride. It was fun though.

angelpugs- Sounds beautiful!
    Lisa- Good luck with the sleepover!
    Pamela- Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you as well, and Debbie! I think we're the only 3 on the board, but if I missed anyone same to you!
    Hi Lucie and Pam!

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. yes we had a bad storm here yesterday rain thunder hail. i dont have to water my flowers today. busy day at work will be all weeknd

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

LC1 and DD headed for work this morning. DD had a good morning there.

While they were gone Dh and I headed to Walmart (takes us 3 minutes by car). We bought DD an 8 cube cubby in the Espresso color. I went for a pedicure that lasted for about an hour and a half. New girl that I'm not sure will last long since she also was running 30 minutes late for my appointment. She did call me to let me know. So that wasn't a problem for me but might not be ok for people on a schedule. I did get an excellent pedicure and found out about her life. She has an 8 yr old son with autism and a TBI. She had the same trouble we do with DD. Drs wanting to over medicate. She has a friend who is a Wiccan. That was interesting to hear about the celebrations for the solstice. Not at all a witch type believer as I would think.

After DD finished her after work nap Dh and I put it together. At one point I had to go upstairs to help LC1 and DD. During this few minutes Dh put the bottom on the cubby with one of the shelves not aligned. He of course didn't notice so he didn't understand why I was telling him to stop. Finally a rather loud "stop this minute" got his attention so we could fix the problem. He really shouldn't be without adult supervision when assembling furniture. lol

Then up until dinner DD and I were rearranging her room and filling the baskets that we picked up. Certainly makes the room look a lot more organized than the shelves she had her stuff stuffed into. I did manage to talk her into getting rid of about 10 books that we can drop off at the library.

Wishing all a great weekend. Do something for yourself that you have been putting off.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    It is so cold here at the moment, late Autumn should be cold I know, but this happened quickly.
    DH is at the farm, his flight last night was delayed for about 4 hours so he got in at 10.00pm. I thought he would stay home today.
    DS wants to look at new beds or at least a mattress. Last thing I want to do today but I guess we will end up going.
    Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I am hosting lunch so I need to go and get some things form the shops. I also need to wrap my mums birthday and Mothers Day gifts. So a bit to do today. I would like to just have a quiet day on the couch watching some recorded TV

10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD has a fractured middle cuneiform in her foot. She is now in a non weight-bearing cast for 4 weeks and on crutches. When we go back they will take the cast off and reevaluate and then put her in a boot, either partial weight-bearing or still no weight-bearing, not sure how long for the boot. She's doing pretty good on the crutches so far. She wanted to go back to school but me and the tech decided that it wasn't a good idea since she was still learning on the crutches, for safety reasons.

DD has a friend over now that was supposed to bring her the math homework she missed. My kit finally came in the mail today! I'm going to look through it and wash my new water bottle so I can start using it. I need to make a meal plan and grocery list so I can go shopping in the morning.

Hi HW2!
    Diedra- A pedicure sounds nice!
    Katrina- Mothers Day completely crept up on me this year and I didn't even get cards in the mail. :(

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Can she get a knee scooter instead of the crutches? It would be so much easier for her.

How maddening that she had to wait this long for them to figure out her bone was broken.

12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

What I thought was going to be a quiet day at home ended up being a lot of running around. I went to Kohls to get some work out clothes found me there for 3 hours. ugh. I tried on dresses for a while sending pictures to my DD28 and DDil for opinions No one agreed. I bought the dress I liked best, a wide red belt to wear with my denim dress and hose for the wedding. When I left there I stopped and picked up my new glasses. While I was there, I got a reminder on my phone that I had a doctor appointment. I ran home, ate lunch, and was out the door again.
    The appointment was with pulmonologist that did my sleep study. I had a CT scan and the cardiologist said there were black nodules on the lungs. So he wanted me to ask the pulmonologist. I as what it could be and he said either that the lung "clean up some debris and left dark spots like scarring or cancer. I have always been a non-smoker. I did, however, live in a smoker"s home. From there ran to the office to get the coat I left behind and discuss things with DBoss. After I left there, I went to the imaging place and asked them for a report with a comparison of the 2 CT including the nodules. If the nodules have not changed sizes (very small) a year I am good for another year when another scan will be done (check for growth). If there is a change, I have to go back in 3 months. I didn't get home until 5:30.

Tomorrow, I work, then we head to MN to see future Sonil graduate from U of MN and bbq in his parent's backyard. Busy weekend.

Jessica - Addison has been walking around for some time with a broken foot.
    Lisa - I am sure the girls are having fun celebrating M's birthday.
    MssJane - you're almost there. Hang on you'll make it.
    Katrina - we are cold too, should be in the mid-70 and it was 46* today.
    Hello - to all.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh my. You must be exhausted. Prayers for your next test on those spots.

I'll be waving at you as drive down 94 to the Twin Cities.

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Most of you are probably off to bed by now.

Evidently, someone hit my van at the parking lot at the ballgame last night, so now it will have to go in the shop, too. Can't win for losing with these cars! DGS#1 lost one game and won one. DGS#2 won his game.

Several years ago, some seniors managed to get into the school and pull some pranks - desks turned around backwards, messages written on boards (nothing ugly), trashcans sitting on teacher desks - mostly innocent stuff and has continued a little each year. Last year, it was a little more serious. Last night, it turned from innocent fun to vandalism. Thousands of dollars worth of damage to property and books. There may some students who get arrested and not be able to participate in graduation. Students were't allowed into the building for the first 30 minutes of school. My observer didn't get to come during 3rd period as he should for dealing with it. He did come later in the day, though, so that's over with.

DH went and had his hearing aids serviced today, so he's back online, so to speak. His hearing aids blue tooth to his phone when someone calls him and that had not been working right.

I thought it would be a slow day at the bakery, but I ended up working until almost 7. I came home and made DH and myself a quick supper. I've been in the recliner every since...fell asleep for a few minutes.

Jess, I agree that you should check about the leg scooter. Crazy that it took so long for them to diagnose it.
    Diedra, I can understand the sentiment about DH needing adult supervision during furniture assembly!

Not sure what I'll get into tomorrow.

Night, everyone.

15. MrsSoup

DH suggested the same thing for when we go to the Big Island the beginning of June. Her poor hands already have blisters from the crutches. I'm going to have to wrap the handles with washcloths. It's the military so I doubt we'll be able to get something like that, but I am going to ask if it's a possibility.

16. MrsSoup

Jody- Oh my! I sure hope it's nothing as serious as cancer, but if it is that they get it diagnosed ASAP so you can start treatment. We are here for you either way to see you through anything. Sending good thoughts your way! Please keep us updated!!!!
    Jane- Good gosh, light fun is one thing, but serious vandalism is something else. I will send a good thought for your vehicle situation.

DH and I went to dinner in North Shore at a Mexican place i've been wanting to try. We sat outside and I had a margarita. I had a taco plate and DH had taquitos. All was good and they bring chips and salsa free and it's bottomless. Will definitely go back. Eli just somehow fell off the edge of the couch and hit the back of his head on the wall. He's got a little goose egg now. Dang boys!

Goodnight friends!

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just finished assembling DS new bed. We went to just have a look but when we arrived at the shopping precinct there was a store that was closing down so we went to see what they had. DS ended up getting a mattress that was originally $2500 for $800. He got an $800 bed for $400 so came home much poorer than he was this morning. There were mattresses in the shop for 4 and 5 thousand dollars which I thought was ridiculous.
    We went to the shops and got some groceries for tomorrow and got some hot chips and hot chip sandwiches for dinner.
    DH came home from the farm in a bad mood so has had a shower and is in bed.

Jess, I agree with getting the scooter for DD especially if the crutches are already hurting her hands. Is there a regular non military outlet where you might be able to hire one and pay for it yourself? Hope that the foot heals quickly.

18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Check some and see if there's a medical equipment rental business near you or even on the internet where you can order one.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  19. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Jody....hoping the scans come back okay....praying!
    Jess....do you have an online garage sale fb group you could ask about a scooter....you may be able to get one for free or inexpensively.

Ahorsesoul likes this.