Fantastic Friday 6.8.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jun 8, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's the LAST day of school for this teacher! Bring on summer! Heading in for in-service today. The morning will start with a retirement breakfast for our retiring teachers. I made Apple Butter Bars to share. They are pretty good.

My classroom is pretty packed up, so not much to do on that part. Of course, there is always organizing to do. I finished all of my required evaluations and had my meeting, so I don't have to do that today. I ended up with several distinguished ratings and proficient ratings. After school scores are added (for kids I don't even teach!), I will end up being proficient for the year. The principal is changing staff around, so lots of uneasy feelings for most people today. I'm not being moved by admin, of that I am sure. ;) My team is pretty solid teaching wise.

I went to the high school graduation of the kiddos that I taught twice on Wednesday night....going to a grad party for one of them tonight. It will be nice to catch up with the kids and hear their plans.

I better get moving along....starting earlier than usual today. Get out earlier too! Then I have a hair appointment.

Peace and blessings,
    L

luludou likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lisa, glad to see you posting! Bring your summer on.

Yesterday was hot---96! Have I said before that I DO not complain about the cold. Unless we are like in single digits or below 0 for awhile. I love the 70s low 80s but seems we don't really get a spring spring anymore.

Got off about 3:45 last night and I should today too. Didn't do much. Ate and then deer looking. Saw several.

We are doing mom a surprise party on Sunday at Kims. (older sister) Kids will swim.

Suppose I better go do hair and feed fish.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Yay Lisa! enjoy your last day of school. woke up at 5:00 and then 7:45, nice to sleep in. a nice sunny day here today. havec cut / color at noon. have a few things on my to-do list too.

Later

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Quiet day today - I think I lifted a few too many boxes this week and my back is killing me. Have a great weekend, everyone!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning. More errands today, plus phone calls. Trying to rob Peter to pay Paul. Lord, will it ever stop? Lord, will I ever learn?

Lisa, so glad this is your last day. It's been a long time coming.
    Lucie, your cut and color will keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a while. Praise the Lord.
    Lana, we get your weather a day or so after you. Yesterday was brutal!
    Pamela, I empathize your back trouble. Getting in and out of the car a lot did me in yesterday!

Better get started on my day. Have a good one!

luludou likes this.
  7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's a sunny day in the 80's.

Just got back from dropping books at the library - and taking more of course -, getting my meds and going to Staples. A pretty good start for the day. Not to mention the laundry. A good start for the day. Going to try to work on my room, go through some clothes and hopefully get my backyard swing finished so I can relax later with a good book.

Lisa - Whoopie! So glad the school year is over for you
    Pam - hope it all works out
    Pamela - rest up your back today!
    Lana - 96 is indeed hot!
    Lucie - enjoy the beauty parlor pampering

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. DD is officially on vacation from both jobs. She will spend the day today with her kiddoes. Tomorrow morning she will head out on her motorcycle with a friend on hers, to be gone almost 2 weeks. The friend has her mother's ashes to take home to be buried, and DD doesn't want her to go alone. They will visit several national parks on their way to OK, stopping to see DD's son & brother. I, of course, will worry the entire time.

DD and I went for mani/pedis. I found some pretty glittery aqua nail polish that is a perfect match for the colored patch in my hair. (The teal hair dye has settled into a pretty aqua.) This is really putting me out of my comfort zone since I have only ever used various shades of pink or red nail polish, and never have I outrageously dyed my hair - and I almost feel naughty. Haha.

I plan to spend the day doing needlework, and I'm ready to get started. Have a great day everyone!

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got home by 9:30 from work last night. Not sure what was different but I hope it continues. I got to work around 6:30 and most of my stuff was on a pallet near my "houses". Wish that would happen every night. I still checked the other pallets and only found one more box of pasta and later on found a box of pizza crust. I went out to see what I needed and then loaded a cart and started stocking well before the store closed. The only problem with that is that people are still shopping so I may have to go back through and stock some things after closing. Better though to have to stock a couple things than everything. I would rather be ahead.

I had to take another migraine pill last night. I feel good this morning though, slept in until almost 7. I have a list of things to do today and into tomorrow. May go to the beach later or the pool. Our friends are getting their household goods tomorrow so I may end up having their kids again. I'm hoping only the older two so I can work on homework. We'll see. It's a beautiful sunny day right now.

Lisa- Yay for the last day of school!
    Lana- The surprise party sounds fun! I always wanted one as weird as that sounds. LOL
    Hi Lucie!
    Pamela- Hope your back feels better, definitely rest today.
    Pam- Thinking of you, hope today is better!
    Debbie- I'm heading to the library too, but not taking more books. I have a few on my Nook right now that are going to expire that I haven't had time to read.
    Deb- The polish will look great with your awesome hair!

Enjoy your day!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon got my hair cut and colored after work . going to pick up my grandson for my son he has to work a little late. they are going to kings dominion tomo. pizza for dinner. have agood nite

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

back from the cut and color and I'm not sure it got me out of trouble Pam ;)

Washed the deck, washed chairs & swept gazebo. dh left a message on the answering machine when I got home saying his cousin + wife will be coming over tonight... so that means I better get a move on instead of sitting outside in the sun! Emptied dishwasher, vaccumed kitchen, LR, kitchenette, bathroom & hallway and some of the basement. put out some ant-stuff.. yuck... saw 4-5 little critters this morning. will need to pick up bathroom at some point before they get here. dd went to climb a mountain this morning and had lunch at the summit. she is now lying in the sun. Need to go get clothes off the clothesline and figure out something quick for supper. Have prepped stuff for the wedding tomorrow - it's all over the bed, I need to pack it up now.
    Just now decided no time for the groceries so we'll be living off the fridge next week.
    Wanted to knit a little this afternoon but it'll have to wait... upcoming weekends are full too! I guess I'll just have to take more vacations ;)

12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Please pray ladies, DD28 is confronting fiance about a repeating issue. She did say she has a place to stay if things go badly. I think she is on the verge of calling the whole thing off. Fiance is living as a single guy doing what he wants and tells her he will not be her "yes man". I think he is a spoiled brat. I may be running to St Paul in the morning to pick up the pieces.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Praying Jody!

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Just heard from DD28 she said situation did not turn into what she thought it would. She sees it as he is trying to change. I don't. She is choosing to stay in this relationship she has to deal with it. It is so hard as her mom to walk through this with her. Thankful I can pray for her.

Thank you all for your prayers on her behalf.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A quiet Saturday morning here, DS is in Sydney with his racing team and DH is at the farm. I am meant to be deep cleaning the loungeroom . Will get to it soon. Do not want to waste a holiday weekend, we won't get another one until October!!!!
    Have to try very hard to get back into a routine of being at home and waking up to grey, rainy skies does not help, could easily climb back into bed and nap for a few more hours.

Hoping that all of you that are having problems will find the solutions very soon,

Much love,

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

Jody- Thinking of you and DD!

I went grocery shopping this morning and then came home and relaxed for a bit. I made the kids eat and then we got ready to head to the pool. We ran to my friend's house so her DD could change and I asked if her son wanted to come as well. We finally got back in the car. I had a couple errands to run before we headed to the pool. I got my exchanges for Stitch Fix dropped off at UPS (box was a winner this time, kept everything just needed a smaller size in two items), then picked up my refill prescriptions and ran by the library. Got to the pool on Wheeler only to find out it was at capacity, so we could either wait a while or leave. We left and came to the pool on Schofield that is $2 each. We stayed for a couple hours. Dropped the other two back at their house and then came home so mine could change and they walked back over to hang out.

I'm currently at home alone, debating on closing my eyes for a few. Friend just called and invited us to dinner or offered to keep our kids so we could go out to dinner before work. Tried to call DH to ask but no answer. Go figure. So I texted, we'll see if he answers that.

17. teachermomof2

Jody...thinking of you and dd.