Favorite Christmas apps...

Discussion in 'Christmas Notebooks' started by mrahoffman, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mrahoffman

mrahoffman New Member

what are YOURS and does anyone know of an app for Christmas Card lists (sent/received)? Thank you.

2. sloanmama

sloanmama New Member

I haven't seen one for cards... but I have one (and there are SEVERAL) for gift lists. The one I have allows me to enter a budget for each person I'm buying for and deducts from my budget for each person with every gift I enter as a purchase. I also keep a list written on an envelope for each person (I like handwritten things... I don't know what it is about it). As I make a purchase, I slip the receipt in the envelope in case I need it for later.

3. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Don't have one for Christmas cards specifically or anything holiday themed (other than screensavers) but I use the following on iPhone for my Christmas shopping:

1. Grocery IQ -- probably my most used app. I keep all my lists in there: grocery, online orders, books to read, movies to watch, travel supplies to get, emergency prep items to stock up on, ..... maybe Christmas cards I have received?? :)

2. Red Laser - for comparison shopping

3. Game Stop - for game reviews before I buy them

4. Mall Maps - so I can get through malls fast.

5. Evernote - I take a photo of things I'm considering, along with its price tag/label.

Primary Christmas lists I keep in Excel and have it backed up.

4. DawnSu

DawnSu Member

Now that I have iPhone,am interested in what apps u use so I can keep up more, since I am on the go sooo much with mother & now dd...

5. DebbiGall

DebbiGall Santa's Elves

I have an awesome app on my iphone called santas bag I LOVE IT!
    everything you need to collect and budget all those ideals for gifts that pop up!

6. candysprinkles

candysprinkles New Member

I got a new one last season that is a fireplace with music. I will have to check on the name. We had another post that had some other apps listed in it, also. If I can find that one, I'll add it here so they will be linked together for future reference. :)

7. candysprinkles

candysprinkles New Member

8. zchristy

zchristy Santa's Elves

9. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I have a smart phone for the first time this year as well. I'll go check them out.

10. kakelady

kakelady New Member

I have aa app I have used for a couple years.. allows pictures.. has budgets.. shipping recieveing.. I love it! its called the Christmas list.. I think it did cost .99 .. but I think its worth it.. like having my binder on my phone..

11. farmerswife

farmerswife Active Member

Kakelady, That's the one I've been using for a few years now as well. Love it!

~ Farmerswife

12. mrahoffman

mrahoffman New Member

Bumping this up...Thank you all

13. Eaglesax

Eaglesax Member

I use "Gifted", it allows for multiple events. you can also keep up with all gifts for individuals and of course has budgets

14. Eaglesax

Eaglesax Member

Just did a quick search and found "Holiday Cards Tracker" for iphone ($2.99). Haven't tried it but look interesting. There's also one for .99 called Christmas Card list....no reviews

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  15. Cindylouwho

Christmas Apps 2015?

Hi all ~
    So those of you that are into technology - what apps are you using for Christmas this year? I wrote a note to myself last year that this year I was going to use an app for my shopping instead of just my trusty Excel spreadsheet (because apparently I'm forgetting what I have already purchased when I'm in the store.). I'll still keep the Excel list as my "master" list but this past summer I looked up my options on apps.

For gifts:
    I'm going with Santa's Bag.
    (Alternative options were: M Gifts, Better Christmas List, and The Christmas List).

For Cooking:
    Paprika - but this is only to pull the shopping lists quickly. When it comes to recipes I really like my own, hardcopy, recipe binder (made from a big red photo album). Only my trusted favorites go in there.

Anyone else using apps this year?

16. Cindylouwho

Oops! Didn't mean to resurrect an old thread. Re-posting to a new one as this one is probably all out of date now.