February 2008 Rudy day ....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
so "watcha y'all doin'?"

I plan to continue making photocopies (and place in sheet protectors) of the printouts for the Christmas Notebooks for my Aunts and other family members!!

I am hoping I will be done with reorganizing my bedroom, which houses the gift closet so I can assign all of the "gifts" into gifting and crafting categories!!

And of course make the "To die for Crockpot roast" in the TTR recipe list!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Well, I wasn't too productive for January's Rudy Day, so hopefully I will bbe able to celebrate better this month!

I hope to:
[] begin reorganizing Christmas Notebook (ie get caught up on zchristy's challenge in another thread)
[] purchase 2-3 things for Operation Christmas CHild shoeboxes
[] make eggnog milkshakes
[] plan out Rudy Days for the rest of the year

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, here goes:
[*]Work on notebook
[*]Find gag gifts for teenagers
[*]Make a rudy-day tote and add: Xmas music, xmas movies, xmas notebook, xmas pen, xmas stickers
[*]Work on crafts
[*]Put on Christmas music with hot chocolat & marshmallows
[*]Figure out the cost of last Christmas
[*]Prepare a folder on the computer with Christmas pictures to print
[*]Elf-mischief list to do

.... looks like I'm gonna be busy!!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
( ) Drink hot coco-(might do this everyday leading up to!!)
( ) Reign in gifts bought so far
( ) Make list of the gifts

Twinkle said:
( ) Drink hot coco-(might do this everyday leading up to!!)
( ) Reign in gifts bought so far
( ) Make list of the gifts

lol I drank some hot cocoa while at work last night before going into the chat room!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Here are my ideas so far. I think I'll make Rudy Day sort of a 'target day' this month -- I have a few things I want to get done and will try to get done by then:

Watch old version of 'The Bishop's Wife' with Loretta Young and Cary Grant on DVR (actually, I may watch it tonight!)
Buy some stocking stuffers (shopping Valentine clearance)
Look for items for my Operation Christmas Child boxes -- category of the month: electronic toys
Place $ in my Rudy Day/Christmas fund envelope
Work on Christmas notebook
Print out photos from Christmas 2007 for scrapbook
Decide on/make new recipe and keep working on recipe notebook
Inventory Gift closet
FINALLY put silk poinsettias away from planter on front porch (blush).

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Here's my Fun List!

:rudolph: :rudolph: :rudolph:

{ } Go over address book for cards
{ } Review Christmas Notebook
{ } Make a craft for a gift
{ } Listen to Christmas music
{ } Try out a recipe for the holidays
{ } Add to Holiday Family Favorites Recipe Notebook
{ } Wrap gifts
{ } See how much last Christmas cost

::eek:rnament: ::eek:rnament: ::eek:rnament: ::eek:rnament:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oooohh, jampss, you are so much braver than I! I have all my receipts except groceries, but I can't bear to add them all up yet! I may never add them up! Self-delusion is so much more comfortable for me. . . ::eek:rnament:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ah ha ha haa

Yes, sometimes I like that 'state', too!

Oh, I just used the handy dandy buget form at O.C. and I kept a bit of a running list about the cost ... so it's just a bit of number looking at to see how we did ... it really was ok, so I won't be shocked or anything ... just like to get a ballpark figure. :) The Christmas Notebook is soooooooooo handy and helpful!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I will have to have my Rudy Day the day before (Rudy Day Eve). I'll be working both full-time and part-time job on the 25th. I really don't have a clue of what I should do. Maybe I'll spend the 'Eve' shopping for stocking gifts. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I have six nieces and nephews to shop for so the earlier I can get started the better.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, I am going to try once again to get my year's Rudy Day projects planned out. So, if I get my laundry and housework done over the weekend before, here's what I'd like to do:

*Go to the library and get a few books to pick projects from
*make a copy of each project directions and supply lists
*Decide which project I'll do for which month and note in my Christmas notebook in the appropiate month's section
*Make one of the recipes-probably the crockpot roast.
*Pick up at least one stocking stuffer per person
*Watch a Christmas movie-maybe Christmas Vacation, because I never watched it over the holidays, for some weird reason...that's usually the first one I watch
*Have a Spiced Pumpkin Latte-I have just enough spiced pumpkin creamer left to do this!

That's a good list!
:rudolph:

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Hopefully I'll get this right , what i want to get done is :
Start making my center pieces for Christmas
Get my list together so I can get my cards done early
Write down the recipies for the Easter dinner suggestions
Read the book suggested
Have a large cup of hot cocco w/ baby marshmallows

Did I do it right ?

Well since I already made the roast and the pudding recipes I have the turkey breast one left. I used up the ones I had in the freezer over the holidays so I am hoping to catch it on sale somewhere this week,if not I will have to hope to get it in time for Turkey day.

I also might be able to complete my photocopies over the weekend at work since I am working 6 hours tomorrow night, 7 Saturday, and 6 again on Sunday. I'll just bring my little copier with me to the gym and copy away...lol.

Which leaves me to my gift closet for Rudy day...yeah!!!

Four more days everyone!!!

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I think I'll work on my Family Christmas Tree ornaments. The photos came down off the fridge last week and I put the small ones in the ornament frames that I bought for that purpose. Now I need to decide what type of frames I could make to accomodate the larger pictures and still not clash with the store bought frames.

I may start signing my Christmas cards too. They are sitting in the corner just waiting patiently for some attention. ::eek:rnament:

Zend

Retire Member
Feb 2, 2008
Well here is my list for Rudolph Day:-

Work on Christmas notebook.
Knit dolls clothes for my neighbours little girl (everything has to be pink :bunny: )
I may even start a Christmas cross stitch of mice. I seem to do cross stitch for everyone else but never myself and I have several lovely Christmas ones.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I found my Christmas notebook - in the corner of a shelf above a closet. It is a really nice notebook. It has lots of pages printed out from OrganizedChristmas 2007. They all are put neatly into page protectors. Nothing is written on any of the pages.

Now I have my notebook sitting on the corner of the desk. I wonder what will happen to it this Rudy Day.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
I am going to do the following for my rudy day:
1. Decide on a design for Christmas cards and gather items needed to complete
2. write up february in my monthly letter
3. Add February 2009 to the calendar I am making for next year
4. Update my gift closet
5. Ensure I have enough gift tags to match wrapping paper bought in January sales
6. Decide on the embroidery designs for my DD's christmas cards.

I have also bought 4 christmas CD's ready for next year at a bargain price of £2! (I love a bargain!). DD3 also got a selfridges silver christmas tree for her bedroom at quarter price! The gift closet is going well too! I can't believe how organised I am already! :haha:

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I don't have a Christmas notebook yet. I have the binder and tons of clipping and recipes so this will be a big enough project to assemble all on its own! That's what I'll be working on for Rudy day.