Feel Good Friday, December 6, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Dec 6, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

2. missjane

Hello, everyone. I hope wherever you are and whatever you have to do today, it's a Friday that makes you feel good.

DD26's pinning for finishing her RN degree is at 6:00 tonight. A lot of DSIL's family are coming for it. I marinated a brisket before I went to bed last night and will put it in the oven before I go to work. I'm taking off at 1:00 today so I can make a few things to take. I need to find one of my tea dispensers that sit on a stand. I have two sizes...2 1/2 gallon and 1 1/2 gallon. She wants to use the smaller ones.

It's raining here right now, but is supposed to move out quickly. High of 70 today.

Hope you all have a great day!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

I will be going down to the church to decorate my table for the tea this afternoon. I have to wash up my tea cups that will be the favors. I think I have pretty much everything together. I know I will forget something. I usually do. Remember, I am the weirdo that forgot to make dressing at Thanksgiving. I borrowed a 'nativity' statue from DD.

I think I will take Sunday off and not plan anything to do. Monday, I have Bible study, and after that I will pick up MJ's DGS to help me bring my Christmas stuff home. Then I will begin the decorating and wrapping. I think I am gonna give a little money to the ones I cannot find the gift cards for. And I need to get a chicken and frozen noodles to make for DD's in-laws for Sunday. I have not had time to do any grocery shopping. Nor the money. Yet, anyway.

My neighbor, John, and I went to a Thai restaurant last night for dinner. It was good and not spicy at all. For dessert, he ordered ice cream on purple rice. It was fantastic! Loved it. The restaurant was not busy and was quiet. It was very pleasant. Then we came back here and talked and watched t.v. He left about 9, because he had to go to Walmart. I was tired and wanted to go to bed.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Today, not so much. I need to get busy. Those blasted tea cups will not wash themselves! Lol. Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Hi, Jane! Congratulations to your DD on her pinning! She will always have a job for life, that's for sure.

missjane likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Tonight is the Ball! I also finally go to the chiropractor this morning so hopefully I can get my neck adjusted and these headaches will go away. I had a slight one yesterday, nothing like it has been. I can feel a slight one this morning now that i'm sitting on the couch. It's all my neck. Turning a certain way can bring it on, sitting a certain way, etc. So irritating. I made a doctor appointment for next Thursday and am going to talk to her about it and maybe ask for x-rays to make sure there isn't anything actually messed up in my neck that can be seen that way because it's definitely getting worse.

This morning after the chiropractor I have to run on base and pick up some refill meds and i'm going to run by my friends house. I haven't seen her in a bit and I talked to her yesterday and she's having a rough time with some family drama back on the mainland. Plus I want to see my favorite 3 year old. I need to run by the Commissary and pick up dog food as well. I may run by Volkswagon on my way home and try to make the appointment for my ceramic coating. I've called twice this week and never gotten a call back and i'm a little frustrated. She assured me someone would call me back yesterday and nothing. I need to paint my nails and pack for our overnight in the hotel. Maybe i'll take my polish and see if my friend will help me paint my nails.

Jody- I'm glad your mom got looked at and glad it is not a fracture. Can she take Ibuprofen?
    Jane- Congratulations to DD!
    Pam- I'm sure your table will be beautiful. Sounds like a nice evening.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good A.M.

Jane, congrats to DD!

Pam, we were 60 yesterday and 40s today.

Last night mom, Allen and I went to Mt. Vernon about 7 to get stuff for candy/cookies. Ate at Steak and Shake and got home about 11 or after. Sacks are everywhere and I have to clean areas before I start.

Had a H--- of a time getting pictures at Wal-Mart. When I ordered I paid and all was okay and then they said they didnt have the copyright so finally my photograher (bless her heart) texted me a copy and I talked to the manager and got them last night and didn't have to go back today. BUT wait...... didn't have enough of the family pictures for cards (guess I screwed up ordering so...) so I placed another order now and they should be ready later today.

I have given out 9 early Christmas gifts and they were very well received. I LOVED my last year. I have had two porch drop offs and hoping they have received them and not somebody else helping themselves. We get packages left at the front door and we never use it so I try to look at it when coming in and out of the drive if I know something is to come. But stuff has set there a few days when I check the amazon order. LOL

I gotta get moving have a GREAT day. Teigan is out at 2:15 today and she wants to help make candy and cookies. So much going on this week-end I wish we had her but its Ryans week-end. Santas at 2 different places with activities, great nieces b'day party at a gym with tramp and all and making the treats. I love that he takes and sees her but..... Always something going on this time of year.

Have a GREAT day!

missjane likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

For those of you that don't have Carrie (cmerth) on Facebook, she had a surgery a couple days ago, went home only to find out there were complications and is now back in the hospital having had another surgery with several more surgeries ahead of her. Her recovery is probably now more like a year instead of 4-6 weeks. She has a long road ahead of her. Please keep her in your thoughts. I have sent her husband a message on Facebook asking for their mailing address. As soon as I hear back I will be happy to pass it along to anyone that is interested in sending her a card.

luludou, teachermomof2 and PamelaG like this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

I would like her address, please. Everyone has been so kind to me, I would love to pass it on.

MrsSoup likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. Day 2 of gorgeous sunny weather, after lovely rain on Wednesday.

I'm sitting with neighbor today. So glad she is still sleeping. She was very belligerent on Wednesday, convinced that her son who is almost my age was still a little boy...and she was upset that she couldn't find him. Of course she was also lost in the house since it wasn't where she lived all those years ago. Sometimes I definitely feel under-qualified to sit with her.

I took DH with me to run errands yesterday. I avoid the freeway traffic and opt for city streets, or "scenic routes" as I like to call them. Took him to some places he hasn't been - the post office to drop off cards, and we cruised around a huge outside shopping area to find an eatery that appealed to him. He decided on Dickies Barbecue, the outside courtyard was lined with date palm trees. I've never seen them before - had to Google it - with HUGE bunches of dates hanging below the palm fronds. Interesting. A man approached me selling fresh hot tamales, and I bought a bag for DH. Later DD told me they might be a little TOO good, and she wouldn't trust anyone. DH ate 3 of them for dinner and he didn't act weird, so I guess they were ok. But I won't be doing that again.

I need to shop for groceries - and a bunch of gift cards - this afternoon and do some clutter control in the bedroom. Have a good day.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, please send her address. Can you ask him if there is anything else we can send, gift card for a local eatery so a meal is just a quick pick up or maybe an Amazon card so she can add some things to her Kindle or iPad if she has one, anything that can be sent to the house? I never know about flowers, some people like them, others don't.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Busy day at work as they are when I'm off the day before. We had a huge rally to talk about grief resources that are available, have a moment of silence, and then take a group photo and video to send to our Pearl Harbor family. This was a spur of the moment thing yesterday afternoon and everyone was encouraged to wear an Aloha shirt. One of the project superintendents hit every Goodwill in about five towns last night and bought up all the Aloha shirts he could find and was passing them out to anyone who didn't have one. I can't wait to see the photo and I hope it brings some comfort to our Pearl family to know we stand beside them. We have staff who are in Pensacola as well but they are all safe. Such dreadful news and I see reports that this was an aviation student from the Middle East and they are checking for terrorist links.

Busy schedule at home tonight for the tea tomorrow. One of my co-workers bailed today, she has something else to do, ugh, really? There are two friends who have responded to events on Facebook but I can't see them on my Blackberry so I'm hoping that is two more Can't Attend or I'm really going to have a lot of leftovers. I need to finish a little bit of decorating, wash the holiday dishes that I am using and set up the buffet area and dessert table. Tomorrow will be scone baking and sandwich assembling before everyone arrives at 11:30am. Saturday evening is the Lights and Chimes event in our town and I have a Holiday Favorites concert to go to on Sunday. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Congratulations to your daughter, Jane, does she have a specialty?
    Keep us posted on Carrie, Jess, and we'll make her days a little brighter.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    .It is early, I have an 8am training session even though the competition for tomorrow has been cancelled. May as well still train.
    Will come home and do a few things here and grab a nap.

Will speak soon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Jessica....please do share Carrie's address with me.
    Jane....congrats to your DD! I'm sure you are so proud of her!

It's gray and windy here today, but 41*. Long day at school....we run on an altered schedule on Fridays and today just seemed to drag on. It was the student teacher's last day for the semester today, so I'll be on my own until mid January. It will be good for my students and me.

I stayed late to get things prepped for the sub on Monday. I'm off to go Christmas shopping with J. Can't wait! Busy weekend ahead here.... bridal shower tomorrow, starting Christmas baking and then the usual Sunday running around. My Christmas cards came today, so I'd like to get them addressed and mailed out this week.

I have a Carnitas pork roast in the slow cooker for tacos tonight. We'll have cheesy rice and corn on the side.
    J is hunting. He should be home soon....it's getting darker by the minute.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Have a blessed night!

missjane likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I have not yet received a reply from her husband so I messaged Carried directly since she seems to pop onto FB here and there. I will let everyone know when I get an address!

I went to the chiropractor and got adjusted, grabbed coffee and my refill meds and then went to my friends house and visited for a few hours. She painted my nails but I already need to touch up a few of the tips. I stopped at the Commissary and picked up dog food and came home. We have all our stuff packed and i'm getting ready to go get Eli. I will run by Target after I grab him and pick up bobby pins and look quickly for a pretty hair clip. DH had to run down to the hotel and drop off his big ordinance crest to be used in the photo backdrop. When he gets home we'll leave i'm sure.

Later friends!

15. MrsSoup

I just received Carrie's address and sent it to those that requested. If I missed someone please let me know and if anyone else would like it please message me! I won't be on tonight but will be tomorrow.

16. Pam Spaur

Yes, Jess, I would like Carrie's address. I only have her old one. Thank you.

MrsSoup likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I’d be glad to send her a card.

MrsSoup likes this.
  18. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Weather has been cooperating and it's been a busy to days.

Had a lovely lunch with an old work friend on Wednesday at our favorite Italian restaurant. Inge is in her mid-80's and this is the first time she's asked me to leave her off at the restaurant and then find a parking place. He back has been bad for a while but it is hard to watch friends age.

Today I went into the city, met DS for some delicious hot chocolate and then has lunch with another old friend (since we were 14). Got really sleepy on the RR ride home so when I got home i "napped" for about 2 1/2 hours. Missed dinner. Doing nothing for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow I need to really have my own wrapping party - and Sunday is DH's birthday so we may head out for an early dinner.

Jody - sometimes it is so difficult to deal with parents. You are doing as you should.
    Jess - Hav e a great time at the ball! Can't wait to see pictures of you and Chad
    Pam - have fun decorating
    Pamela - enjoy tea with our friends
    Deb - Dickie's BBQ is pretty good as I remember....
    Katrina - glad you got some good buys
    Lana - you have a big weekend ahead of you
    Lisa - you seem to have everything under control!
    Jane - congrats to DD!

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, back from training, it was a good one.
    Went to mum's and had prawns and salad for lunch and strawberry milk. Did not know what I felt like.
    Home and the house is full of leaves, looks like we had a brisk wind come through the open doors, so even though I swept yesterday I will be sweeping again.

Will unpack from training and then that nap.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

Pamela, she doesn't have a specialty. She has been hired by a hospital she was working part-time in, in the telemetry unit. She will start January 5th. They're also paying off $10,000 of her student loans. if she works at the hospital 2 years.

Thanks, everyone for the congratulations!

Jess, I would like Carrie's address, please.