Final Day of August--31st, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Summer is over!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have noticed this week getting stuffy etc and late yesterday afternoon got into a sneezing fit and watery eyes. Woke up about 4 nose is running loose and feels like drainage to my stomach etc... No fever it is 97.4 but feel hot. Hoping it won't be all week-end since I have 3 days off.

Made cookies last night so have a bag for Ryan and Jaymee to take to work and a few for me to take. Also Allen made the ranch cheeseball for me to take to work. Remember Belle that use to post here--her recipe.

I should get off between 3:30 and 4 and thought of going to see Aunt Im but will see. I don't want to take anything into the unit.

Teigan gets off at 2:15 and Allen will take her to Centralia to see some animals at a store and Greg will meet him there.

I better go get some bills wrote out for Aunt Imogene.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Lana and all to follow. 10C here this morning - a bit frisky

I remember Belle and miss her. Slept better last night, must be all the stress with the interviews being over.
    Gym this morning. Got the list of exercise classes at work for september... not much is interesting for me this season! They have cut back on alot of classes. I guess I'll continue in the morning and the girls here want to start walking twice a week at noon.
    DS & girlfriend with cat came to sleep last night - baseball game. They want to visit another house on Monday, dh is not happy... expensive and waaaay too big if you ask us.

Have a great day

4. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Sounds like everyone has busy days ahead of them.

I have been up "being busy"... not sure how much I have actually gotten done though. Hubby is suppose to be home early today. We are going to be "laboring" for Labor Day weekend. Maybe we can make a large dent in our yard. Temps are suppose to be almost perfect.

I fed the birds and the squirrels already this morning . Need to remember to put out the suet. The birds have been emptying the feeders like crazy. They are keeping me hopping. I love to watch them interact and eat at the feeders. Saw a goldfinch yesterday... should start seeing more of those in the coming weeks. Need to get another hook so I can hang more feeders this winter.

Hope everyone has a great day... Good-bye August (it was a good month).

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I ran out to Petsmart yesterday and had a very helpful lady answer my questions. She gave me some snails for the tank (free because they don't sell them) and then I picked up some betta water. I priced some larger tanks and came home to the couch where I stayed the rest of the day. I did some schoolwork and watched a Netflix movie that was very good, To All the Boys I Loved Before or something like that. The kids got home from school and then I took DS to his dentist appointment. DH got home while I was gone and took DD and Eli and went to Petsmart to get a bigger tank. DD ended up getting a 10 gallon tank because it was the same price as a 5 gallon. She also picked up more fake plants and a live plant and then had to get gravel and a net. She spent all her money to the tune of $65. It is a nice tank and i'm glad to see that she loves her fish. DH actually bought the two fake plants for her.

DS and I met them at BWW for dinner. Lucky for him his numbness started to wear off so he was able to eat. I was going to leave him at home but upon arriving at the house we realized that I didn't grab my house keys so we couldn't get in. We came home and started setting up the new tank so it will be ready for Blue the Betta this evening. In the meantime, I had put out water for his old tank the night before so it was ready so we moved him to the pitcher just to get him out of the old dirty tank because it was really dirty. I think he will love his new home with much more room to swim. We'll have to get him some toys. They say betta are one of the smarter fish and will play and can be trained to do some tricks. Interesting.

I feel better today, slight headache and still tired but i'm heading off to get a facial this morning instead of a massage for the month. The massage therapists were all booked so I opted to try a facial. My friend swears by facials and doesn't like the massages much. We'll see. I think i'll still stick with my massages but don't mind trying the facial since I couldn't get in for the massage. DH is off today for the holiday weekend so we'll do something afterward.

Jane- So glad that you are officially done with the bakery. While I do feel like that kind of work would suit you, I don't feel like that particular bakery was right for you.
    Lana- Hope your symptoms pass quickly!
    Lucie- Walking will be nice!
    Carrie- I need to get more bird food as well. When I was filling our feeder, it would be empty in a matter of hours. They even knocked it off the hook one time. I had a bird get its head stuck inside the feeder twice one day trying to get some of the food that was stuck in the middle. I had to go out and pull it out.

Enjoy your day!

6. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Mrs. Soup... the bird got stuck twice. Wow!!

I wish I could figure out how to post a picture here (I tried but the image was too big). A Cooper's hawk came to our yard this morning. He was chasing the squirrels around. It was kinda freaky. I took lot of picture of him with my telephoto lens. He came back later and was chewing something and then water came out of his mouth. Don't know what he was doing?? :eek:

My housework schedule is all off because of flying around taking pictures of that hawk. I need to be back and get things done before Hubby gets home. Just had to share the news with you all.

MrsSoup likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Everyone!

We are suffering from the 3 H's: HOT, HAZY, AND HUMID. UGH! And it will be thru next week.

Have arrangements with Jay to go see Brysen. DGD called last night and we talked for a while. Brysen got back up to his birth weight and even surpassed it. Little porker. Love him to pieces.

Did my banking and two errands, and I am tired. My back hurts, of course. I am going to rest for a bit, then more errands. Tomorrow MJ and I have a 90th birthday party to go to, and Sunday is church, then to Jay's, then to see Brysen. Oh yeah, the other people, too. I will spend the night at Jay's and come home mid Monday morning! Whew! If I feel up to it, I might make some washcloths for B.

Stay cool and take it easy in this heat. Love and prayers to all of you.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! went out and got the white felt I needed to finish making felt ice cream cones (Halloween costume), got a sandwich at the grocery store with a bottle of water and ate outside. Chatted for a while with a cw.
    Won't be on here this weekend as we are going to my parent's house for the funerals tomorrow (aunt & uncle). We will be back Sunday night. Monday is a national Holiday (yikes! that means dh will be at home as well as ds & his girlfriend & cat).. there goes MY Monday ;) Supposed to be a hot weekend anyhow.
    Craving Fall

Later

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am off work today and Sunday and then work Monday and Wednesday will be .my final day. I am ready. Wednesday is cleaning up the beach and putting away inventory. We will head to SD to surprise family with a visit Dgd 5 is having a birthday party on Saturday.

Today, I am putting clutter in a basket and getting guest room and bathroom ready for DS26's guest. DH and I will celebrate our anniversary Saturday (39 years) and DH's (67) birthday on Sunday. We are doing dinner at Texas Roadhouse Saturday night.

Need to move. TTYL

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Afternoon friends!

It's another hot, humid day here. It down poured once, but it looks like it will happen again soon, as things are clouding up again.

I got up early with M and saw her off to school. Then I went back to bed and slept for another hour. It was nice. I vac'd, made beds, cleaned the leaves off the porch and ran the dishwasher this morning. Then, J and I went shopping and out to lunch. I used a gc at Michael's for some new Happy Planner stickers. I bought a new pair of dress heels today, for a wedding next month. I stopped at Dress Barn, but their sale wasn't impressive. We also went to Lowe's for shelf brackets for the shelves J is adding to the den....I've been waiting 8 years.....lol....and finally we are almost to completion! ;) We looked at flooring too. I'm hoping to do new floors within the next 2 years.

M and J went to do the cat sitting chores and check the garden at the farm, so it's quiet. :) I'm working on laundry and other little things around the house. 2 weeks back to work and things get out of order so quickly.

Lots going on around here this weekend. There's an Ethnic festival in town. Our former church is now open as a cultural center, so I'd like to check that out at some point. I think we're going to visit the farmer's market tomorrow morning, then go to the arts center festival and check it out. Then who knows?! We should work on some tasks here at home.

Jane....glad you stepped back from the bakery. I love the idea of ac, but that is out of the budget for me. Somehow the LS rooms have ac because it's a law, but reg. ed doesn't get them. SMH

Happy Friday~ love and blessings~

11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Chores are done. I will be going to DD33’s school in about 1/2 an hour. I am her model for her to practice facials and a back treatment. Should be fun.:)

12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. I made overnight oats last night for DH's and my breakfast - it was good. Thank you Lucie for the inspiration. Dgd wants some too, so I'll make more tonight.

I sat with my neighbor this morning. We watched part of the funeral for Aretha Franklin. I got home to dsil deep cleaning, so dh & I were banished to our bedroom. No problem - I fixed lunch and we had a little bedroom picnic. I'm sitting here now in front of TV falling asleep, so I think I'll move to the bed for a bit of a nap.

Can you believe tomorrow is September already? Have a good evening.

luludou likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My facial this morning was nice. I had to stick my head in a light box and look in a mirror inside. She looked through the other side and could see my face as well. I had ten times more freckles than I normally do inside that box. It was crazy. She asked me what my main concerns were and I said dryness and aging. So she did the anti-aging facial on me. I will say my skin looked and felt great afterwards. She wrote down her recommendations for me from their Murad line. My friend had told me beforehand that the NEX carries the line for about $5 cheaper so I only bought the Hydrator SPF from Massage Envy because I was sure I wanted that and held off on everything else she recommended. She told me that we even get UV rays from our computer screens and cell phones! :eek: I had no idea.

When I got home, DH and I went to the NEX and I bought the cleanser she recommended and the toner, but they didn't have the rejuvenating serum so if I want that i'll have to get it from them. It's the most expensive item at $89, but one of the two that she most recommended I needed of course. I'm going to think on it for a bit because that's pretty pricey. However, i've never had a skin regimen before and never taken care of my skin...ever! I don't even wash my face except in the shower, gross I know. She used something on my lips that was amazing and I don't remember what it was and she didn't write it down so i'll ask next time i'm in.

We had lunch at Chili's and then came home. I was falling asleep in the truck on the way home from lunch. No idea what the heck was up with that. I'm going to warm up a cup of coffee and then get Eli from the bus and check the mail. Then maybe i'll rest my eyes a bit on the couch. DH is napping already.

Lisa- The festival sounds fun!
    Jody- Enjoy your treatments!
    Deb- I need to try overnight oats again. I tried them once and they were okay, but I need to experiment more.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    IT IS SPRING!!
    Started deep cleaning yesterday and managed to finish the dining room. It is looking good. De cluttered, and tidied and organised. At least one room is ready for the Summer.
    Today will be puttering around. I need to make strawberry jam. Picked up strawberries at Aldi for 99cents a punnet and thought it would be nice to make some jam to put in the stockpile cupboard. If I have left overs I will make some strawberry sauce to freeze. Other than that ot too much on the list. An afternoon nap is always nice and I might plan for one.

15. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Friends, please pray for my great grandson. He has been doing some projectile vomiting for the last couple of days, and is dehydrated. He has a lot of air around his tummy. DGD took him to the hospital with his mama. They are running tests, and then will transfer him to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. He is only 2 1/2 weeks old. Poor baby.

16. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Pam... sending up prayers.

17. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good night all!!

Hubby and I made HUGE progress on the back yard tonight. Unfortunately, I took a little "slide" in the mud. I stayed on my feet but tweaked a muscle in my left hip... I don't think I tore anything No one saw me... I tried to act like nothing happened. I came in to clean up supper dishes... bent over and yelped out in pain. Hubby tried rubbing my hip but the pain was too bad... I yelped tons while he tried to find the tweaked muscle. :(

I am sitting in my computer chair and not moving the leg (I can move it if I want) . I guess I am supervising tomorrow's yard projects.

I think it time for an Advil and bed. See you all tomorrow.