Final Late Friday! 6-29-2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning MHH Land!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

This is the last Friday night that the branches will be open at the drive till 6! Next Friday will be 5 like the rest of the week. I work till 6 tonight.

Ended up taking my shower last night. I would think we had at least an inch of rain but havent looked. The way the wind was might not of caught all! A co-worker texted and said she lost a flag and 4 cushions. They had more of it than us. Wondered if computers will be okay at work.

I need to go iron my jeans and t-shirt and move the sewing machine back in here.

Allen has township meeting tonight.

Have a GREAT day ALL!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

The last Friday in June - it's just a few short months until there will be a moving truck in our driveway loading up our household goods.

Costco and the commissary yesterday, unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, made cupcakes, took out the trash and recycling, watched some Pretty Neat Living, paid all the bills, and did some other financial wizardry, quite a busy day. I'm off to pick up prescriptions this morning, take the final moving documents to be uploaded to the household goods application, drop a package at UPS, and then home to wait for Vic to get off work so we can go to the British food store for some goodies. We went to Home Depot, Woodcraft, and Lowe's last night for sandpaper - yes, that's THREE different stores but I guess it's no different than me searching for scrapbook supplies. Vic should have all the sandpaper he needs and I anticipate that he will be woodworking in the garage most of the weekend. I will be busy with Christmas in July posts.

Have a great weekend and I'll be back in in July!

4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

It's mine and DH's anniversary today. Nothing special planned. He'll be mowing; I'll be doing the usual things here at home, plus PT at 2:00, and the bakery afterwards to bake whatever is needed for this weekend. A second stove was supposed to have been installed Wednesday after I left, so it should take me only half as long.

It's raining a little north of us, but they say it will dissipate before it gets to us. We're mid-90s every day and only cooling to mid-70s at night, so really hot here. We've been under a heat advisory every day this week. I'm dreading how hot it will be by August!

The town where DD25 goes to college has numerous peach orchards (they have a peach festival every June) and the owner of one of them comes and sells in a parking lot in Winnsboro every Thursday. I bought some yesterday. They are so good! I need to slice them and get them in the freezer while they are at peak quality.

Speaking of the freezer...I cleaned out the freezer Tuesday. There wasn't much to get rid of, but I realized we have a lot of chicken and pork, so I need to not buy those until we use up some of what we have. I cook roast a lot on Sundays because I can put it in the oven before we leave for church and let it cook. If that goes on sale, I need to pick up several. We don't use a lot of hamburger and I just pick that up if we're having hamburgers or something using hamburger meat.

Lucie, good grief!! Thank goodness DD spoke up.
    Lana, it sounds like some really heavy weather around you last night. That's bad about the corn...lost income for the farmers.
    Pamela, I guess that isn't any different than our going to several stores to shop for what we want. lol Sounds like a full day for you.
    Jody, praying you have wisdom to know what to say and that she's receptive to what you say.

Have a great day, everyone!

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I received a surprise gift in the mail today from a MHH friend. A music box with three singing nuns. Made my day very special. Thank you

luludou likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Diedra - what a wonderful gift - such great people here on this site.
    Jane - Happy anniversary!

This morning I went and did yoga on the Dufferin Terrasse in town - free from 8 to 9, must've been 100 people, will see tonight if they post pics on FB.. didn't dare take a picture as some people are really fussy about that. I saw a few things about the passages insolites in Qu├ębec too. will post a picture on FB (can't seem to put it on here from the office). They also planted a tree in front of where I work and it rotates!

Read outside at noon, really nice and hot outside.

missjane likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had to train my temporary replacement at work last night. When I went to show her the items in the aisles, all the pasta was gone, the shelves were completely empty! No one bothered to communicate with me...again, so I couldn't even tell her what was going on. I had to go outside and call someone to find out because I get no reception in the Commissary. Come to find out another product brought bugs in (weavels) and they started eating the other pastas and rice, so they had to clear it all out and rice on the backside of the shelving in the next aisle. We weren't allowed to stock anything last night. Fine with me, made my night shorter. haha The contractors will refill it from my backstock and then i'll resume stocking tonight.

I go back to the chiropractor this morning to find out what his plan is, not sure if he'll actually do any adjustments today or not. Then I need to go to the post office. I'm almost done with my writing for my presentation so I need to finish that up and then work on recording myself presenting it. It would be great if I could get my test taken today as well. I might see if my friend wants to run over to the Thrift Shop, it's closing until sometime in July after today. I really wish my glasses would come in quickly, my eyes are straining being on the computer with nothing. I guess I could make the screen bigger. My WGU counselor is calling this morning so i'll tell her that i'll be done with the class on Monday and i'll order my transcripts after that. She said as long as they get them within the first week of July I could potentially start on August 1st, if not i'll be fine with starting on September 1st too. She's getting ready to have a baby so will be out for a while.

Enjoy your day!

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I am moving slowly today. It is hot! Hot! Hot! I have been working slowly around here. Just a little bit at a time. When I start to hurting badly, I sit.

I think I am going to sell my Boyd's Bears. I just have no where to put them. And I could use the money. But it is gonna break my heart. Sniff sniff!

Well, back to the kitchen. Wish me luck! Happy anniversary, Jane, to you and DH.

missjane likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's hot here too! 87* for the first time in quite awhile. Looks like tomorrow will be in the 90s. Another busy day here. H and I did my grocery shopping. Then we came home and unpacked, ate lunch and I did bills and some other things. I finished the basket tags, since I bought the ink I needed, and have that ready to go. I rested a bit and watched some tv because I think all the shopping did me in a bit.

Now to figure out dinner. I didn't plan anything because we usually go out, but we went out on Wednesday.

Have a lovely evening! Stay safe in the heat!
    ~peace~

10. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening ladies. Hot here in VA also. So glad its Friday and the weekend. Been a long frustrating month. Hallmark Movies and Mysteri starter Christmas movies today. Fridays as usual face masks and Live PD but may swap it out for a movie. Have a graduation party to go to tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great evening all

teachermomof2 likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Woke up to an empty house. Very quiet. I have no plans for the day so a luxury.
    Will go out with my brother and mum tonight for Thai food. Today would have been my mum and dads 56th anniversary.
    DD and BF were here for dinner last night. A lovely meal. The second time that we have met the BF and he is lovely. He is very gentle and seems to really enjoy DDs company. He is certainly nice to have around.
    DD suggested that she invites my mum to come to Europe with us next year. I personally would prefer just DD and I go but will be OK if mum comes too.
    DD and my mum love each other but there is a huge age gap between them and they enjoy doing different things. I feel I will be caught in the middle a little.
    Any way will see.

Hope that you all have a great evening.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

It's been a very hot and humid day. I was out this morning to water plants. Then I stayed inside. Both the cat and dog has not stayed outside long. The AC has been running constantly so half the time I was in a sweater. lol

DD is still a little depressed that she is no longer in high school. But this will pass in the next month or so once we pass the anniversary of her accident. I told her to write on her Kindle what she found so upsetting so her therapist could read it. Kept her busy most of the day between her naps. Nothing that will really help her but it keeps her busy.

I've been reading in-between doing a little house work. I really need to get back on my Flylady routines. And work on UFOs for a few weeks.

Wishing all a wonderful Weekend.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

So cold here. Going to jump into a warm bath and thaw my feet!
    Going to have to rug up to go out for dinner as it is blowing a gale out there.