Finally Friday, 1-24-20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH FAMILY,

2. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    DH was off yesterday so I didn't get on the computer.
    It's warming up here and we're in for lots of rain and losing all of our snow.
    DD6 woke up sick again (surprise surprise).
    Hope everyone has a great day. It's FRIDAY!!!!! :)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. It's a little warmer here today. Will be in the 40's of course with a chance for rain. Not sure what we'll do today have to pace myself, yesterday was pretty busy for us so don't want to overdo. Woke up with a headache, it's dull now tho.

Hi Pam
    Hi FS pray your DD feels better soon.

Hope everyone has a good day surrounded by loving, kind, respectful folks..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I don't have any appointments or anything today, just packing and getting ready to head to the cabin. We'll come get the kids tomorrow around lunchtime I think and bring them out for the night. Our friends are going to come out tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. We'll take the kids home Sunday afternoon and then stay Sunday night and come back, they have school Monday morning. They can get up and ready and DD can make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to. DS can drop Eli at school.

I need to figure out a menu for while we are there and see what we have already that we can take. I would prefer not to buy a lot of groceries if we don't have to. But there is a Commissary on base there so we'll wait to get things there if need be. I'm so looking forward to coffee on the deck for sunrise in the mornings and just relaxing on the beach and not thinking or worrying about anything. I'm taking my camera so I can take lots of photos of whatever I want. There is wifi so i'll check in as I can.

Hi Pam!
    FS- Hope DD feels better!
    Tricia- Hope your headache goes away!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. I'm sitting with neighbor today. The sun must be sleeping in - it's kinda gray outside. We should get up to 67* this afternoon.

The VA called last night and left a message saying DH's doctor visit next week is cancelled because the doctor quit. His last doctor did the same thing, and it took many months to get this one. It has been over a year and a half since he has been able to see a diabetic doc, and now he gets to wait some more. It seems the medical care for the local veterans is becoming not so good.

I was awake at 3:30 and tossed & turned until 5:30 when my alarm went off. My oatmeal turned to gummy mush before I could eat it - but I ate it anyway. Ugh. It's going to be a long day.

It's time to crochet. Have a nice day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

@MrsSoup
    Enjoy your little vacation.

@GrammaDeb
    I have no personal experience with the VA but from stories I've heard it sickens me the way our Vets are treated.

My headache is a bit better. Now my sinuses want to act up oh well will just have to keep chasing them Hip is acting up some today.

If DH put it on the schedule like he was supposed to be will be taking a personal day Mon. Which makes for another 3 day weekend for him. Trying to schedule him in breaks in his work schedule.

Back to watching youtube.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

They are supposed to refer them out to a civilian if the wait is too long. I would inquire about that, that is beyond unacceptable. I would call a patient advocate and let them know what is happening and they can advise you and get the ball rolling on being referred out.

jampss, Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Dh is already referred out to a civilian podiatrist. It shouldn't be that difficult for them.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  9. MrsSoup

I have vacuumed the couch and pillows, washed all the throw blankets and another load of laundry. I also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, swept the downstairs and picked up some. I got some beach stuff together and have been trying to figure out a meal plan for the weekend. We have a bad habit of buying meat and then letting it sit in the refrigerator until it goes bad without freezing or using it. :rolleyes: So the meat I thought we had to take with us is most likely no longer good. I have also been watching some episodes of the recommended YouTubers. haha Most of them aren't relevant to me at the moment because we don't have those grocery stores and I don't have a Costco membership and most of them don't utilize Sam's Club. Our stores here also don't do grocery delivery for the most part and our Walmart doesn't function as a grocery store and doesn't do grocery pickup service because of that, but it will be relevant when we get back to the mainland. My favorite so far has been Mom's Messy Kitchen because she demonstrates the recipes. I haven't watched Tribe of Many yet.

I just scheduled DD an ortho appointment, her foot is hurting her again and has gone up into her ankle. They can't get her in until the end of February. I need to start packing now I suppose, which won't take me long. I don't plan on taking much. I will go ahead and get Eli a bag packed for tomorrow as well and then do some reading.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I fell asleep in my chair last night. All night. Did not sleep enough, tho.

This will be short. Almost out if juice.

Lousy weather today. I just want to finish the kitchen. Last night, John and I went to Chick Fil A. It was about 9 p.m. We ate at his place. Then his friend came over and I went home. Net my new neighbor yesterday. She has a chihuahua. He is ten yrs old. A yappy dog. Poor baby. He broke his leg several years ago, and it never healed. He is very timid, but she said he will make up with me once he gets to know me. So we have a tapper downstairs. And in my old apartment is a fairly large dog with a deep bark. He could swallow Yappy Dog in one good bite.

Ok, I ran out of juice before I finished my post.

My kitchen is finished! Praise the Lord! I will finish my bathroom in a bit. My back was hurting, and I have to rest in between tasks. It has been raining all day, hence the back issue! Yippee skippy! I am out of milk, but I do NOT feel like going down to Aldi's to get some more! This weather is for the birds, but even they don't like it. Poor little things. And the thundering herd upstairs is still feeding them. I am tired of messing with the bird seeds and him! I wish he would move!

I need to find a smaller coffee table. The one I got from Jay is just too darned big! It really does take up a lot of real estate in my living room. I would like to have one about the size of a small piano bench. And I am itching to sew again! There is a little girl at church, her grandparents are friends, that I want to make some little baby doll blankets for. I have a great niece who is expecting in April. I hope she (the baby is a girl) will be born on my birthday. That would make my birthday perfect. Her first name will be Nova. Yuck. I forget the middle name, but I really liked it. Alexandria, maybe?

Resting for a few, then on to the bathroom. And I also need to gather the trash! So you all stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. girlsinmo

@MrsSoup

Jess these are some we like to watch prepare meals.

Jessica O'Donhue

This is a couple who cook together. We really like watching them.

Mandy in the making

Mandy's husband shares how the meal taste as he eats it. Their son is usually there eating as well but he doesn't like being on camera but he often gives a thumbs up in front of camera.

Housewife Glam Life

Normally gives total of what the meal cost

Jamerrill Stewart

Large family to cook for.

We watched The March For Life Live on YouTube. Now watching our other shows.

MrsSoup likes this.
  12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's gray, wet and 40* here now. Looks like a bit of a warm up and rain will arrive this evening Then more rain tomorrow and snow on Sunday. It's windy, so the real feel is 32*.

TGIF! I'm so glad school is over for the week. Those kids argue over anything from writing tally marks to how they are going home at the end of the day. It's ridiculous. They are testing limits now that the student teacher is back. It's not her, it's just them pushing to see what they can get away with. We had walk throughs yesterday and I'm still waiting for feedback. It was a surprise, which it isn't supposed to be, so it is what it is....

I started laundry when I got home. Next will be dinner prep, then menu planning and grocery list making for tomorrow's shopping trip. H will be home tonight for the weekend, but I'm hoping to squeeze in some quiet time for myself tonight. I am overdone.

Have a blessed evening...home to catch up on the news.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    It is heating up again this week, typical January here. Still a lot of Summer to go.
    Got up and went for a walk. It was only 15 minutes but better than nothing. Will try and go for a quick walk every day even if it is just for 10 or 15 minutes. A friend came over yesterday afternoon and we talked about ways of losing weight. Her and I have been struggling for years although I think that she is pretty trim. We talked about a few strategies that we are going to try and see if they help.
    Not sure what I will do today, DH is at the farm and DS and I finished cleaning his room yesterday so we are ahead of the game. There is always washing and folding to be done. Wouldn't mind going for a walk around the lake later in when it cools down. Will see.
    Will get moving here before it gets too hot,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

busy day at work .. did not sleep much last night. tummy problems at the end of the afternoon so didn't stop for groceries on the way home.

doing some laundry. we have been called to an important meeting on Monday... they will call me if I HAVE to go in .. but don't think so. I know it's another big reorganisation and a few bosses are retiring... yuck! we'll see if it concerns us or not... but there is a web diffusion in the boss's office and the message said if there are any questions to refer to our boss.. we'll see

did a few errands at noon.. got dh some St-Patrick's day suspenders and a kilt :) will be great for Halloween! Bought a few things for crafts too.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Well, it's almost Saturday but I am finally getting a few minutes on the computer. Crazy busy day today. Off work to ran a stack of errands. Made myself a route so I could go from one place to another without backtracking - UPS, Hallmark, Michaels, Bed Bath and Beyond, Panera, Target, Ulta, picked up a sandwich for lunch at Jersey Mike's Subs, Lowe's, picked up Chinese for dinner, and Safeway...all in the pouring rain. My feet and the bottom of my pants were soaked when I got home. Three loads of laundry, vacuumed and mopped, cleared the kitchen counter, labeled and moved the final tote into the Christmas closet, and talked to Vic and Sophia. Now I'm going to do a little computer work and watch a couple of You Tube videos. Looking forward to Rudolph Day tomorrow - starting my morning with the movie, a cup of hot chocolate, and a cinnamon scone. Hope you all have a little something Christmas-y planned for tomorrow. The Rudolph Club task is Tie Up Loose Ends so whiz through the house to see if you left anything out - it's usually a festive guest towel in the bathroom, or a tea towel in the kitchen, or some other little thing that you completely skipped over when you packed everything away for another year. Look up high, or down low, you might find a little something red or green or glittery hiding there!

Hope you're all having restful sleep, except you, Katrina, because I think it's late afternoon where you are!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Nothing much exciting happened Friday. DS16 didn't not have his cleaning job to get up for, but he did get out of bed and moved forward with his day. His shower routine was only an hour instead of the usual two. He did online school homework and gaming. I went to Aldi's, crocheted, and packed for this weekend at my sister's.

MrsSoup Have fun at the cabin!!
    FS Hope the little DD6 will feel better soon.
    GrammaDeb I'm so so sorry to hear that the VA care for your DH is so bad. That is just not right!!! Praying.
    PamS "Swallow yappy dog in one bite ..." LOL
    girlsinmo Ok, I looked up Mandy in the Making ... that looks yummy fun! Watch Red Macaroni recipe video!! I think DS will be making this for a week night dinner!

girlsinmo and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

I used to watch Aunt Fee. She died, though. A lot of swearing in her videos, & it was simple, easy foods & snacks.

girlsinmo likes this.