Finally Friday 4/3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by piratemamaof3boys, Apr 3, 2020.

1. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Good morning and happy Friday

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. piratemamaof3boys

Good morning. Walking the dog before work. I tried to order from Target with my free shipt trial but it won't allow me to proceed I can't click the accept option. Getting Easter candy. Guess I'll keep trying.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. been cleaning and washing clothes. hope everyone has agood day. watched bad boys last nite for the second time.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone. Pretty sunny but chilly day.
    Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. I have a nice dinner planned and all my prep work is done. Will spend my day trying to finish up the masks. Husband will play in the garage. So romantic lol. He is running “ necessary” errands this morning he says. With his mask and gloves on.
    Hope everyone has a pleasant day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Just a heads up with the Shipt trial, if you are going to end up wanting to cancel, do it early. I'm having trouble getting in contact to cancel my trial due to high volume. I hope I can get through in time so I don't get charged. I haven't even used it once. Does your store do Drive-Up? I did a drive-up order and ordered it that way and they just brought it out to my car. Still better than going in.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

Aloha!

I woke up with a bad headache, had it all night long really and went to bed with it. I took a migraine pill a little bit ago and I can feel it starting to take effect. My throat doesn't hurt when I swallow really but when I drink coffee it burns. Weird. I broke the news to my dad yesterday, he took it better than I thought he would. Then I called my mom and talked to her. I think I have processed it and accepted it, but i'm still angry and I tend to hold onto things so I need to really try to let it go because it doesn't serve me to hold onto that anger.

Homeschooling this morning and then maybe some sewing this afternoon depending on how I feel. I have a pair of pants I need to hem, a pair of Eli's pj's that need a big hole sewn up and then I would like to make some masks. I wish my machine was working and then DD and I could both sew, as it is now I have to use her machine. I need to call in a prescription refill and then DH can pick it up on Monday when he has to go up to Schofield.

I hope Jane is doing okay...I wonder if she ended up having to have surgery?
    Faye- I need to add that to my list. I know DH has it, we just need to watch it. We watched a scary movie called Haunt last night, it was pretty good.
    Amelia- Happy Anniversary!!! I plan on making masks as well either today or over the weekend.

Enjoy your day!

7. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good afternoon/evening folks...Hope everyone is all well today...Its been a bright and sunny day here today but still mighty chilly in the shade....Took the gals out for a long walk along the bay close to our home then we came home and baked pancakes and played games....Weather is ment to get alot warmer over the weekend so plan to get the gals out in the garden and set up there trampoline and let them spend some time outside for a change....Once the gals are bedded going to watch a movie with my wife and enjoy a few glasses of wine...enjoy the rest of your day/evening ahead peeps..please stay safe and healthy:)

Ahorsesoul, halimer and MrsSoup like this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Went to the bank this a.m. Then went to Walmart to get groceries and some non edible items. The parking lot was packed! I turned around and left. Then I thought that I would see if the pastry shop was open. No, it was not! How rude! How could the powers that be think jelly donuts are non essentials? Rude, rude, rude! Then I went to pay a bill, and got some cinnamon rolls at Mac's. I used to get them 2/$1.00. Not anymore. 2/$2.39! I almost had heart failure. I only ate one, because the frosting/glaze was just too sweet. Ugh! I did get a cup of coffee to go with. Yum.

I got my Keurig out yesterday, but have not made any yet. Texted Sam to get the directions. He knows how to do this stuff better than his old Nana! Talked to Stephen last night. But Brysen was already in bed. Too bad he isn't like his PopPop! Stephen was very difficult to get to sleep. There were nights.....

I will have to go to Dollar General and/or the other Walmart. I am not going in a store that will have over 100-150 people in it. So much for social distancing! I need groceries, too. I can get a few things at $General. But not meat. I am hoping the other WM will be less populated.

I have my slider door open right now. It is lovely outside today. The sun shines again. Even tho I wore a jacket thus a.m., I don't think I will need it this afternoon.

Guess I should get busy. Did my kitchen yesterday. Still need to put my laundry away. But first, food! Guess I could try Aldi's! Hope you are having beautiful weather where you are. Stay safe and be blessed. And, Lucie, behave!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

I started a post last night and my ipad just went blank and it wasn't saved. Go figure. So I gave up! lol

It's sunny and 45*, but the wind is very cold. I went out to shop early this morning and Aldi and Walmart were both very busy. DG wasn't busy, just a lot of workers unloading the truck. I wasn't able to get tp or yeast at 3 stores. John stopped after work, but just called and said he had no luck. I wiped down all of the groceries before putting them away....I can't wait until this is under control. I did pick up some Easter candy for the kids today. It will be a light Easter....just candy and probably cash.

I had to go to school today, so I stopped there and got my laptop and some copies of emails that they've been sending us. On Monday, we have a zoom meeting about using Google classroom. I think I can figure it out myself, but it's required that we attend. I am so very anxious about this online learning. I can't imagine how people with young children will handle teaching from home, doing all that prep, along with home schooling their own children and taking care of a family. I'm just worried that 4 of us online at home at the same time will cause some issues with streaming. I dislike the unknown of all of it. It's just making my anxiety symptoms come out and I had been doing really well.

I have some laundry going. J is bringing home fish fry dinners tonight from the fire hall, so I don't have to cook! I love a night off. J did say that he really appreciates that I cook for the family. All of his brothers are the cooks in their families. It's always nice to be appreciated.

I guess I'm going to get started on updating my school web page.

Hope this finds you happy and healthy.....
    peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

Hi again!

We took a break from school today since I am not feeling well. My throat started hurting and the kids keep saying my head feels warm. They have done some chores though this morning and we did check on our crystals and take them out of the jars so that was science. I got an email from the orthodontist's office that they are closed until further notice so I guess Eli is not getting his braces next week. They said for emergencies to call the doctor at a specific number. We don't have an emergency but I do have a question about how Eli's appliance is sitting so I guess i'll call the number later. I hate to call it since it's not an emergency. I wish they had a different number to call with questions like that or an email. I would send pictures and ask if it was normal.

DH rode up to Schofield to the retirement services offices and asked some questions. He is seriously considering putting in his paperwork but he has until June 1st I think to do it. So we've been talking about that this morning. It will take a year to actually retire. The guy he is replacing called just a bit ago, they will meet on Monday at work.

I have all the throw blankets in the wash, need to go switch them over and I think I might make another cup of coffee. I need to get this task finished up and submitted today so I can move on to the final one and then focus on my class and studying for my tests early next month if the shelter in place lifts. If not i'll have to reschedule them again.

Frosty- It's nice to be able to get outside and do some activity for sure. Glad you are able to do that!
    Pam- So glad that you didn't go inside Walmart being as packed as it was. I've heard when something is too sweet to add a little bit of salt.
    Lisa- I don't know much about GC either, my kids use it though. Does M use it? Maybe she can help you. Chad has been doing a lot of the cooking lately here. I really have no excuse for myself.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Pam Spaur

Greetings once again. I did go to Walmart south. Spent way too much. I feel bad about that. Mainly because I really cannot afford it. Seriously. I am in debtor's prison. Oh well. The only non essential thing I bought was a little shirt for Brysen. It is white cotton, long sleeve, just as cute as can be. I might try to make him a bow tie. And it was half price at $4.00.

My back is hurting me like you would not believe. It is pushing that grocery cart full of groceries around that store. I also got my toiletries....and things like baby aspirin, biotin, and Aleve. Right now I am fighting a headache. I did not wear a jacket this afternoon. It is wonderful out!

I put the freezable stuff away. Will wipe things down in a bit. My back is not playing nice!

I need to text my oldest grandson and see how he is. Have not heard from him since Christmas. He is such a sweetheart. Better get busy now. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Pam Spaur

One more thing...my son, Jay, may have the C-19 virus. Naturally, this mother's heart is in conflict. I am standing on my faith that he is negative. He will learn toward the beginning of next week. Please pray for him. He does not want me to come down, because he doesn't want me to be exposed to it. I'm too mean and ornery for that virus to get the best of me. I will punch its lights out! But, my son has no one to take care of him. I will go if he needs me, no matter what. So, prayers are appreciated.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. The sun forgot to shine today - it's gray and chilly. We just brought the piggies & bunnies in from their time in the grass. Now they are napping.

Our school district shut down Zoom because of a hacking issue. Dgkids each had a meeting with their math class (same class, different Chrome books) this morning on Google Hangouts. They will meet with another class later to make cookies together.

Dd & I looked through her fabric stash. Looks like we will sew a dozen face masks, 2 for each of us, using ribbon ties instead of elastic.

Parents from church will be driving their children through the local neighborhoods on Sunday, looking at posters the families are making to hang in their window. Blank posterboards were delivered this morning. Dgkids are designing & will be decorating our poster. It's a nice activity for everyone involved.

Have a nice evening. Be healthy and safe.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

oops...I think I posted today's post in yesterday's thread.....oh well.

Another day at home. I didn't do any schooling today. The girls are each going to get one hour of time online every day for their schoolwork starting Monday. My head was hurting so badly today I just decided to let them play. One day won't hurt them. Plus when they were in school they were sick 3/5 days anyways.

I guess I should be trying to find a pattern to make a mask. I wonder if it would be possible to hand sew one? I have a machine, but it is my nemesis.

Have a good night everyone. I'm headed for sleep if I can.

Myron's Mom - Happy Anniversary
    Mrs. Soup - Do you see flashing lights when you get migraines? Someone told me that's called a migrain with aura or something
    frostythesnowman - Good that you are having nice weather. It makes a world of difference to get outside :)
    teachermomof2 - I don't like leaving my kids on zoom unattended either, so I like to sit with them....will be more difficult with them being on at the same time. It does let you have an inside peek into what their class dynamic is like.
    Pam - I sincerely hope your son doesn't have the virus. I also really hope you can find an alternative to going to take care of him where the virus can be so dangerous. I know if you're set on going no one will be able to convince you otherwise, so please at least take every precaution you can.
    GrammaDeb - They're doing something similar in our neighbourhood with decorated windows. The kids are using zoom but I'm hearing so many similar stories that I worry about it.

15. piratemamaof3boys

Evening ladies. I "graduated" from my training class today at work. I think I'm getting the hang of it but still struggling some. Being new and hime alone is tough.

Jess thanks for the heads up. I never did get it to work so I'll do drive up or in store pick up since DS is working there so he can bring it home.

Pam_ prayers for your son

Amelia- happy anniversary!
    Deb- the posters sound fun
    Lisa- good luck with getting set up online. I know our county is working on stuff and DS will have pass/fail projects to do after "spring break" this week

Have a good evening.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    another week of tele-work done. we went out for a long walk tonight. dh's office told them not to install zoom too many hackers.
    I cleaned out alot of old emails on my old computer, but have TONS left to do. Also updated my ebooks.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, it is cold and windy here, will be a cold weekend.
    DH is in the garage tidying and finally putting away stuff that has been in the spare room since Christmas. I am deciding whether to do some more cleaning or take a day off and do a jigsaw puzzle. DH and I have many movies recorded so could watch one of those. I have started watching a show on Netflix called "When Calls the Heart", enjoying it so far.

Will need to decide what is for dinner.

Hoping all that are not well take their symptoms seriously, and self isolate, no trips to the store or to visit. This virus is not going away just yet and we all need to do our part.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I had surgery Wednesday on my arm. There was a bone fragment too close to my nerves to leave it. Since they had to clean it up, they put in a plate and screws because it will heal faster. I had a LOT of pain all night Wednesday and all day yesterday. It feels much better today, and I haven't taken any pain medication since 4:30 this morning. I've slept more than I've been awake. I go back Friday for them to check it. The most aggravating thing about this is that I can't do much concerning the house.

Jess, I'm sorry you're having to stay on the island.
    Frosty, hello...nice to see you posting. It's so great that the weather is going to allow you to be outside some.
    Shannon, I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new responsibilities soon.
    FS, it's perfectly ok to take a day off. you do more with your children and their education on a regular day than most do on a school day.
    GrammaDeb, I'll have to let people know about zoom.
    Lisa, all you can do is the best you can do. This is unprecedented. Many of the students here don't even have a way to access internet. Don't let this get the best of you.
    Pam, sorry to hear about DS.
    Amelia, happy anniversary!
    Faye, I bet a lot of us will re-watch many things before this is over.
    Lucie, plenty of computer time now.

Hope you all have a great night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

We watched Onward on Disney+ (good movie) and now we're watching The Boy. I think i've seen it before but don't remember all the details. I'm having a cup of coffee and had oatmeal for lunch. Not much else going on today really. I need to get Eli's presents wrapped in the next day and ready for Sunday. I'll make his cake tomorrow.

Pam- I really hope Jay doesn't have it.
    Deb- What a great idea!
    FS- I don't have aura with my migraines. My mom has aura migraines where she'll lose partial hearing, her sight goes funny or she can't speak properly. She doesn't usually have the pain that I get. I hope yours goes away quickly. Do you have meds that you can take?
    Shannon- Congratulations!
    Lucie- I've been reading about the hacking on Zoom. DD's teachers use Google Hangouts, although she doesn't attend. I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before they figure out a way to hack that too.
    Katrina- I vote for taking the day off! My kids made the comment that every time I leave the house I end up not feeling well. I think I may just send DH alone from now on.
    Jane- I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I'm glad your pain is better today.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Put me in the Club Aura. I get what looks like water running over a window vision. It could be a few hours before a migraine hits. Now I just swallow a migraine pill when I see this happen. Seems to work better as a preventive than if i take it after one starts.

LC3 starts working on Monday. Paperwork all completed and into the computer by the powers that be. Will be interesting to see how a new person adjusts to DD. All but two of DD’s LCs had worked with DD in group homes before they came to work for us. So they had seen her at her worst so were not surprised when DD does a complete turn around in her behaviors.

I still have a sore throat. I’ve noticed it’s worse in the morning. Might have to have the dogs sleep somewhere else to see if that’s the cause. It was Twillows 8th Birthday today. DD brushed him 3 times. He said thanks a lot by nipping her hand. Old age must make him a bit grouchy. Or it was the snow on the ground.This afternoon it turned cold first with tiny hail that turned to heavy snow. It looks like a winter wonderland. Gardening yesterday in short sleeves and winter boots today. Welcome Wisconsin Spring weather.

MrsSoup likes this.