Finally Friday August 24th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Aug 24, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends!:D

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Came in with dh but will take a city bus to meet him and the designer this afternoon. Have to look it up, not sure if it leaves at 3:18 or 3:29.

DD chatted with me last night and she is on vacation starting Saturday night for a week, so she will be coming home for a few days... well there goes my Monday Rudy day ;) I might take a day off with her next week.

Just work today, Nothing much else planned. I did bring in my knitting to do at noon and this morning.

Later

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lucie and all who follow!

TGIF! Heading to school for the last work day of the week. It's another day of training, but we do have time in the afternoon to work on some of our professional responsibilities....slo's, differentiated supervision plans, etc. Open House went well. I have some adhd kiddos and some good families, so it should be a good mix. I had 11/21 families visit last night. I had the highest number of our 6 classes on my team. That's a first in a long time!
    Thank you for the good luck wishes! I think it helped!

H is doing better, as of last night, so prayers are helping too!

Lucie....enjoy your time with dd next week! Have a good day at work!
    Jess....hope all this going okay this morning. Thinking of you guys!

~peace and blessings~

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

I will be back at my regular branch today. Havent been since last Thursday. Even tho I would totally redo the week. Off 3 days and at the other 2 places 1 day.

Jaymee had a really bad headache last night and she went down early after I kept telling her too. She hated to. Likes to be with Teig. Teigan is stuffy and was alittle restless.

Suppose to get rain or storm this a.m. and it looks funny out. Sounds like thunder in the distant. Nothing like Jess tho! Hope all are okay.

Lucie, will be nice to spend sometime with DD.

Lisa, glad you had a good turnout last night.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Off to scan some documents this morning - my scanner doesn't have a feeder to scan multiple pages as one document, will have to remember to buy one of that type when we replace this one. Then to the library to pick up Christmas Story. Home to do laundry and some tidying up, Vic will be home this afternoon. I was in cooking mode last night, whipped out three dozen chocolate chip cookies, a breakfast casserole, and made a marinade for the steak we will have tonight.

Jess - I see Lane has been downgraded, hope it continues to lose momentum.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend, everyone!

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Home today. I have made 2 loaves of friendship bread and 1 load of laundry in dryer and 1 in the washer. I need to do some paperwork and run an errand or 2. I also need to visit Paris and other house chores. Will see how much gets done. Need to focus.

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. nice day out its 78 out so not bad will prefer 68 but its ok better than 98. have a little housework to do. just got back from taking my dog to get her nails cut at the vet hers grow so fast. have a good day

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lane has been downgraded to a Category 2 with sustained winds of 110mph as of now and it's moving at 5 mph. Still waiting to see if it's going to make that left turn at some point. They think it will and if it does then we won't sustain a direct hit. We are dry here still. I was fully expecting to wake up to some rain, but nothing yet. It's actually pretty still outside but they say there are wind gusts. DH filled up some gallon ziplock bags with water last night and put them in the sink and I filled up all of our water bottles. I'll do some more laundry today and carry on as usual until we lose power. It would be great if we didn't though. I will continue to check in periodically until (if) we lose power.

We played Monopoly last night, Eli didn't want to play. I'm thinking Skip-Bo today. Everything is closed on base and we're not really supposed to leave, although I think the gate is open to go in and out but I don't know what's open off post either, so we're kind of stuck with nowhere to go. I'm definitely going on a walk at some point if it's not raining. I got unit 6 done in my class yesterday, so may work on the next unit today. I could be done next week with this class.

Lucie- Sorry you have to take the bus.
    Lisa- I'm glad you had a better turnout last night.
    Lana- Enjoy your storm!
    Pamela- I'm afraid to start cooking anything that takes a while for fear of losing power. There have already been outages on the island.
    Jody- Good luck with your chores. What is friendship bread?
    HW2- 78 Sounds amazing!

Enjoy your day!

9. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Afternoon all!! :)
    MrsSoup - glad to hear you are dry so far.
    I haven't made it on in a while but I see it's Rudolph Day tomorrow.
    DS15 is having a difficult choice coming up next week. His current weekly OCD therapists say that he hasn't made any great strides in two years (I agree) and thinking ahead to becoming an adult shortly … it's time to do something more. So, he may only continue therapy if he makes a meds change or consider residential therapy to get over these last humps. The facility is in WI. We are in FL. o_O

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

jampss- That is a really big decision, good luck to him as it will be difficult either way but I know he can do it and succeed in whatever he chooses.

No changes here, just rain off and on and some wind but nothing major here on base. I have laundry going, the dishwasher running and DH is making his cookies. DD went out in the rain for a little bit and then showered. All Hawaii military bases are now at TCCOR (Tropical Cyclone Conditions of Readiness) 1, which means that destructive winds and rain are expected within 12 hours and they shut down the bases as a protective measure to keep people off the roads and sheltered in place. There are "Safe Havens" open on post if people need them.

We've watched two movies already this morning. Now i'm going to work on some homework after I call my friend and see what she is up to. My brother texted to see how it was going. I may FB live later once things kick up just to show the conditions.

jampss likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Saturday here and it is Rudy Day. I am thinking of setting up some more crafts in packs so that I can work on them over the next few months. I have a few things that I would like to work on but not sure if I will run out of time this year.
    Would like to make some cauliflower soup today and have that for my dinner tonight.

Have moved the house inspection for Thursday the 6th of September. That suits me much better. The only thing I hate about living in rented accommodation is the twice a year inspections.
    About to start the big Spring Clean/Organising plan for the end of the year too so lots of things happening here right now.

Jess, hope that the hurricane passes you by soon and that you can get back to normal.
    Have a wonderful day all,
    XOXO

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jampss, what decision was made for DS? Have been thinking of y'all lately.

13. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Hey. Thank you.

Well, a letter from DS Care Team has been sent to his insurance. So, now we wait ...

missjane likes this.