Finally Friday January 10th 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 10, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Friends!

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Had an off-on night again. Took a shower before leaving this Morning (no gym) and dinner with Mrs. President at noon.

Updated and prepped 2020 list for 'gifts throughout the year' and 'Christmas gifts'.

Jane - dd is not that strong financially. we will transfer her a bit of money for some of her new furniture and we will go help her out tomorrow (Ikea furniture, and plug in appliances, move a few more things). She is in school until May and then she has unpaid training - her job starts in December. she did have a scholarship for school and that is helping out. She will have to be careful in the upcoming months. She seems to be ok with the breakup.

They are saying, rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain starting tonight, ugg!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. We'll be keeping an eye on this crazy weather. Could be a stormy couple of days. I pray everyone has a good day

Lucie stay safe in this crazy weather. Praying all goes well for your DD as she settles in.

Stay safe all & enjoy your day..

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, Everyone!

I am gonna leave for Jay's today...this a.m., actually. Sometime between 10 and 11 this a.m.

My back still gives me fits, but it is slowly getting better. I am thankful.

I have a lot to do in a few short hours. So, I had best get with it. Sunday will be going to Steve'sand seeing my little love. I can hardly wait till then. Brysen is getting so big! Hmmmm, I wonder if I should take him his canned tomatoes? Lol. I just hope he remembers me! I had a bad dream, and woke up scared and tired.

Better get stuff done. I would really like to go back to sleep. Oh well! TTYL! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul and girlsinmo like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We went out to dinner last night and then stopped by Target to pick up a couple things. It poured last night when we got home, more rain in the forecast for today. I'm getting my hair done this morning and then I need to find FedEx and drop off Alice. I also need to go by DD's school and purchase her PE uniform and run by the place that I had my MRI's done and see what needs to be done to get them on disc. Our printer is printing fuzzy, looks double, so i'm going to email DH the items I need for my meeting on Monday and have him print them at work so they are presentable.

I need to finish up my task and submit for review and study for my preassessment and objective assessment which I need to take on Sunday or Monday to finish up this class. It has to be completed by Wednesday. Then I have the rest of the month free. I put two study guides on hold at the library for the content exam, hoping they will come in soon since they were available, just at different branches. I should have just driven over and checked them out. :rolleyes:

Eli ate yesterday! Real, solid food! I bought him a waterpik and we have just been using it to rinse his mouth before I turn the expander, but yesterday DH made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He didn't eat one for breakfast but when he got home from school he really wanted one so he ate part of one and then we used the waterpik. He realized that it really will work to get the food unstuck. So when we went to BWW last night he ate his usual with gusto and I don't think that much actually got stuck because as he kept eating it would push it back out. I'm glad, I know he had to be starving all the time.

Lucie- Be safe in the weather!
    Hi Tricia!
    Pam- Safe travels!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is sunny and in the 70's in Tampa and expected to remain so for a while.

I woke up this morning and was dizzy so I went back to bed to be awakened when the guy came to set up our internet. Now that everything is speeding along I am happy and able to attend to a few more things than when I was plodding along on MiFi.

After lunch yesterday the car wouldn't start so DH brought it to the Subaru dealer who tightened something and now it is fine. It is 20 years old but I would hate to lose it. Pretty much piddled for the rest of the day and still have much to be done putting away and a few small things that DH has to do to make things more livable.

Nothing special planned for today or the weekend yet. Might try and start some new projects to entertain myself. Need to make some bread tonight.

Jess - glad that Eli can eat again!!!
    Lucie - glad DD is doing well and has you to help
    Pam - enjoy seeing Rocky and Bryson
    Tricia - hope the severe weather stays away from you
    Deb - I forget- where in Nevada are you?
    Diedra - glad you got good advice from Mayo
    FS - hope things work out at school for DD - she seems to be having such a tough time of it

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

It was FREEZING here this morning. I had the girls all wear their balaclavas. I was telling them how when I was a kid we had "frostbite buddies" and they'd call out for us every five minutes or so to check our frostbite buddies face for patches of white skin. lol. They looked at me like I was crazy.

It was -20 c (-4 F) this morning and we're supposed to hit 20C tomorrow (68 F). Crazy! Apparently we're in for a major ice storm the day after that. I'm crossing my fingers they close the schools. It's funny - my mother always hated snow days, and I live for them.

DD6 had a better day at school yesterday. DD9 was happy as well as they were all assigned a learning friend and she gets to help out a 5-year-old. She was horrified when she asked the little girl to read a book to her a few months ago and found out she couldn't read. She went to the kid's teacher because she thought she was lying. The teacher explained they'd only learned a few words that were on a list. She told DD9 to only ask her to read words that were on the list. DD9 apparently did not approve and set to teaching phonics to this little girl and was thrilled when she was able to read her a book yesterday. I find it kind of funny that she sees phonics as this super secret code she has to hide that she's teaching her.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!

luludou, Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Halimer - I'm in Las Vegas. No where near the strip...we are northwest, close to the mountains.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. taking down my christmas decorations. leaving a few snowmen out

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Watching the weather forecast and it's all systems go here to prepare for inclement weather. We don't get snow very often and after last year's Snowmaggedon, everyone is on edge. I know where my snow shovel is located and I ordered some ice melt but that's about it. If there's snow on the ground, I'm not going out and risking a fall.

My concern is that Sophia is coming for the weekend and leaving Monday to head across the water to take a test. It's probably better that she is here rather than at home because the snow is supposed to be heavier in her area so we'll play it by ear and see what Monday brings. We have a weekend of last minute studying ahead of us. We'll get some dinner tonight and run a few errands and then be in for weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope you've had a chance to take a look at the January Rudolph Day post. We're going to put up the details on the 19th so we have plenty of time to find the movie, book, magazine, and check out the blog and Pinterest recommendations. Where is the time going? A third of the way through January already and thinking ahead to the first Rudolph Day of 2020!

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all. I was up and down all night looking at the ESA (Emergency Service Agency) website and facebook page to see how a fire to our southern border was progressing, the DH left for the farm at 5.30 so I have been up since then, it will be a long day but it is Saturday.

DS, DD and I are off to IKEA this morning with list in hand. I have a few things that I would like to find, mostly for DS and some for Christmas presents. It will be interesting to see if there is any Christmas items left.

When we get home I will continue working with DS on his sun room with the hope that we can finish that this weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Hi again!

My hair is refreshed, feels so much better! I purchased a hydrating mask to try out to see if it gives my hair any more hydration. It is a small bottle so if I don't like it not much money was wasted. I gave DD money this morning to purchase her own PE uniform so I knocked that errand off my list. I ran by FedEx and Alice will be on her way to be repaired. I called the place where I had my MRI and they gave me a phone number to call to see about disc copy. Called that number and they took my request verbally and I can pick it up on Wednesday, so another item off my list. I made it home just in time before the downpour!

It is now pouring outside and i'm nestled in on the couch about to start work on my task to finish it up and send it to my instructor for review. I'm about 95% finished I would say, just need to add a bit more to my reflection section. I have a bit of a headache and am starving. I'm snacking on cinnamon jelly hearts and waiting to see if DH is coming home for lunch before I throw some pizza rolls in the oven for myself. hehe I briefly chatted with my friend this morning but should call her back this afternoon as we didn't get to chat long since she didn't answer when I called and by the time she called me back I was almost to the hair salon.

Later friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Fri-YAY!

Another week done! The weekend will be busy with laundry and grocery shopping, but we are starting it easy with pizza and wings take out for dinner. Then going to chill out. Tomorrow will be grocery shopping, some other shopping and a few clear out projects.

The online weather says it's 51 in town, but my car said 39* at school and 37* at home. The snow has melted, so everything is wet. It is rainy and foggy. Good night to stay in.

It's refreshing to have nothing major on the agenda. Have a blessed night! Stay safe in this weather. I saw storms are brewing all over the states.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I laid back down for a minute and fell back to sleep. Good thing I had an alarm set. I have had a shower and we are ready to go.
    Let's see what IKEA brings us today.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I wish I was closer. I have never learned phonics!!! I was taught by the see and say method. DD tried when she was growing up to teach me but it never settled in my brain. Probably some type of learning disability. lol

Tell your DD that I am proud if her for teaching others.

16. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

DS16 had his cleaning job and I crocheted after doing the grocery shopping and then preparing some things like ground turkey and slicing up veggies for the hummus dip. DD27 has been working at a new job. She is sitting with a student who receives accommodations and she has to take notes of what is working or not. She said today that the student is a lot like DS16. A teacher pulled her aside and asked if she was ok and she was like, no problem ... it’s just like living at home!! I said well, so glad that her OCD/ODD/ADHD/ASD brother could be of service. LOL

Myron’s Mom Sorry for pets being ill. Praying. DD27 cat would eat the pine needles of the Christmas tree and then he threw up on our gifts one year!!
    Ahorsesoul Last Christmas I had some weird dizzy thing happening. I watched YouTube video about maneuvers to get those ear crystals back in place. Strange.
    GrammaDeb The fry bread sounds yummy!!!
    MrsSoup Yay for Eli eating!
    halimer I was just down near Tampa when I was visiting my dad and step mom. Lot’s to do in Tampa.
    FrostyShimmer Frostbite Buddies ... now that’s cold!
    sweetpumkinpye Stay safe from the fires.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Task complete and submitted for review! I've been rewarding myself by watching Riverdale episodes. The rain has stopped for now and i'm about to go pick up Eli.

Amelia- Glad that DD was prepared for the student she is working with.
    Lisa- Hope you can have a relaxing weekend!
    FS- That's awesome that she is teaching a younger student! I learned phonics growing up.

teachermomof2, jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

Just ate and need to do dishes. Have a few from last night and tonight.

Storm warnings and tornado warnings over in Missouri. Suppose to be in the metro area (St. Louis) later tonight early a.m. and if they come this way will be then too. Will shower here shortly.

Aunt Imogene was quite surprised with the party. There was 9 counting her that ate. Her neighbor from town here had to babysit her great grandson so couldn't come and then another couple she was sick and the guy came to say hi and bring her cookies but didn't stay. Was there a couple of hours. I visited the gift shop when picking her up and got 3 items (signs) for 40% off. They are 30% but the lady gave me 40%. There is this other picture I want but another lady was there when we got back and she was saying 30% off so hope to catch the other lady in there. That is Allens job. They are RARELY open when I go. Allen went today to see her since it was her actual birthday and she was still talking about going out.

Cookies got made and some went to Jaymees and a bag got filled for Gpa Greg and Shimmer and Shine stickers got put on it.

Really tired for some reason.

Everybody be careful in whatever weather you get.

Deb, how long you in FL?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

I learned phonics. My sister 5 years younger did not - she had to learn sight reading. She had a terrible time trying to read - it was my job to teach her phonics every day after school. She could never differentiate between "what, went, want, and when." She can read now if she has to - never for pleasure - she hates it, and her spelling is beyond atrocious.