Finally Friday May 22 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 22, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends!

20.jpg

jampss, MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. luludou

Was awake for 2 hours during the night but not hurting, so all is good.

Telework for me and ds just texted, they will be here around 4:00 with Xavier who is spending the night.

DH talked to dsil yesterday and I might just go give a few hours to empty mil's cupboards on Saturday (supposed to be colder, so...) seems my wedding gown is still at her house so will have to pick that up as well as a few more puzzles, creche (for dd), and maybe the wooden toolbox.

Later

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Lucie & all who follow. Lucie I love the pics you're starting the threads with. It's suppose to rain today. Cloudy outside right now. We really don't have any plans today. Might see if DH wants to go puck up a few things from DG. At the moment I feel better. Thank God.

Gramma Deb I pray your DH is ok.

Stay safe.. Take care. Enjoy your day..

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Gramma Deb, Hope ER can be of some help. Prayers coming your way.

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

I forgot to post yesterday, so here I am today!

I have been having some rough muscle spasms this week. So, being the dutiful person that I am, I took my muscle relaxers. During the day. Which I never do. Because they make me dizzy. The first day I took them during the day was fine. However, the next day...I was so dizzy I could hardly walk in a straight line, let alone stand. Yesterday was awful. I usually take one with my bedtime med. So, I think I will stick to taking it at night.

Some friends from church are coming over to have me fix their masks made by another person. So, I will do my best, and try to make them new ones. I will be glad to see them.

It is supposed to be in the mid 70s today. And in the 80s over the long weekend. And only a chance of rain. That is the best news. I am sick of rain every. single. day!

Well, I need to get busy and run the sweeper, get my sewing machine out, etc. But first, I need to eat breakfast, brush my remaining teeth, and comb my hair with a full tooth comb! Have a great day, Friends! Stay safe and be blessed.

jampss and luludou like this.
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Pam, Try taking half or a fourth of one instead of a whole one during the day. It will take the edge off of the muscle spasms. I can't take a whole one even at night.

luludou likes this.
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

HELLO!

Gramma Deb, prayers for DH and you.

Lucie, I also like the pictures you start the thread with.

Tricia, alittle different with DH retired, isn't it? Of course, I still work ----Allen retired in '16 but on my every other Thursday off or the holidays that banks get and he didn't use to be here but he is here. Use to have a couple days a month alone. But, thats fine, he goes his way and me mine and at times we do things that have to be done or errands together,

Teigan stayed over Wednesday and was here yesterday. Was fun. We worked and played.

I am working in my closet, vanity area. Got the winter throws washed up, Teigan picked up her room.

Ryan was off yesterday and is today. He went fishing yesterday. Hoping today he is around and Allen and him will clean around the yard moving stuff. Ryan rarely has time off (works on a dairy) but all the rain boss is giving him time off because when it quits raining they will be hitting it early---to early a.m,,

I better get off and move along if things are to show any type of improvement here,

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  8. Pam Spaur

Thanks for the advice, Diedra.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny but supposed to cloud up and then rain - hmmm

Did a lot of shredding of old documents last night and set a big bag of shreds out with the garbage. I also set a date with the Vietnam Vets to do a pick up of all I am decluttering - June 3! Now I have a deadline.

Today I hope to finish the shredding, get my pantry stuff labeled and stored work on some other decluttering. Despite some "OMG, can I really part with this" moments I am actually enjoying it.

Deb - sending good thoughts to you and DH
    Pam - good advice from Diedra
    Tricia - glad you're feeling better
    Lana - you and Allen seem to have worked out retirement well
    Diedra - good advice
    Lucie - enjoy your time with Xavier

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I'm having a few of those myself while trying to pack things to move.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I'm having a very slow start today. I seem to be just really tired. Still not sleeping well and was awake for a longer than usual time last night. I take 1 mg of melatonin at night - the lowest dose available. Maybe I'll try 2 mg.

I need to go into the office and do some work, but I'm not in the mood to. I'm a little disgruntled, because I did about 7 hours of work from home that I reported and wasn't paid for, about a week after my surgery on my wrist. I kept a time log of phone calls, etc. that I did. I check and respond to emails, take phone calls and texts at home, too, that I'm not compensated for, either, on my personal phone...for which I pay the bill, not compensated with a work phone - just took a call from a patient. lol Dr. R expects a lot, but doesn't want to pay for the extra work outside the office. Anyway...that's my rant for the day! I want to get some more things packed, moved, and unboxed today. I think anything I would do today at the office can wait until Tuesday.

Debbie, this is the weekend we would normally be going to the state park for the weekend. I'm going to miss being able to go. I hope DDIL will love it and will want to go sometimes.
    GrammaDeb, I'm so sorry about DH. I hope you, along with the doctors can decide on what's best for DH.
    Lana, my dad grew up at an orphanage in Oklahoma. They had a dairy farm. He would tell about having to get up before school....EARLY....to milk the cows.
    Jess, I hope no more migraines. Will you have to go through that every time you take the injections or is it a reaction to only the first time? One of the best things DH and I did before I retired was going to see a financial counselor. She is Dave Ramsey trained, but puts her own spin on things. That may not be something you want to do, but I wasn't comfortable trying to decide what to do about investments. I wanted someone who could help us.
    Tricia, glad you're feeling better.
    Lucie, enjoy Xavier! So sweet!
    Faye, I was wondering earlier this week how the baby was. Won't be long and she'll be walking!
    Pam, enjoy the time with church friends.
    Lisa...you asked about my infection. It seems to be gone. It's at a place where (something???) is just under the skin. I don't know if it's a screw or the plate they put in, that feels like it "rubs," causing some irritation. I'm hoping it doesn't continue to be a problem. I won't look forward to their having to go back in and do something if it is. I have three more doses of antibiotics. I'm praying it stays away and doesn't flare up.

I better get off here and get busy. Hope you all have a great day!

jampss, Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

I had an early start today as we had a staff meeting online at 9am. It's raining here again and 62*. They claim it will be in the 80s next week. We will see. The forest really greened up overnight....the rain and temps in the 50s overnight really make a difference in the landscape.

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself today. I could do a lot of things, but not feeling it. :p Very antsy. The staff meeting did not help my mindset either. I'm waiting for a message from a local store about a new welcome mat for summer. If it is in stock, M and I may drive there and pick it up. I am debating some new bedding for our bedroom. My comforter shrunk when I washed it, so it looks pitiful. I'll ask J what he thinks when he reappears from the garage. He just changed the filter on the well, so I started the laundry and the dishwasher. I guess I'll work on bills.

M finished her classes yesterday, so I guess we have a sophomore now. H is working a lot too. He did field work all day yesterday, then delivered a calf. He was gone from 7a to 9p. He loves it though. He works scraping and feeding today. He should be leaving soon.

The porch was power washed yesterday, but it's just too wet to put the furniture out. Hopefully tomorrow.

Deb...hope dh is okay.
    Jane...glad your wrist is healing!

Have a blessed day friends....

jampss, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Was wondering if anybody collects plastic lids for schools or anywhere. Around here I do not know of any at the time collecting and I save them. I will gladly ship to anyone who would use them. Not a problem.

Here they are saved to make benches to put on school grounds, or parks.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. sun then cloudy but at least its not raining. any plans for for memorial day weekend? we may cook out but not going to the beach like some are. water would be cold even id it was safe to go. may work in the garden some tomo have a great day

15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I love seeing the board so busy in the morning! I didn't sleep well at all. Yesterday was such a good day as far as how I felt and then I slept terrible and was up in the night not feeling well with stomach issues. I just can't win. I'm still evaluating how I feel this morning, not quite sure. I'm hoping for another good day. DH and I have a virtual financial planning course all morning as part of his retirement preparation (even though he hasn't even submitted his paperwork yet). They sent an in depth budget plan to fill in and I believe we will fill in some together in class. I filled in what I could this morning and am waiting for DH to get up so I can fill in the LES portion and I also need the information on his motorcycle payment. I take care of everything except for that. It will be interesting to see everything in one place and i'm anxious to see it come together. I found a house on Zillow this morning that i'm in love with and it has 15 acres. I would buy it right now and move to TN in a heartbeat with the kids and let DH finish out the rest of the year here if we could get this house. haha I don't think that is in the cards though. I have to finish my Masters first. I'm not sure we could afford it yet, but boy it's perfect for us.
    https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...saleaddress-HomeRec_ContentExisting&3col=true

A friend's son is graduating today and the school is doing a drive through graduation and airing it on YouTube. My other friend (my bestie) that lives in an attached house to them is planning on decorating their porch while they are gone so I think i'm going to drive up and help (as long as i'm feeling good) and then we'll stand around and be there when they get back as long as they are coming straight back, they may not be. I had bought a card for him and will put some money in it and get him a lei. He was very good friends with DS and then he started getting into a lot of trouble and stopped talking to DS. I'm actually surprised he's even graduating. He joined the Navy and will ship out in the Fall. He's a good kid just a bit lost I think. Hopefully the Navy will be good for him. He used to spend a lot of time at our house to get away from his when we lived on Schofield. Our move didn't only affect us unfortunately.

Lucie- Have fun with that baby!
    Tricia- Glad you are feeling better, send it my way please.
    Pam- I can't ever take that kind of med during the day unless I have nothing to do and plan on just sleeping it off. Funny how something that is supposed to help can only be taken at bedtime. Did you get your wipers figured out?
    Diedra- I had never thought about that, will remember that. You always have the best tips!
    Lana- Glad Ryan is getting some time off.
    Debbie- It's always nice to have a deadline! A funny about labeling, Eli wanted to use my label maker to label the flour and sugar in the pantry. I didn't supervise and let him do it. Fast forward about a week and DD noticed that he had done it. She asked if I had noticed and I said yes, I told him he could. She said well he spelled flour wrong. haha I guess he spelled it Flower. She said you might want to change it before you have anyone over and they think you can't spell. I'm going to leave it, I think it's cute.
    Jane- I wouldn't do it from home if they are not going to compensate you for it, plain and simple. In this time we are in right now, with loads of people working from home, you should be compensated. Your time is no less valuable than theirs, remember that! With the financial class we are doing this morning, they sent a complete budget plan that we are going to fill out in the class I think. I went ahead and filled out what I could until DH pulls up his LES and then they talk us through the rest. It is very in depth. I would love to see a financial counselor and will absolutely be suggesting that to DH at some point before retirement.
    Lisa- Hope you can get the mat you want! I'm sure you'll find something to do today. Do something fun!
    Faye- I would love to go to the beach this weekend, but we'll see. Maybe a kayak on the river...will depend on how I feel. What movie did you end up watching?

Enjoy your day!

16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

I did get the mat I wanted for the front door entry. Yay! M and I took a drive to pick up the mat. I also bought an American flag runner for the dining room table while I was there. Then we stopped at Big Lots and Dollar General. Someone posted an adorable 2 tier tray from DG and I wanted to see if the one on our way home had one, but no luck. I thought it would be perfect in our bathroom between our two sinks. I'll have to check out the other DGs...heaven knows in our small town we have at least 6. We also stopped for ice cream to cheer up my girl and celebrate her last day of classes!

In other news, the dance competition trip has been cancelled. Guess I need to cancel my reservations. They are also planning a virtual recital, which still involves dancing, changing and being in large groups. Along with photos, Good heavens! I can't even imagine. Children and teens are not very good social distancers. lol I guess they have to do something with the money we paid. Classes resume in July....and they are hoping they are in person. We shall see.

Jessica...the house is lovely! It's huge.
    Hi HW2!

Talk to you all later~

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  17. luludou

Beautiful house Jess!
    Jane - I would discuss it with the doctor... if he still doesn't want to pay.... well it's over for time from home for the job.

2-hour training this morning... long!! then had to work on stuff for next meeting Tuesday (I don't work Mondays so had to do that quickly this afternoon).
    Have started knitting another pair of socks.

Gotta go!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Pam Spaur

Jess, yes I did get the wiper issue solved. I went to the dealership, and lo and behold, my salesman was outside (probably smoking). So he came and helped me. I need to press down instead of up on the lever! Easy peasy. And as soon as I left there, it started to rain.

My friends came and we talked for a couple of hours before I fixed their masks. I told them I would make them new ones if they wanted. She said they would like a spare for each of them, and offered to pay me. I said no, not necessary. I have everything I need and don't need to buy anything right now.

I think I will go lie down for a while. I am sore and very tired. And cold again! Did not sleep that well, either. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Pam Spaur

Jess, LOVE the house! It is a beautiful place!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, what a busy place it is here today.
    I am heading to the farm. If it is sunny I will be mowing the lawn, if it is cold or raining I will be by the fire starting a new craft project. Happy either way.
    Have a great day, talk when I get home.