Finally Friday May 22 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 22, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jessica, that would be a very nice place. Love it!

I am getting ready to put stuff into my closet that has been out for awhile. Some winter throws, my circuit back up. Will sort clothes at a later time. Did it not long ago but still kept to many. Have more to move out.

Allen put ribs in the instant pot and will have fresh asparagus and maybe baked potatoes.

Allen went to Nashville to Krogers to check meat and stuff. Not sure what all he got. I know more chicken.

Teigan got picked up so Jaymee is running to Lowes.

Ryan went fishing after dinner.

Allen is spraying the ditch and the cattails in the pond. He made the bags to put up on the shed so the borers would leave. Need to do a couple for Jaymees little shed.

Off I go again!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

DH and I have been in this financial planning class since 8 a.m. It's now about 11:20 and I think my ears are bleeding. There has been some good information but the presenters are not very good. One cannot work the technology at all and she says, "you know" all the time. Driving me crazy!

I think we will run to the NEX after this and get lunch, some cash for the graduation card and a lei for the graduate. If I cut my eyes the right way I get an instant headache around my eyes...weird. I wish we could buy that house right now and move there, but not in the cards right now and i'm sure it will be snatched up quickly. Hopefully when we are ready something similar will be available. Someone asked about the side effects of the botox and I forgot to answer...if this will happen every time I have the injections I don't think I will continue with this treatment. I will be student teaching in the Fall and I can't miss any time during that and I don't think I could teach feeling the way i've been feeling. So, depending on what the neuro says when I talk to her next month, I may have to stop this line of treatment and pursue something else.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and kind words for dh. He's still in the hospital, too weak to turn in bed or get out of it, and he complained about the salt substitute for his eggs, that he will not be using again. He's complaining so he must be feeling better. He has a bad UTI and was dehydrated. They want to keep him at least another day with IV, antibiotics, and physical therapy.

Dd took me to the veterans cemetery today, just for a look. Dh isn't dying, but we do need to make plans at some point. I slept better last night than I have in years.

I have a lot of work to do in the bedroom, and it will not get done unless I get to it. Have a good day.

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Off and on teleworking day today with lots of interruptions but that's ok because it's the end of the payroll period so I work late as there are always those who call in their time corrections as they are walking out the door. I did a quick count and there have been 15 different service people in and out of the house since Wednesday! 3 siding guys, one contractor supervisor, 2 painters, one furnace advisor, 2 furnace installers, 2 duct cleaners, 1 bug guy, 1 drywall guy, and 2 gardeners. I feel like I should add...and a partridge in a pear tree to the list! Finally, it is silent here. I have a new furnace, clean ducts, new siding freshly painted, a price for the job after the next one - crawl space insulation first, then working on the library - and a pristine lawn. I'm all ready for the three day weekend with no-one coming over and nowhere to go. That's ok, I will just bask in all the loveliness around the house by myself and with Vic and Sophia via FaceTime.

Looking forward to Rudolph Day - will most likely have it on Sunday since Monday is the day before I'll be going into work and there's always prep work to do for that. I want to have a whole day of nothing but Christmas. I'm running to the gourmet grocery for a few treats and then coming home to enjoy the virtual cinema viewing of the Military Wives movie.

Have a great evening!

teachermomof2, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Had to wait in line to get into the grocery - it went quickly but it was a shock to see it. got the lobsters, cherries, asparagus, corn, blueberries and steaks for Monday for me and DH. Worked on the shredding but not done yet. So far I've filled one contractor's bag full of shreds. Will do some more later.

Deb - a sad duty but wise to plan ahead
    Pamela - you're not working on Monday! A national holiday!
    Katrina - enjoy your visit to the farm
    Jess - great house. I'd just be looking for something with the master suite on the main floor for when I get old and decrepit
    Jane - you should be paid for your time!
    Lisa - wise that they cancelled the dance trip
    Faye - a cookout sounds great
    Lucie - how many pair of socks have you doe??

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

We got everything I needed at the NEX. I was able to find a beautiful open lei in the right colors and a regular kukui nut lei in the school colors, as well as some posterboard to make a sign. We grabbed lunch for us and the kids and came home. We ate and I made the sign and texted my friends and then DD, DS, and I headed up to Schofield. We gave the graduate his leis and card and talked to them for a while. The long open lei was the highlight and talk of everyone. When we were done talking to them, we went next door to our other friends house and talked to them for a while. I helped them decorate the other friends porch for the graduate and then waited until they came out to leave and saw it and then we left. I missed him on the virtual graduation. Apparently there wasn't anyone in line when they got there so he walked right on and everyone missed it because it was before the time they said. Oh well.

A teacher from DD's school came by and dropped off a sign that says, "Congratulations Aliamanu Middle School Panther! We are so proud of you!". He said the teachers had split up to deliver signs to all the 8th grade students. I thought that was pretty awesome! Another day feeling pretty good, still hoping this continues. I'm hoping for a better sleeping night...might take sleeping pills to ensure I get some better sleep.

Goodnight friends!

teachermomof2, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Duh, where's my head? Tuesday it is then!

Ahorsesoul likes this.