Finally Friday November 2nd

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 2, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends! A rainy 4C in the forecast for us today.

2. luludou

We found the tub we want and just need to get a few prices in. Same with the shower.

DD will be coming home tonight too.

Got home at 8:15 last night, been a long Week. Changed a channel on my cable so I can get more Christmas movies 'W'... not the new Hallmark ones but better than Nothing (Don't get the hallmark channel here). Weird as I write capital letters are appearing every few words.

Having lunch with my ex-cw (team boss).

Later

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, friends!

I have so much to do this a.m. Go to the bank. Go pay rent. Do a couple of errands. DD is going to pick me up at 12:15, and then it is off to the hospital. I want to come home afterwards, but DD may insist on me going to her house. If so, she will have to bring me home to get stuff. This has been a rough week, both physically and emotionally.

I woke up about 2:30 this a.m. With the trots and it was over an hour before I went back to sleep. I am tired! I guess I will make up for it when I am under full sedation this afternoon. Prayers would be appreciated! I had best get busy. Talk to you late Reply! Be safe and be blessed.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning MHH Friends,

I've been missing for a bit. I have been in a crazy awkward mood. Listless, frustrated, down in spirit, and waiting. The waiting is over, DH retired on Wednesday. 35 years at UPS. I am happy for him. We have spent hours doing paperwork. Pension, SSI, and insurance.

Next Saturday (10th) is DD(29) wedding. I have been preparing for that too. I still have a some food to make to take with us. After the wedding is over we are heading to SD (DS's home) for a few days. Then it will be back home for a few days and off to Mom's for Thanksgiving. I don't know who is hosting yet mom or my brother waiting to here from them. If Mom is hosting I will be cleaning to get ready for everyone. There are about 45 of us that will attend.

Today, I will be going to ex-boss's house to get her kids off the bus. They have an early release day so I will be taking care until they get off work.

Hey Lucie, glad you were able to find the bathroom fixtures you like. Loved your costume!
    Pam, prayers for you.

Hope to be back later.

luludou likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

It's holiday cups release day at Starbucks so I'm heading over there shortly to pick one up. I always ask for my holiday drink in a regular cup with a clean holiday cup as well so I can use it in my December Daily album. Anxious to see what other goodies they have - the gift cards were really cute last year and they ended up in my album as well. Back home to price all of the Christmas stuff that is going to the consignment shop tomorrow - extra dishes and some entertaining pieces I am never going to use. Not sure what the plan is for tonight but tomorrow we have some holiday open houses - Hallmark and Paper Source - and Sophia and Spectra's Christmas pajamas are ready to be picked up at Target. Someone posted a new magazine, Mindful Christmas, in one of my FB groups so I'm going to Barnes and Noble to see if they have it. It looked interesting - here's a link if you want to check it out - Mindful Christmas.

Have a great weekend!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Eli was up watching cartoons when we got up this morning at 5:15. DH peeked his head back in our bedroom and told me. I got up and did my business and went into his bedroom and asked why he was up and how long he had been up and he said since 4:46. He said he had a nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. He has his cross country meet this morning, I thought maybe he was just excited for that but I guess not. He is excited but that's not why he was up. I'm riding with my friend to the meet and then we may run to Target to check out their Christmas stuff, depending on the time.

I developed a migraine yesterday and ended up taking DD to the ACC after school so didn't get any schoolwork done. She was riding her bike home and her foot started hurting. She started walking her bike. She was probably a quarter mile from home and it started hurting so badly she couldn't go any further and was crying. Her friend called her mom, instead of me (she has my number), in a panic and asked if she could come. My friend called me on the way and told me what was going on. I went out my front door and started walking down the road. I saw them but my friend was already there loading DD's bike into the back of her husbands truck, so I turned around and went back home to wait for them to arrive. DS was walking up from the bus and unloaded her bike. She said her pain level was an 8 1/2-9 at the time it happened. Her foot was swollen and at a 5 by the time she got home. It was just such a weird, sudden incident that I was worried something had snapped or happened, so DH thought I should take her in. They x-rayed and it came out clean. So we'll just wait for the MRI next week and see. I will definitely let her PT know on Monday when we see her.

We are picking up our cousin this evening and taking her to dinner, she flies out tomorrow.

Lucie- Glad you found the tub!
    Pam- It might be easier if you just have a bag ready so you don't have to fuss with it if she does insist. You might be in some pain afterwards and not be able to mess around putting a bag together. Just a thought. Thinking of you today!
    Jody- Congrats to DH! That's a lot of people for one meal! Wow!
    Pamela- Someone posted something on FB that made it seem like Starbucks was giving away the Christmas cup, maybe I misread. I guess you have to purchase the new "real" cup and they are not giving it away, is that correct? That would make much more sense! haha A peppermint mocha does sound quite good.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  7. luludou

Afternoon!
    Jess - glad dd is better, hope they can heal her properly
    Pamela - That magazine really does look nice! I'll see if I can find one around here
    Pam - I agree with Jess, do your bag NOW! Sending positive thoughts for the procedure.
    Jody - wow, you have been dealing with alot. Lots of work for 45 people. Can't wait to see wedding pictures. Congats to your dh for his retirement.

Nice lunch chatting with cw. Can't wait to be home for the weekend, so much more interesting than here at work ;) even though I do like my Brazilian friend-neighbor here (he only comes in 2 days a Week though) and we only talk a little when the OTHER cw isn't here

8. MrsSoup

DS is home today. He threw up after breakfast. He was complaining at breakfast that he didn't feel well, headache, stomach, congested. Hoping he's better by later this afternoon so he can at least go to work.

9. PamelaG

Let me know if you can't find it, Lucie, I'd be happy to put one in the mail to you if I can find it.

10. PamelaG

The reusable red cup was free today with your purchase of a holiday beverage but I didn't realize it because I wasn't paying attention and I didn't really want the reusable cup. Great for the environment but I can see myself forgetting to take it with me. Anyway, I asked for my drink to be put in a regular cup so that I could keep the holiday cup clean (for my album) so the barista put the reusable cup in my bag and my drink tag on a holiday paper cup. I didn't realize there weren't any regular cups any longer, just holiday ones. When I said, no, I wanted a clean holiday cup, she put that in the bag as well so I ended up with a clean reusable red cup, a clean paper holiday cup (the one with the red stripes), and a drink in a green holiday stars cup (which I dumped into a coffee mug as soon as I got home so I could wash out the green cup). Crazy, I know, I doubt I'll use all four holiday designs (as I plan on picking up the other two) in my album but I had this light-bulb moment that perhaps I could put four of them together accordion-style to make a fold-out photo collage. I also picked up six gift cards, just the cutest designs. We drink quite a bit of Starbucks on the road so I'll transfer the gift card dollars to my app and use the cards in my album. And since I couldn't get out of there without buying something else holiday (!), I added the striped cup ornament and a set of tags that you are supposed to use for gifts but I think they'll be finding their way into my album as well. I think I'll just title it December Daily 2018 courtesy of Starbucks!! I'm going to put pictures up, either on Facebook or on my blog, probably both if I can get around to it.

MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Saturday here and a really windy morning. Yesterday was crazy windy and very frightening. There is a bush fire in the forest over the other side of our town, about 40klms from our house. It was burning out of control yesterday but I hear has been contained this morning. We all faced a devastating bush fire a few years back and it certainly was reminiscent of that day.
    The dogs got groomed and look very cute with their summer coats. The air con tradesman never showed, no text or call to explain why. I will ring the estate agent on Monday and ask for a reason why.

Today I think I will deep clean the laundry, should not take too long I hope. Then all I have left to deep clean is the loungeroom and kitchen. Hoping to get it all done by the end of November so that I can concentrate n Christmas prep.

Pam, hoping that the procedure goes well,
    Jess, poor DD, hope that the foot is better.

Speak soon.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It was warm here - right aorund 70* which is quite odd. Tomorrow will be windy with a front coming through.

Did a bunch of stuff before finally giving i to not feeling well. Got my holiday stamps, a few things at $Tree, used all my coupons at B&N to get some gifts, went to the library and had pizza with DH, Then I got home and went to bed. Nothing specific wrong - just a low fever and a general malaise. Will stay in for the weekend and hope it goes away.

Pam - hope all went well - you should go to DD for a while to make sure that all is well
    Jess - hope DD's foot is better
    Pamela - nice going at Starbucks
    Jody - congrats to DH and DD
    Lucie - glad you're enjoying co-worker
    Katrina - pups must look cute.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Debbie, yes they do look cute and a lot cooler. Rest up, hope you feel better soon.

14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Thank you all for the well wishes about DD's foot! I just hope something comes out of the MRI to explain the pain she is still having and they can figure it out and fix it. She is young and way too active to keep having this unexplained pain! She's very frustrated to say the least. She wants to get back to running again.

I wish I had known about the cup at Starbucks before this morning. I would have planned to run to Mililani and tried to get one. I read on FB later in the day that they weren't doing it here on post but were in a neighboring town. Oh well. Thanks for the info Pamela! I'm surprised they were giving away real cups like that! DH probably would have killed me if I had brought home another coffee cup anyway. haha I did get my peppermint mocha today though and it was delicious!

The cross country meet was good. My friend and I cheered on all the kids from grade 3-5, boys and girls, until we had no more voice. Our boys did great and tried their best. Eli, bless his heart, came up to me after and hugged me and broke down in tears. I asked him why he was crying and he said he didn't know. I think it was probably just all the adrenaline and I told him as much. I get that way too when I run a race. He said he gagged after his race and couldn't breathe and he was coughing a lot. I told him we would do his medicine when he got home from school. He wanted me to pick him up but I said no, that he had to finish out the rest of the day, especially since they are still getting out early for conferences and that we would go get ice cream when he got home. We did and he chose cotton candy and I had jamoca. Yum!

My friend and I went down to Target to look at Christmas and they didn't really have anything out yet. The other Target did according to the post wives page so she thought that surely the other one did too and it has the bigger dollar spot. But it didn't, so we were sorely disappointed. They had a teeny bit out so we picked up a few things. I managed to get my exchange cards anyway. I found two candles on clearance elsewhere in the store and couldn't pass them up. I did pick up some hand sanitizer for DD's stocking or elf gifts and some cute gift card holders, a wine bottle light, a thankful banner and some gift tag stickers.

DS is feeling some better, his stomach is still not 100% but he plans on heading into work tonight. He said his head and nose feel better. He had some cup noodles for lunch.

Katrina- I hope the fire is contained! Hate it when workmen don't show!
    Pamela- Haven't heard of that magazine, will have to see if I can find it.
    Debbie- Definitely rest and take it easy!