Finally Friday October 5th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

YIPEE!!!!!!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Which only means after today the next 9 will FLY by with vacation. No, I really have NO plans---well to go anywhere----BUT big plans on hoping to accomplish some stuff around here. So will see. Thank you for asking.

Last night was nice to be home about 3:50 (normally its 5:30). Jaymee, Teigan and I played for awhile, then ate and I showered did a couple loads of clothes and Jaymee downloaded the ABC Mouse on the Ipad. Teigan was liking what she did play with but we have to figure it out yet.

Allen ran to Mt. Vernon last night to Gen Fed and got a few things done (4 things off the list there) took a few things back to Wal-Mart (some were summer shoes for Teigan) but only 1 pair was in the system yet and got like $1.47 back and the rest (2 or 3 prs) they wouldn't take so to yard sale stuff they go. I don't have a pile but Jay has alot of Teigans stuff.

Today Allen and Teigan will go to the pumpkin patch and ride a bus. She likes to ride on one. Probably till you have to.

At lunch I would like to go pay the other half of taxes---check came in yesterday after Allen did first half. Need to make a deposit for Aunt Imogene unless I drop it this a.m. and there is an item in the hospital gift shop window that I would like to get for Jaymee for Christmas so might run out and see the price on it. Have told Allen to check it when he goes to see Aunt Imogene BUT....... gift shop isn't open when I go on Sundays and evenings.

I better go dress and move along if I am going earlier.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Guess at lunch I will read! I did get a Christmas book at library last Friday night and have only read it a couple of days at lunch. A Snow Country Christmas by Linda Larel Miller. Only on about page 80 but seems good so far. Will return 2 DVDs tonight to library on the way home unless I let Allen do it before they leave for field trip.

Teigan likes to go to the court house so will go one day next week and will also be by the other bank then and will go to gift shop when off next week and go see Aunt Im. See how easy plans change!!!

I do need to get some stuff together at Aunt Imogenes and turn over to a guy in town. The Christmas Light Funds.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning. Peeps!

I did not have a good night's sleep. I had 2 naps yesterday...one in the morning and one in the evening. I felt lousy yesterday afternoon and evening. A little better this a.m., but I am not out of bed yet. N is to come over to hang pictures. Hope he can. He is good at it, and I am tired of looking at bare walls.

A friend was to deposit some money in my account yesterday and hasn't yet. I helped him, and told him this is my rent money. He had better get it in this morning or I am REALLY gonna be angry! Won't trust him again!

No other plans today. Just normal stuff to try to do. Hope you all have a great day. Don't forget to do something nice for yourself today!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning cloudy but suppose to be in the 70s today. washed 1 load of clothes and picked up. going in at 12 today a different shift for me i would rather work the opening shift. hope everyone has a good day

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and cool today - not summer like yesterday.

Did get to the commissary yesterday as well a the bank to get some papers signed and the PO to mail them. Finished some final reports for the caravan and will mail those with a copy of the driver's manual - one more thing out of the house. Crafts are looking more organized and I got into one pantry drawer this am.

Need more ink for my printer and dog food today. Will make sauce for the lasagna I will make tomorrow.

Faye - how nice to know your name!
    Lana - schedule some fun into your vacation week
    Pam - hope you get your pictures hung. I too hate empty walls!
    Lucie - hope you have finally kicked whatever was wearing you down
    Jess - what decision was made about Addison's foot?

7. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

A quick hello!!

Life has been busy. Trying hard to keep up with Hubby and Kiddo and my own stuff. My house is almost clean for the weekend and I am looking forward to crashing.

I posted a recipe up on my blog yesterday... really yummy!!

Well... my kitchen is not going to clean itself (wish it would).

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Happy Aloha Friday!

DH and DS are off today. DS finished up finals yesterday and DH has a 4 day weekend. The other two have school today and then after today all 3 kids have Fall break until the 16th. Eli's school has an awards assembly this morning but we aren't going. We were going to because the Cross Country team was going to be recognized but the coach sent a letter home yesterday saying that he was going to hold off because he was still trying to organize something for them since the meet got cancelled due to weather. They will be recognized at the next assembly for 2nd quarter. DH and I haven't yet decided what we will do today so we need to figure it out when he gets up.

This evening the elementary school is having a family movie night on the lawn. I have volunteered so I need to be there early to help setup. I will help until the movie starts most likely and then go to sit with my family. They are showing Hotel Translyvania 2. DD has girl scouts tonight so I guess she will be walking over, and possibly home. It's going to be a busy weekend and I have to figure out how to fit in homework and get another unit done by Tuesday. This class is a lot more time consuming than my other two for sure or maybe it's really not and we're just hitting that time of year when life is getting busier (probably more likely).

Lana- I had ABC Mouse for DD when she was little I think, just for a little bit. She liked it well enough. I'm sure she will love the pumpkin patch!
    Pam- Those naps must have messed with your sleep. I hope that person follows through, don't think I would do that again for anyone regardless of who it is even if your heart is in the right place. Things happen beyond our control and your landlord isn't going to care what the reasons are if they don't get their money unfortunately.
    Faye- Hope the shift goes well!
    Debbie- Sounds like you are feeling somewhat better. No decisions yet about her foot except the PT is going to email the Ortho doc and we'll wait to hear back from one of them to see what happens going forward. She'll still continue PT, but she may go back to Ortho to be seen, which i'm hoping. I really would like another MRI for her.
    Carrie- That recipe looks good! My husband loves butterscotch.

Enjoy your day!

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning, oops, it's afternoon already!

Up early but tinkering around doing a little of this and a little of that. Spent forever on the phone with Vic and Sophia 3000 miles away trying to get them organized to report the accident to the DMV only to find out that they can't do anything until the insurance company reports the accident and they have not done that yet. Ugh, such a waste of time. Sophia's off to work, Vic will stay at her apartment until she comes home for lunch and then they will head in separate directions - Sophia to her afternoon job, Vic to the airport. Glad they got along over the last two days - they are both so alike, so stubborn, I always seem to be the mediator but this time, all went well (fingers crossed, they still have a couple of hours together o_O!

A few more chores, maybe a run to the grocery store, a little Project Life, a little packing, that's about it for me today. Have a great weekend!

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Night was so-so,runny nose, a bit of coughing. this morning is runny nose but the head is better.
    Did groceries, picked up my repairs at sewing lady, went to the honey museum to get some propyliss (?sp) drops for the throat but the shop has been closed, got the mail, stopped by the bank, got 2 bottles of wine for the weekend. Dusted kitchen and folded towels. Laundry is going as is dishwasher.
    Tons more to do... see y'all later!

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I got up at 6:00, rec'd text from neighbor saying he was sick and not going to work so I didn't need to sit with his wife. I went back to bed and slept for 3 hours!!! Now I have a headache - guess I slept too long.

Dsil cleaned out the fridge yesterday, and I have had 3 dishwasher loads of leftovers containers. He likes them bleached, so no hand-washing. I'm almost caught up with that task. Monday he will celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving, so he has been busy deep cleaning the whole house. Three days for the downstairs, and today he started upstairs. DH and I got kicked out of the house yesterday while he cleaned, so we went to lunch at IHOP, the library, and shopping.

Have a great Friday!

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

I made it through another week! Whew! TGIF! I was off to attend a training in Pittsburgh yesterday. That was a nice break. Today was an Act 80 day, so no students today. I got a lot done, so I'm pleased about that.

M is going to a sleepover tonight. H is coming home sometime this evening and I'm just looking forward to sitting on the couch catching up on my tivo'd shows, if I stay awake. I'm so exhausted after work that I rarely make it past 10 on most nights.

M had an ortho appointment today. They added more brackets and new wire, another chain and she is back to wearing bands again. Her bite is off a bit. They predicted a year....she's passed that milestone.

That's about it here....think of you all often. I hope to catch up on here too!

~peace and blessings~

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Washed outside basement windows & outside patio door & kitchen window. Emptied dishwasher. Finished laundry. Paid bills. Reorganized pantry. Dusted kitchen, kitchenette and hallway. Forgot the LR, will do it tomorrow. Prepped my hot-chocolate bar with my toilet paper pumpikin decoration. Washed fridge (and it was dirty!)
    Nose & eyes are watery but I feel fine otherwise.

Won't be on here much Saturday & Sunday as I'm thinking my parents, sis & bil will be here for lunch tomorrow.

Later

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Vacay has officially started!!!

Quiet here. Teigan went to Ryans. Don't know if she will be home Sunday or Monday. I think it is very good that she goes. She needs to be with both BUT sure miss her!!!!

I dropped by the library to return 2 DVDs and had 4 books in for me and 1 for Teigan. Was surprised they were in. Mine are just 2 scrap quilt books, magic sewing, a vintage sewing book and got Teig p the Richard Scarry The Lowly Worm.

So much to do---don't know where to start!

Lucie, hope you feel better!

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We are puzzel-ing. LC1, DD and I started about 11 this morning. LC1 went home at 4 but DD and I kept at it until we had dinner at 6. I might go work on two bushes that are really difficult. We are about 3/4 done with a 1000 pieces. Wishing all a good weekend.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A quiet start here with both the boys away for the day. I had a sleep in so that was nice.
    The only things I need to do today are go to DD's BF house and start the car and then pop into the shops for supplies for the party tomorrow. Need to put drinks in the fridge.
    That is about all for me and I will consider anything else a bonus.
    Take care.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I agree with the finally Friday. It's seemed to have been a long week. Three ballgames already, church Wednesday night and the last ballgame for this week at 10 in the morning. Other than that, I should be home most of the day. There's a clean-up day at the church, but I won't make it before everyone leaves around noon. Last week, I went for about an hour before the game. I'm not doing that this week.

I've been looking online at diet plans for follow and have decided to use the food tracker with the First Place 4 Health. I've done First Place before, and it worked for me. I'll also track the number of carbohydrates I'm eating as suggested by the dietitian I saw a couple years ago. Must get some of this weight off. Also, plan to start walking or doing the Walking with Leslie DVD.

My sister from Texas is supposed to come visit next weekend. She'll stay at Mama's, so I'm not sure how much I'll get to see her before she goes back home. She's only going to be here a few days.

Faye, I thought I remembered from the Christmas card exchange that, that was your name, but was scared to call you that in case it was wrong! Hope the noon shift wasn't too bad.
    Karina, I love the quiet days. DH and DD23 were supposed to go out of town tomorrow for a concert, but changed their minds...was looking forward to some "alone time." ;)
    Lana, it will be quiet without Teigan, but I'm sure you will get a few extra things done without her there.
    Pamela, did Vic and Sophia make it the other two hours?
    Lucie, you're amazing with all you get done in a day, even when you're sick.
    Lisa, glad you're getting to post a little. Is H getting to come home most weekends? DD21 has only been home one time since the quarter started Labor Day week. I miss her.
    GrammaDeb, you're a much better MIL than me. All these things DSIL insists are done are certain way, I would be "inviting" him to do them himself! :eek::D
    Deidra, it's been so long since I put together a puzzle, and I really enjoy it. My grandmother and I used to work on them together.
    Carrie, I hope you finished everything up and had some time to crash...great feeling!
    Jess, you stay so busy. Don't you ever want to just do nothing?
    Debbie, sounds like your day was busy. Hope you got everything done.
    Pam, I hope the guy came through with the money. Why would he say that and not do it?

I'm off to bed. Hope you all rest well tonight.

18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, thanks for asking, they did!

19. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Jane...H does come home most weekends. He stays on campus when he has exams to study for and if he works over the weekend. His roommates just went home for the first time this weekend, but they live farther away.

20. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Sometimes I do stay home but it seems I still have things to do there, like schoolwork mostly and then I still procrastinate. haha I'm not very good at doing absolutely nothing unless I just don't feel good and then I can lay on the couch and watch movies or Netflix or read. If I feel like I have everything taken care of then I can lay around and read. I'm not good at sitting still usually though, just like I can't sleep in. Drives my husband nuts. hehe