Finally Sun February 3rd, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is almost 10 here and the sun has been shining since it came up.

We left for Mt. Vernon about 7 and home about 8:30. Got a few more groceries, I did get a pair of shoes, pants and top that I have to try on and I got some undies and soxs. Teigan got alittle more. Summer clothes are appearing and if you don't get the cute stuff in her size when you see it....seems to be gone.

My mom has been having car issues and the battery finally went and she didn't have money for a new one so we got her one and Allen went to put it in so she wouldn't miss church. Has missed it due to weather the last 2 or 3 weeks. Otherwise I told her to take my car. She was very shocked and touched when Allen put it in. She thought Allen was taking it out and cleaning around it and looking at other stuff and then realized what happened. She was walking her dog and went in to finish getting ready so wasn't there for the whole thing.

We worked in our room last night and got some done but so much to do. Now I need to go make the front room/dining room/ kitchen presentable. At least improve it some.

Have the sliding door open alittle.

Have a GREAT day!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- Very sweet of you guys to purchase the battery.

Is anyone watching the Super Bowl today? I'm personally cheering for the Rams. DH is working this afternoon so would like us to record the game and watch it with him when he returns. haha That means i'll have to stay off of Facebook/Instagram and keep the TV off so I don't know what's happening while it's on. That's okay, I can do schoolwork or read, go for a walk, clean the bathroom... No big deal.

Nothing else going on today here. I was going to take today off from studying but not sure I really should. I've been working on Praxis stuff but today I think i'll work on my actual class.

Enjoy your day!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all, went to the playground with my grandson then went to publix for some snacks for tonite. we all going over my daughters to watch the game enjoy your day

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Today is the day that the year gets back to normal here. the kids go back to school after being of since December 21st, it also means that the roads will be busier as parents who have been taking time off head back to work today.
    Work for me, I have woken with a headache but think it will disappear.
    The weekend was good and our trip away yesterday was a good one. Got home at about 6pm so even though it was a long day it was not a late one. We have about a month now until our next comp so a lot of work to be done between now and then.

I better get moving but I hope that you all have a great day and that it starts to warm up for you soon.
    Much love

6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

The sun is shining and it is 53*F. Who would have thought we'd have such a swing in temps? All the snow is melting, so hopefully it stays above freezing and sunny so the roads don't freeze. We went to early mass, took M to religious ed class. We went home and I made cinnamon rolls. J picked her up. I just couldn't get warm, so I bundled up on the recliner and fell asleep! The dog had me up last night and J's snoring, so it was needed. I took M to dance. They are dancing at another studio today. Their competition team is critiquing our team and vice-versa. It will be helpful for them to have some peer feedback. There is no place to watch or sit, so I dropped her and left. I stopped at Dollar Tree and picked up some cards for Valentine's day and a congrats card for my bil and sil. They are expecting number 2 in August. :) I also got pencils and erasers for my student valentines and bags for them to use for cards. I have 13 bags already, so it was easiest to just pick them up there. Before I know it, it will be time to go and pick up M.

Sounds like you all are busy too! We have no plans for the game....just snacks and Maroon 5 at half time for M and me. ;)

Have a blessed evening!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Yestrday afternoon, helped dd prep her filling for pies... dh was rolling the dough. She got 4 mexican pies and 4 salmon / potato pies. I also cooked some ground meat for freezing and dd made some meatballs for freezing.
    We had fondue for supper with dd, ds & dil.
    This morning I finished knitting dd a crochet scarf I had started yesterday so she could leave with it. Then I had dishes to do, vaccumed main floor and washed basement bathroom. did one load of laundry too. Ironed the fabric bags I had made last week.
    DH is working in the bathroom again.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Received an invite to friends house. I went through my part of the closet this morning and pulled out clothing that I no longer wear. Then I went through my jewelry box. I decided to make No-Bake Energy Balls but didn't have enough honey so sent the kids to the store. DD texted that the line is long, everyone buying snacks I guess. I figured they would have bought them yesterday.

I have Eli doing chores right now. I've told DS at least 3 times to put his sheets in the wash and do his laundry, still hasn't happened. I also told him the yard needs to be mowed, but I told DD she could do it and get the money. We'll see who does it first. She's more motivated than DS is, which is funny because he needs the money more. He's supposed to get his schedule today for Wendy's, but he wasn't told when his first paycheck will come. In my experience it usually takes a month. He'll be hurting for gas money long before then. He hasn't quit the Commissary yet so he needs to do that as well unless he's going to go in on his off days, which I highly doubt.

Time to do some more work around here.

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Cloudy this morning but the sun is finally out.

Just served up the first part of our Super Bowl foods - a queso dip and some guacamole that we bought at the farmer's market this morning. Next we will make hero sandwiches. Finally I made brownies and tried unsuccessfully to draw a football on them. Should be festive enough - now to hope that the commercials are good!

Got some sort of pain in my knee - makes me howl if I step down on it wrong. If it doesn't go away I'll have to see the doctor tomorrow.

Lana - you and Allen are good to mom
    Lisa - crazy weather
    Jess - nice that DH wants to watch the Super Bowl together with you. What are you serving?
    Lucie - what's the next crochet project?
    Faye - enjoy the game with DD and family
    Katrina -now that it's back to school I hope everyone enjoyed their summer vacation

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I don't know what happened to my back during the night Thursday night, but I could hardly walk on my left leg when I got up Friday morning. When I got to school before we had to leave to take students to the meeting, all the students were being sent to the gym. A transformer had blown and half of the campus was without electricity. We gathered our students and went to our meeting. When I checked with our secretary, the electricity had been repaired before the 1st period classes were over. Thank goodness, because I have two refrigerators and a deep freezer with food for cooking labs this semester! Hard to believe we finished week 3 of the 4th six weeks last week.

When I came home, I lay my inversion table....wrong.thing.to.do. Not only did my leg hurt, but immediate muscle spasms started in the right side of my back. So, Saturday morning, to the after hours orthopedic clinic DH and I went. I was given a muscle relaxer and told to do my exercises and take anti-inflammatory meds. My day was spent in the recliner. By this morning, I could walk, but my left leg is still very sore.

Not much else going on here. We went to church this morning, but I'm not going tonight. I took 3 Advil about an hour ago and will take a muscle relaxer around 6, which will make me sleepy. I don't want to fall asleep in church! :eek:

We're at 67F here with rain supposed to start tonight. The forecast is calling for rain for 8 of the next 10 days. If it rains like that, we'll have some flooded roads and people having to find alternative routes to their homes.

Jess, maybe you'll get to meet the new neighbors soon. Hope your kids and theirs will get along well with each other.
    Lana, it always seems like there's more to do, doesn't it? My plans for yesterday were to do a good going over of the whole house...sweeping, mopping, dusting, decluttering, and returning things to their "home," but that definitely wasn't what happened! lol Hope you got a lot done.
    Katrina, that's funny to think about school starting back now. Hope the team does well at the future events.
    Debbie, I bet the brownies are a hit no matter what they look like.
    Faye, hope you have fun at your DD's house.
    Lisa, I'm sure the nap wasn't planned, but I'm glad you got to recharge a little today. Be careful on those mountain roads!
    Lucie, you must be feeling better today. Hope you get to rest some, too, though.

Hope you all rest well tonight and have some better weather if it's been rotten for you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well, I finally got to the FR/DR/Kitchen after 7. Mine room zinch. Dishes done and my shower is too. Going to bed now it is 9:36.

Ran to Jaymees with Ryan so he could help move stuff about 12 and got home after 5. Ryan left and I stayed with Allen. Worked on taking some lights down, some painting, looking around the yard. Had windows and door opened.Coming along.

Night!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Work was good, went relatively quickly.
    Got home and DD invited us to watch BF play in his basketball final. We went but they lost by 4 points. It was pouring when we left and we all got soaked running to the car.
    Went back to their place quickly. They are making it into a lovely home.
    Best get some sleep.