First Friday of August---8-3-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Heard it raining alittle during the night.

Mom called last night before I went to Mt. Vernon and said that her nephew would come home today and hospice would be there. He has fought cancer for 2 years. His son will start 1st grade and then has 2 stepkids but they are divorced.

Teigan had fun at the zoo but several things were closed (monkey house, and some others). She wanted to go with us last night so we ate at Wendys and then at Wal-Mart she wanted to stay in the car so Allen went in. Might have been cheaper that way. Got a few things taken back.
    Picked up a few things for Aunt Imogene.

I will get off between 3:30 and 4 so will go see her tonight. Have a few things to take her, a birthday card for her to sign I picked up for September and some other papers for her to sign.

I finally got my library thing working where I can order books and have them sent to my local one to pick up. Ordered the Magnolia Story and then the book Patrick Swayze and his wife wrote and one she wrote.

Suppose I need to go mess with my hair.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Out early to the Naval Hospital for my appointment. I've been taking blood thinners since my stroke but my doctor didn't think I needed to take them any longer so she put in a referral to neurology. The neurologist was firm, once you've had a stroke, you're on blood thinners for life. End of story.

Vic got in after 11:00pm last night when he was expected at 7:45pm. Ugh, airline delays are the pits. He came with me to my appointment and has now headed to work. Laundry ahead for me and other miscellaneous chores. Put the cat food out, let's see if she eats it today.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! yesterday was busy - dd got here at noon so we cleaned her car, went to sil's to see how she is feeling with her cancer treatments, my uncle died too (my cousin lost his 2 parents in 2 weeks). He had pneumonia. I visited Paris. DH had cut off more wood in there.
    we are going on a picnic with dd in a few minutes.

Have a great day

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

When I had my stroke I wasn’t put on blood thinners. But I would think if you had clots that caused the stroke blood thinner would be needed. But if it was other causes you could go off of them. Each dr has there own beliefs.

PamelaG likes this.
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Did returned from work less than an hour after leaving. Screaming she has burn out. lol

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH comes home today! I have a doctor's appointment this morning at 7:40 (and some of my issues are presenting this morning which is good) and then DD's schedule pickup starts at 0900. We'll get her schedule, pay her school fees and find her classroom. Then i'll head to pickup DH around lunchtime. Today is my dad's birthday so I went ahead and called him before all the crazy starts today.

I finished my chapter last night and realized I had an email from one of the instructors with information about the course and helpful tips and such. I was going to email once their names popped up on the course and introduce myself. Guess i'll just reply to the email and do it. The resources she sent were great though. The class is set up to finish one module a week but i'm planning to do more than that. I love how it's set up and that will make it easier. It's like a to-do list and you know how we love to check off boxes!! The reading was actually very interesting as well, so I hope that continues to be the case.

Not sure what the rest of the day will hold after DH gets back, whether he'll go back to work or stay home. He works this weekend at the motorcycle range.

Lana- Sorry for the nephew.
    Pamela- Glad Vic made it home, albeit late.
    Lucie- Enjoy the picnic!
    Diedra- Oh no! At least she went I guess.

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. busy at work sales were good no tax on clothes school items today -sun going to my friends wedding and reception tomo . rain tonite what else is new

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. Sweet Friends.

I am so tired. Was up till almost 2a.m. Going thru papers, emptying boxes, trying to find places for things! I am taking a nap today. My legs are aching, too. Might go take some Aleve.

Was out for a couple of hours this morning. Crap! I just remembered that I forgot to go pay my rent. That means I have to go out again. It is hot out, and the traffic is horrible. Whine, whine, whine.

I have tried to rest. One of my friends keeps texting me. I can't get a break fron him this afternoon. But it's ok. He is a sweetheart and I love him to pieces.

Ok, now I am gonna take a nap.

Jess, yay for Chad coming home.
    Pamela, you sure are one busy lady.
    Lana, so sorry about your mom's nephew. I hate cancer.
    Diedra, ,Lucie, hw2, howdy to you all.

I might as well get busy. Talk to you all later!

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Schedule pickup is done! It was a madhouse. Thankfully they didn't do student ids today, they will do them when school starts next week. DD has a male homeroom teacher and he'll be her English and Social Studies teacher. She's never had a male teacher before. He was very nice and said he likes to have fun in the classroom. He was a close talker which was disturbing. haha Her other teacher was very perky and nice and she'll have her for Math and Science. Then we met her AVID teacher and went to visit Band, who we already know from last year. I paid the school dues and we left. I'll go through the paperwork later. DD and our friend's daughter didn't get the same homeroom so they have no classes together. Friend's daughter was bummed but we all told her that the chances were slim to none. DD is happy because 3 of her friends from last year are in her class that she knows of so far. Friend's daughter is right across the way so not far. They'll see each other at lunch and recess.

My doctor put me on an estrogen cream instead of the pills, that should be interesting. We'll see if it works any better. She also put in a referral for Urology for me. I had to go do a urine at the lab as well.

I'll leave shortly to go pick up DH from the airport.

11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello all.
    We're enduring an unending heat wave here.
    I just keep thinking of fall and Christmas time. As the thermostat nears 40 I walk around singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas," and the kids all think I'm crazy. Willing to bet the neighbours are waiting for that cooler weather too when the windows will be shut and they won't have to hear my off-key Christmas carols.
    Just reading the forums to see what everyone has been up to.
    Not too much new here. I'm driving now, but I'm not very good at it. DH and the kids are doing well.
    Only 144 days until Christmas :)

12. Pam Spaur

Good to hear from you, FS. Glad to hear that DH and DDs are well. It is hot here in Indiana, too.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Overcast all day with intermittent rain - don't I sound like a meteorologist?

Went to HL yesterday which is a treat for me. They were putting out their Christmas stuff. The one I went to a week or so ago had all of it done already! Just found a few odds and ends - nothing spectacular.

Today I did our "stock up" shopping at Wegman's. Tomorrow the farmer's market.

FS - you just have to keep at the driving - I'm not fond of it either but it's a part of life.
    Jess - glad you're enjoying your class
    Pamela - listen to your doctor
    Diedra - sorry it was one of Vanessa's off days
    Pam - glad you're getting yourself organized
    Hello Lana, Lucie and HW2.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Saturday here and I have the house to myself. DH is at the farm and DS is working with a friend. He is trying to earn extra money to buy some equipment that he needs for motor racing.
    Not much going on here. I need to iron clothes and I want to sort out the medicine cupboard and check expired medications. I want to start a few more homemade Christmas gifts. One of the pharmacy store here has a sugar scrub for lips advertised for a hair over $12.00. I have googled it and can make one for mere cents. It is going on the to do list.

I have left over Chinese food for lunch and then will watch a movie...bliss.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. It's been Saturday to me all day...guess because I went shopping today with DD25. I was on the search for several things...found a few, but not all. I'll be looking for them on the internet, so I can order them...hate paying shipping costs.

It's been a busy couple of days, and it looks as if it will continue to be for the next week. Both DS and DD25 are going on vacation (not together), which means we're possibly going to be animal sitting at two houses. DS's family has a puppy who is currently at the vet with parvo (we think she contracted it while boarding there during the world series), but if she recovers while they're gone, we'll need to pick her up. DDIL's mom and dad may be able to take care of her. DD21 will stay at DD25's house after she finishes classes on the 8th, but we will need to be there to let the dogs in and out from the 6th - 8th. My sister is having to change classrooms and said she needs me to help her next week. She went to the doctor and he said her knees are the worst he's ever seen in need of knee replacement surgery, but she's wanting to wait until next summer. I'll be back and forth on the road, I suppose. We had a death in our church and I'll be helping with cooking to feed the family tomorrow before the funeral.

Katrina, enjoy your day! Sounds lovely.
    Diedra, poor Vanessa, I know how she feels...I'm burned out, too, and I haven't even started! :p
    Pamela, stick with what the doctor told you. I have a SIL who has to be on blood thinners due to a blood clot she had in her lungs.
    Lisa, congratulations to M's dance team!
    Debbie, big shops always make me tired...all the putting away and such after getting home. Hope you find good things are the farmer's market. DD25 and I were talking today about how we would love to live where they have open air markets. She has in-laws who live in Spain and she hopes to go someday just so she can see the open air shopping.
    FS, that's funny about your off-key singing. Glad to hear the DH and DDs are doing well. Driving just takes practice. Don't be afraid!
    Jess, hope the new meds make you feel better. Hope the kids like their schools.
    Pam, you seem to be making progress at your apartment. If only we could all pile in and help!
    HW2, you have been getting a lot of rain. Enjoy the wedding! Eat cake!!!
    Lucie, that's sad for your cousin. Prayers for your family.
    Lana, prayers for your cousin's family. It will be hard for such a little one to lose his parent. It seems there's always something closed when we go to the zoo, no matter which one it is.

Night, everyone...hope you all rest well.

16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Is there not a way to pay your rent electronically? I had to go to the local bank to pay our rent when we lived in Washington and it was such a pain. Then I added our landlord's bank account to our electronic bill pay and just transferred the money that way. So much easier!

17. Pam Spaur

Pamela, they don't do electronic pay. Wish they would and save me from running around. Thx for the suggestion,tho!

PamelaG likes this.