First Sunday of September----9-2-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello All!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Pam, any news on Brysen? Prayers are with him. Hope you are feeling better.

Debbie, no trips planned?

My room is a total mess hoarders style! My goal is to have it done before going back to work on Tuesday. May have drawers to do yet. I am dragging all out and going thru it. Remember I moved a computer desk, sewing desk, file cabinet (short 2 drawers) when clearing out 2 rooms and it was neat them but over the last few months things have gotten out of control. Buying stuff for the shoe boxes and hubby decided to keep his clothes out saying I took over the closet! Presents for others and etc.

So I better head off and get some tea and start.

Have a GREAT day!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Labor Day to all MHHers

LC22 is here for the weekend so I have some time to myself.

Nothing on the schedule for this holiday weekend. We've never had any traditions for Labor at our house. I think it was more important when we were in school than as an adult.

It's cloudy and cool. I like the cooler temps. It looks like it could rain. Probably start to rain about the time Dh heads for his second day of the golf tournament. He said he did just ok yesterday. Today's game will decide if he plays tomorrow. I'm hoping so. It nice to have him gone for part of the day. After retirement he's under foot all the time. lol

I am watching Dexter this weekend. Even have LC22 watching. DD is not so interested.

Wishing all who are sick that they get well soon.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning!

Brysen came home yesterday evening! Praise the Lord. Hoping he can keep milk down. It was the air around his tummy, but the hospital was able to get rid of it.

I am exhausted from yesterday. The party was very nice. Boy was she surprised! At 90, that is hard to do. I got home shortly before 7, and went to bed! Slept for 5 hours! Got up, took my sleep meds and slept for another 6 1/2 hiurs! Gotta get ready to go to Jay's and go see Brysen! TTYL!

luludou and cmerth like this.
  5. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good morning!!

We all took the day off yesterday. We were tired!

Today we plan to work in the front yard laying out the patio area. So excited to see how it will look. A nice place to sit with our chairs and watch the evening go by.

I am trying to work on my in law's 50th anniversary in my spare time... they threw a monkey wrench into our plans so I am scrambling to find a solution. We had a picnic and bonfire planned and hubby's parents no longer want to have it at their house. We have no other location. I am praying and hoping they change their mind. The rest of the weekend is planned. I am praying for no more "monkey wrenches".

6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    September already! The girls and I have been busy putting up our fall decorations.
    It's been such a hot summer here this year, that it's 28 c today (82 F) and we're all in jeans and sweaters.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find that turning over the calendar from August to September puts me in a great mood for all of the fall and Christmas things to come!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny, warm and getting warmer as the week progresses.

Slept well. Decided the nasty-review-person's problem was her's and not ours. It is not the purpose of the caravan, or us, it's leaders, to fill every minute of every day. The majority liked being able to make their own choices part of the time and pursue their own interests - visiting different sites or just sitting outside their trailer and relaxing. The main change we will make is when describing the next caravan we will say it is for "independent-minded travelers."

So - up at at 'em today! Trailer fridge and freezer emptied and most of my clothes and things are out. Made a real breakfast - on second load of laundry - hard boiled eggs - filled sodastream bottles and am currently watch DH and Buffy sleep while I contemplate what to do next.

Pam - SO glad to hear good news about Bryson!
    FS - you're right - I still feel that September is the start of a new year!
    Lana - amazing how thing you have uncluttered immediately attract more clutter
    Diedra - hope your weekend stays peaceful
    Carrie - glad you could take a rest between finishing projects.

cmerth likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. enjoy your weekend

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Another hot, humid day here in Western PA. It's been a busy weekend for us....yesterday we helped friends paint the dance studio, then went to Ethnic Fest for dinner. We got rained out....and soaked! Today we went to the local arts fair at the arts center. I bought coasters for the living room and a bag of sugar roasted nuts.

I made gobs this afternoon, talked to my mom, and am about to work in my planner.

Hope you are having a nice weekend! So glad that Breyson is okay.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Monday here and back to work for me.
    Dragging a bit today. DD's plane was delayed by about 45 minutes last night and I found it hard to wind down once I got home, so it was after middnight before I went to sleep. 6 o'clock came around very quickly.

Not sure what the day will bring at work, hopefully a busy one to keep me awake.
    Another busy week here with lunches and baking at mum's and a house inspection as well. The weeks are just flying past.

Hoping that you all have a great day,
    Much love,

cmerth likes this.
  11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. Everyone slept in this morning. Dgd wanted soft boiled eggs for breakfast with dipping toast. Dgs wanted cold cereal with hard boiled eggs. I never have restaurant-style meals, but today was fine. I boiled eggs and fried sausages - they fixed whatever else they wanted.

I cleaned the guinea pig cage and washed their little snuggle sacks, beds, pillows & blankets. Swept the floor...and that's about it. I need to clean the kitchen, and then I'll settle in with a book. I'll throw together some minestrone soup & grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.

Pam - I'm so glad the baby was able to go home. Such good news.

Have a great afternoon & evening.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

I wasn't as diligent with the laundry as I should have been and am only on the 3rd load. Have at least 3 more to go but nothing crucial - just camper bedding.

I did work on some reports for the caravan and now have to wait for checks to clear before I can finish up.

Katrina - glad new cw is doing well
    Deb - love soup and sandwiches for dinner
    Lisa - what are gobs??

13. Sugarplum

Sugarplum Well-Known Member

So far the weekend has gone well. My daughter got the guest bath painted, 3 changes of paint later. 2nd gallon was defective and we had to go back at 8:30 and got an upgraded gallon free of charge. Now the brown bathroom is a lovely sunny peach. My master bath has the harvest gold fixtures so we got a yellowish gold paint that matches the flecks in the original countertops so I'm anxious to get that done, which will be tomorrow.

Today I got up early, went to the grocery store at 9:30. Made another delicious quiche for us. I didn't get the turkey breast into the oven until 5 pm so we won't be eating until 7-7:30 which is fine. I am making the sides up now so everything will be ready.

Just saw that a storm system (tropical cyclone) will be coming past here around 2 am Tuesday. We've already had rain come through today, and tomorrow looks to be the same.

I have pulled pork to put in the crockpot tomorrow, with deli coleslaw, potato salad and I'll make baked beans. I had lost 10 pounds before the wedding by doing fasts, however I've had a pound or two start creeping back on so I'm hoping to get back to better eating once this holiday weekend is over.

I actually made up a Christmas planner yesterday, printing the calendars and checklists for the HHP. I know I won't be able to follow all the cleaning as laid out, but I'm hoping to follow as much as I can before December, when work becomes a traveling show and I have no time to do anything. So I'm excited about that. I also pulled out my Thanksgiving notebook which I will just do my favorites for the two of us.

My DH has a friend who is a Veteran and has been in the VA hospital and rehab the past 6 months recovering from throat cancer. My DH took him to his appointments, visited him and took care of his house, getting mail and stuff. He was back home for a few months, then just went back to the VA on Friday and had to have a cancerous kidney removed (and a rib in the process). The man has been on a feeding tube and oxygen, but would come every month to our house and visit and bring goodies in gratitude for all the my DH has done for him (he is alone in the area). If you could spare a good thought to Jerry as he recovers from what sounds like a painful surgery that would be most appreciated! He is still in ICU, heavily sedated. He is a tough Marine!

Another book written, gotta get the sides for dinner done as the turkey breast is out! Hope everyone has a great evening!

missjane likes this.
  14. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Fwww!! It has been a busy day. We got the entry done in our front yard. It took us longer than we thought it would. The ground is hard and full of stones. I think the teenager lost a few pounds in sweat.

I was little to no help. My stomach bothered me all morning and into the afternoon.... A little tummy flu, maybe?? My entire pelvis hurts now from my little slide the other night. Guess I shook things up more than I thought. I can't imagine the pain if I would have hit the ground. Yikes!!

We are going to work on the front yard again tomorrow... Laboring on Labor Day. Hopefully we can get more done now that we know the system. Its back breaking work but we won't have to worry about watering grass or pulling weeds next summer. I so love Zero-scaping.

My stomach settled down and I was able to clean about 1/3 of my living room. Lots of dusting and vacuuming. When everyone goes back to work/school, I will wash the couch cushion covers later this week. I am finding all the dirty nooks and crannies. At least I can sit on a chair or on the floor while I work.

15. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Gobs are also known as whoopie pies....usually chocolate cake like cookies sandwiched with vanilla filling in between.

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I feel like poop! We went to church this morning and DS and his family came for lunch. When they went home, I got in the recliner and quickly fell asleep. My right eye and my sinuses on that side of my face hurt. My eye is watering like crazy. I'm sneezing. We didn't go back to church tonight. DH is about a day behind me on this cold, so he should feel like me by tomorrow. :confused:

Pam, glad to hear that Breyson go to come home.
    Deidra, glad you had some time for yourself. I'm sure I'll feel that way about DH when we are both retired.
    Carrie, putting in a patio area is hard work. We did a small pad a long time ago, and I've thought about adding to it, but when I think about how much work it is, I change my mind.
    Debbie, I'm glad you came to realization that the person's problem had nothing to do with your lack of planning. When we go to meetings, conferences, or church camp, I enjoy having a chance to venture out on our own or even have some down time to nap if I want to, wash clothes, read, etc. Silly lady!
    HW2, hi...hope you had a good day. Things should be picking up at work with the holiday season??
    Robin, it's good to see that you have some time to post and do some things to get ready for the holidays. Harvest gold and avocado green are coming back in. You should be able to find accessories to tie it all together.
    GrammaDeb, I hope you found time for that book.
    Katrina, maybe you'll have a busy day so it helps you stay awake. Sorry things were delayed and it messed up your sleep.
    Lana, my mama always told me things have to get worse before they get better. I need to clean out under our bed tomorrow. When we had the grandog, we were trying to catch the stray (we never did), and the outside cats were staying inside, I think one of them peed under our bed and I haven't had time to fully explore it. She normally doesn't do that, but was afraid of the dog...believe me, it will get worse before it gets better.
    FS, I love when we hit September...hope for cooler nights and days! How is baby#3 doing? Last time you mentioned her, she was very small for her age...just wondering if she's caught up.
    Lisa, my goodness, girl...get some rest during this time off!! I always love hearing about all the festivals and things in your area. Sounds like there are always things to do. I thought gobs were like those peanut clusters! lol

Night, everyone. Hope you all rest well.

17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I almost made it here this morning and then ran out of time. My day has been a complete whirlwind. I got up and started working on my Youth Protection for Scouts so that I could accompany Eli out to the campsite this morning and stay with him until DH was off work and could come out for the duration. I got that done and then had to make us sandwiches and get Eli's stuff packed up and the car loaded, etc. We finally headed out, on time I might add. I took a poptart for myself to eat in the car on the way because I didn't have time to eat breakfast. We get to the exit I thought we were supposed to be at and I got lost so I texted and turns out we are way off. They are clear across town up the mountain. I told them to go ahead without us on the hike because we weren't going to make it and the leader said they would wait for us.

We get there and it's sprinkling. We get out and they are ready to start hiking so we get Eli's backpack on and head out. It rained the entire hike, not just a sprinkle either. The trail was super muddy but it was somewhat covered by canopy from the trees so we didn't get too wet. It rained harder the longer we were out and eventually we headed back and cut the hike short because it was becoming a safety issue with the slippery mud on the side of a mountain. We had lunch and then the boys learned about knots and practiced their oath and law and their skit and then they played. Eli got hit with a ball in the eye because a kid was being naughty, but that was the only incident. When DH got there, I wished them well and came home. I need to get in the shower and figure out dinner.

I had to walk down to get DD from over by our friends house because she didn't answer my phone call and one of the guys DH used to work with caught me and invited us over for poker night. I told him that DH was out camping and he said that's okay, you can come. He's been inviting us forever and we never go. His wife isn't very friendly to me for whatever reason (no idea why) so I don't ever want to go. He invited our friends to, so I called her and said if they go to let me know and i'll go with them. There's no way i'm going by myself and walking in there to a bunch of people I don't know. Not happening! It sounds like they have one heck of a party but I don't know anyone so it wouldn't be fun for me. I do like the guy, he's super nice. His wife, is not.

I'm exhausted and dirty and hungry. I debated on camping with them but I want to go to zumba tomorrow and if I don't go, then i'll never start so I had to make that a priority.

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Miss Jane,
    sending positive thoughts that you feel better real soon.
    Home from work, it was a good day, went pretty quick.

DD has a return interview for the job she applied for last week so that is good.
    DH had a little accident today. He catches the bus and as he was walking to his seat today the bus driver slammed on the brakes and DH jarred his arm, neck a back.. He is sore all over. He will go to the doctor tomorrow to be checked out.

Going to have a bit of dinner and a warm bath, it is still cool here at night.