fitbit buddies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I know when I asked about the fitbit several of you said you have them. Any one interesting in being fitbit buddies with me or eacdh other. It would be nice to have people to encourage with the app and offer tips or new ways to use it. If you want to message me your email to invite your (or vice versa) let me know.
I just set reminders for mine every 2 hrs during work to make sure I have been drinking water.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You already got me, right? I wear it but haven't paid too much attention to it in months but that's going to change starting now!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Yes I do Jessica. Can you use it in partnership with my fitness pal? I guess the app does the same thing but my current phone doesn't support the fitbit app yet so I would be nice to use MFP and merger on the other phone

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had looked into that before Shannon but never could figure out how to sync it with MFP. I'm also horrible at keeping up with tracking food and such. LOL

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Me also. I may just have to move it or something. When I was successful at weight loss it's when I tracked my food. I really need to get back to it, fully

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS asked me the other day if I would like a fit it for my birthday.

Can you give me a run down of what they do and how they would help with exercise etc.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have the Flex and it mostly tracks steps and sleep. You can also use it as an alarm clock. You can track your water, exercise, etc. on the website for your FitBit and you can have it send you reminders about drinking water, etc. I really liked that it could track my sleep because I don't sleep well so I could see just how much sleep I was getting.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I've been thinking about getting one of them. I didn't know it could track your sleep as well. I wonder how it knows when you are sleeping and not just lying down.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
FS- you have to put it into sleep mode when you go to bed and it will tell you how many times you woke up, how many times you were restless and how much total sleep you got.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I just started using it and found out I sleep pretty well lately. LOL I was surprised b/c I don't feel rested. The most interesting was a night I had caffeine late and I had vivid dream. Oddly according to the fitbit I sleep well and was not restless, I guess it was just my brain that was.

I am curious how accurate the steps are. I have that and a watch that counts steps and they were pretty far apart the other day.

I set reminders on mine (it buzzes on your arm) as reminder to drink more water at work. I have not started tracking food on the app but want to start that next.

somewhere I found a link with taps to do certain thing (like put it into sleep mode and out of sleep mode at night) but need to look into it more.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
For mine to put it into sleep mode, I just tap it quickly until it vibrates and two lights show up on the screen of the FitBit. Then to take it out of sleep mode in the morning you do the same thing and all 5 lights will light up.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
For mine to put it into sleep mode, I just tap it quickly until it vibrates and two lights show up on the screen of the FitBit. Then to take it out of sleep mode in the morning you do the same thing and all 5 lights will light up.

yeah I saw that, it's a good tip!!