Freaky Friday 7 Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Nothing exciting going on here.
    Prayers to all with weather and personal problems. Seems these things are mounting for a lot of people.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Decided not to go into work this morning... snowstorm in the making. we had a few inches during the day yesterday, the same during the night. they are saying the worst will be this afternoon with heavy winds... for now not much wind. DH will be working late tonight so had no lift and ds is working from home... would've had to take the bus and with the conditions it would've taken more than 2 hours back.. yuck! All schools are closed.

So nothing got done this morning as computer keeps shutting off. Tried FB on my telephone .. messenger is outdated and can't seem to update either. everything is obsolete.

I did do a few exercises and just finished breakfast. Have loads in washer and dryer. Have quite a to-do list for the weekend so will start on that, but first I'll have some tea :)

Have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept well last night with the help of some sleeping pills. I wasn't feeling super great so went to bed early. The pasties turned out good, I even ate half of one and I normally don't care for them much. I had to take Eli's face mask off because he threw up in his mouth a little, his stomach was hurting again last night. He may not be going to school again today. I am planning on going to observe today at school. Even if Eli doesn't go to school I think i'll only stay until 1 or so like I did the other day. The guys should be done golfing by then and back home.

This evening we are going downtown into Waikiki to have dinner and watch the fireworks. The boys most likely will stay home, I know DS will, and DD will go with for sure. I am going to try to get tickets this morning for the Arizona Memorial tomorrow morning so we have a reserved time and don't have to do walk-in tickets. The weather should be nice this weekend so we'll do the beach and the Arizona and Dole Plantation and a Luau. Not sure what else we'll get into. We were going to take them to do the rum tour as well but we'll see if we have time. DH is going to take DBIL and DD to do a hike one morning. DFIL can't do things like that since his open heart surgery.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

It's a SNOW DAY! First one this year and totally unexpected today. We have at least 4 inches and lots of wind. I guess there were thunderstorms in the area too. It was raining at 6am when M's school called, by 7 it was snowing and by 8 we had about 3 inches. Crazy. I was off today to do some catching up at home and to save my mental health, but am relieved it is a snow day. M has a dance competition this weekend in Pittsburgh, so she's home and able to get packed without any stress. I also now have zero guilt about taking a day off.

I am also relieved because we had a ton of teachers out today....it's wrestling, dance and cheer season...and then I don't have to worry about the student teacher's placement for the day. That place is NUTS. One of my team mates was punched and slapped yesterday by a 6 year old. 2nd day in a row that he lost his mind. No admin in the building to take care of the situation. SMH We all need this mental health day.

M dances early tomorrow morning and again early on Sunday morning. It will be a jam-packed weekend. I think we will stop on our way to pick up some things since the roads in the area are terrible, then I won't have to run out. I stripped beds and washed sheets, so now it's time to remake them. I have laundry going and will do the floors before I shower and pack the rest of my stuff.

Otherwise, it's been the usual....sleep, work, cook, clean, chauffeur, repeat.

Have a blessed day...stay safe in this weather....it's crazy almost everywhere.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

Change of plans...Eli and DD will be home from school today so I decided not to go in either. My head feels funny, sort of a headache but not really, light-headed I guess is the best way to describe it. DD started coughing yesterday and she couldn't even eat her breakfast when she came down this morning. Her eyes are swollen and shiny so I told her to stay home. I hope she's not coming down with the flu, it is going around. Eli's stomach is still hurting so he's staying home. I really hope this is all nothing because I sure don't want all of us to spend the weekend sick.

Lisa- Yay for a snow day! Be safe traveling!

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  7. luludou

So I have washed all ceilings on the main floor. Washed walls and woodwork and floor of my bedroom too. Deep spring-cleaning is coming along slowly. Folded towels.

Now I will try to relax a bit... really yucky outside with the snowstorm. Glad I stayed home.

Ahorsesoul, teachermomof2 and MrsSoup like this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Survived a tornado warning last night and just had to deal with heavy rain which cleared out by this morning. Right now sun peeking through clouds but the temperature has dropped a good 20* from the low 80's to the low 60's.

DH and I never to to the fair since he was delayed at PT. Probably good since it closed early due to the severe weather. Thought of going today but it is the day when school is closed and the kids go to the fair. There have been incidents in the past but just don't want to go when it will be so crowded. So aiming for Monday.

We ate lunch out both days - I think I might be getting a little tired of BBQ - just want a good old NY pizza! Yesterday's dinner was curried chicken and tonight is Chinese ribs in the crock pot - maybe some peanut noodles.

Otherwise I've just been alternating between scrapping, knitting and reading. Had to go to Michael's for more paper but otherwise was disappointed with their selection. Might have to head to the scrapbook store tomorrow instead of waiting until sometime next week.

Lucie - wise decision to stay home
    Jess - hope everyone stays well
    Lisa - enjoy the snow day
    Katrina - hope that you can manage everything with FIL.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

Katrina - sending you ((hugs)) for support
    Halimer - a tornado warning? ouff hope I never have to deal with that
    Jess - hope everyone is feeling better. Enjoy the time with your dad and brother

Laundry is done. Beets are cooking. Now I knit and watch the prodigal son. Still snowing and windy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

DD is definitely sick. She has chills and a fever, still coughing. I have quarantined her in her room. I made her an appointment for this afternoon and am hoping they will test her for the flu but we'll see. They could give her Tamiflu, i've heard that helps if given soon enough. DS did his cleanout but it didn't seem to help he said.

The guys are on their way back from golfing. I've been working on homework most of the morning, but could use a nap. Not likely to get one now that they are on the way home.

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It's another beautiful day - should be even better tomorrow - and then look out! Cooler & wetter days starting Sunday.

I sat with neighbor today. She was awake when I got there, convinced that I was in her home last night trying to kill her and that I would try again today. That was not fun to deal for over an hour. We watched the news for a few hours, and I found a movie I thought she would like. "Singing in the Rain." I was right - she remembered seeing it a long time ago, and she was delighted to see it again.

I received a text for DH's sleep study, scheduled for February 22. I called them to try to get something earlier, but everything was automated so all I could do was cancel which I did NOT want to do. Dh said to leave it, and he will just deal with it. Easy for him to say - he doesn't worry.

Dh spends all his time in the bedroom these days, either on the computer, watching TV or sleeping - even eating all his meals. I need to do some serious airing out and cleaning in there. I'll try to chase him out tomorrow so I can make a glorious mess while tidying, organizing, and cleaning.

Have a good rest of the day!

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Tamiflu helps a lot if it’s the flu. I took it one afternoon and the next morning I was a lot better.

13. luludou

Did TONS of dishes (emptied leftovers from fridge), knitted, did some puzzle.

We will be babysitting Xavier tomorrow afternoon and he will stay here for the night so the parents can get a full night's rest and it will be their Valentine's supper.

Had more tummy problems tonight, now it seems better so I'll go take a hot bath and put on my jammies and rest for awhile.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

We had a fairly slow day at work today and also talked with my team about some patients' insurance issues. I'm learning a lot about Medicare and secondary insurance. What I've learned so far is that for our patients the "old red, white, and blue" Medicare as primary, along with a secondary insurance with a no deductible and 0% co-pay, is the best way to go financially. Maybe, by the time I'm old enough to have it, I'll know enough about it to make a wise decision. ;)

DH hasn't turned the heat up the last few days he's come home from work, so the house has been cold when I got home from work...makes me want to go straight to the bed and get under the cover. I turned up the heat and put something in the oven for supper. Waiting for it to get done.

I saw the Tractor Supply has fruit trees. I need to go by and see if they have any we want to plant at the new house this year. We are going to plant a few each year of the kinds we want. We're starting with peach, plum, and mayhaw this year. May have to go to the nursery to get mayhaw. We have two blueberry bushes at our current house.

I ordered some peel and stick tile today for the laundry room/pantry at the new house. We haven't heard anything about the death certificate coming in. Hopefully, it will be next week and we can sign the papers not long afterward.

Jess, Tamiflu helps. This flu that's going around is tough, lasting a good week to 10 days, even if Tamiflu is taken. Hope they can diagnose and treat DS.
    GrammaDeb, we were talking today about a lady (she's passed away now) who didn't know her DH and ran away and hid in a cornfield near their house. So sad that, that happens to a person's mind. I'm sorry it's taking so long to get DH in for the sleep test.
    Lisa, what a blessing when school is called off on a day you took off. I had that happen a few times. Good luck to M! Be careful carting her around this weekend.
    Debbie, Chinese ribs sound good! Hope you found the paper you needed for scrapping.
    Diedra, good job on getting things moved around for the sunroom. Do you all spend a lot of time in there? I always wanted a sunroom.

I better go check supper. It's beginning to smell good, so must be getting done.

Rest well friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes for FIL.
    We managed to get him transported to a paliative care ward at a hospital 1 hour from his home via ambulance. Hopefully that is where he will stay now until the end. It was a long day.
    DH and I have gone to look at cars today, I am deciding between 2 cars, 1 a small car similar to what I have had before, and a small sized SUV that is gorgeous. the price difference between the 2 is about $15.000 so I will need to think carefully.

A little rain here so that is nice.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

I didn't make it over here yesterday - crazy busy at work as it has been this week and then FaceTime with Vic and Sophia takes up a chunk of my evening. I watched one of my favorites vloggers participate in a Meals of the Week collaboration, flipped over to watch the other vloggers and found one that I really enjoy. She had a Vlogmas series in December so I'm working my way through that.

Came home last night to find the gardener had opened the gate to get to the backyard and didn't close it - went to close it myself and found out why he left it open - it is so swollen and distorted from all the rain that it is warped and won't shut. I had a really good look at it and it appears that this has been a problem before as there is a section at the bottom part of the side of door that has been planed away but now it's catching where it wasn't planed a little further up. I was going to attempt to fix it myself this weekend but when I was talking to my co-workers about it, one of them who lives nearby said he had an electric planer and he'd stop by this weekend to fix it. So nice of him. I told him I pay in beer or pizza!

Not much else planned this weekend as the weather looks grim - the news is full of how northwest Washington is breaking all the records for x number of straight days of rain. I am honesty not complaining at all because I like the rain. Not so much on the walk back and forth from the bus but definitely when I'm in the house, all cozy with a fire and a cup of tea. I was almost out of tea the other day and had forgotten to get some when I was at the store so I thought I'd check Amazon. There was my tea, cheaper than the store and Prime shipping, it was here in two days. Love it!

Have a great weekend everyone. Looking forward to Myron's Mom putting up the February Rudolph Day categories.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.