Freezer Sessions 2018...

Discussion in 'Holiday Cooking' started by AuntJamelle, Aug 24, 2018.

1. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

You guys are doing great!

Ended up freezing two trays of bacon cheese apps that we didn't need to make at our party on Saturday - so I have a nice full bag of those in the freezer to use up!

I've been starting to pull from freezer stock a bit - some of that browned ground beef let me easily whip a batch of Taco Dip for our party when untested appetizers turned out horribly and had to go in the trash.

Minta likes this.
  2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

We're eating out the freezer this week. Which is freeing up some needed space. I got two more batches of cookies into the freezer.

Has anyone ever made cocktail franks aka pigs in a blanket and froze them before? I know in the past, we've bought them frozen. We typically make them up hours before the party which has always worked out for us. I was just thinking about this for future parties.

Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  3. AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom and Minta like this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

We are also eating out of the freezer this week. Got a lot stored in there do that life is a little easier over the next few weeks. Glad we did all the prep a few weeks back, really appreciating it now.

Minta likes this.
  5. AuntJamelle

Minta and luludou like this.
  6. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

AuntJamelle likes this.
  7. AuntJamelle

Cooked and froze a lb of bacon last night. Will be baking cookies tonight and will freeze most.

Minta likes this.
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

This sounded so good that I fixed bacon at dinner.

Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  9. AuntJamelle

LOL, Ahorsesoul! When I made the bacon DS asked for a piece. Then last night out of nowhere he asked if there was any more bacon, then added "I love bacon!" :)

Baked and froze double batch of Oatmeal Choc Chip cookies last night. Will use to augment the last of the cookies in the freezer when I do my final round of cookie tins/platters for the season. Have 3 -4 more to do!

Minta likes this.
  10. AuntJamelle

Boy my freezers are looking EMPTY!!! All the cookies and all the cinnamon rolls and all the breads have all been given away! I love it!

Lots of room for the next wave of freezer goodness!!!!

Minta, luludou and Holiday_Mom like this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

I have really enjoyed this thread this year. My freezer is still doing ok, I have enough biscuits in there that I will not need to do any baking in the early part of the year. Iy will be on my to do list in 2019 to prepare and store more freezer meals.

Minta, AuntJamelle and Holiday_Mom like this.
  12. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I have learned a lot from this thread. I want to go through it again and make notes for holiday prepping next year. :D

Minta, AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, I m grateful that these threads stay here for ever as I too want to go back and take some notes.

Minta likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Aunt Jamelle, are you going to start the freezer sessions thread for 2019?
    Sure do hope so?

Ahorsesoul and Minta like this.
  15. AuntJamelle

I can absolutely do that! Need to start thinking about what to tackle this year! :)

Ahorsesoul and sweetpumkinpye like this.