Freezer Sessions 2019...

Discussion in 'Holiday Cooking' started by AuntJamelle, Feb 25, 2019.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

You are so organized with your menu planning and shopping for your freezer dishes.

Minta, Ahorsesoul and AuntJamelle like this.
  2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I cooked up 4 lbs of ground beef and froze it for future meals. I made four pounds of chicken piccatta. We'll have half tonight for dinner and the other half will be frozen.

AuntJamelle, Minta and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Got a batch of chili in the freezer- in single serving portions.

Two big bags of grilled chicken breasts as well.

Some lime juice cubes and the rinds.

Have also scheduled a date to go through all freezers (this weekend actually) and do a complete inventory!!!

Ahorsesoul and Holiday_Mom like this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

sounds like a good start

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. AuntJamelle

Took pics of freezer contents to help me get a jump start on updating my inventory - then will go back and double check anything not clear from the photos this weekend!

Ahorsesoul, Myron's Mom and PamelaG like this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Great idea. I did this with my decluttering, great to have the photos to refer to later on.

Myron's Mom and AuntJamelle like this.
  7. AuntJamelle

Forgot to say that the last 2 cheesecakes for the wedding are in the freezer now too! A New York and a Strawberry!

Myron's Mom likes this.
  8. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Found Boston butt on sale so I ground 8 pounds and froze for sarma ( cabbage rolls). Been looking for bigger heads of cabbage at a reasonable price to make them. My cousin just now texted me she found them on sale and got 2 for me. Sunday I’ll pack the leaves in sour kraut to pickle and make them in about a week.
    Today was chicken soup day. I made 2 pots and will freeze.
    Ohio peaches are ready so I flash froze 2 baskets of them. I made a small cobbler that we devoured. I’m surprised they were so good with our crazy weather. The Mennonite market should have boxes of tomato s in the next few weeks so I’ll be flash freezing those also.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

What a clever idea. I do this when I bring out my Christmas totes, helps me pack everything away, but never thought of doing it for the freezer,

10. AuntJamelle

Yes, the photo method was born of my worries about having the freezer door open too long - lol

I finished inventory and general clean out and reorganize of all 4 freezers this weekend. Everything is nice and neat and tidy.

And we had ribs on the grill yesterday because I found some - lol!!! DH had gotten and put in there and I had NO idea - so that was a bonus!

I'll start my fill the freezer sessions up once we get back from Disney! Looking forward to it!!!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I bought a magnetic board at the dollar stor today so I can write my freezer inventory on the door. Had a page but it isn't working out well

AuntJamelle and PamelaG like this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

We are getting to the end of our Winter meals. Still have some soup and one or two crockpot meals and a few other things in there. time to start doing meals for Summer soon.

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh my gosh. I'm off to take photos in the freezer. Brilliant idea! Then when shopping you know what's in

AuntJamelle likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Oh, I did not think of this use but another clever idea, you girls are sure smart.

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I've told several people about taking a photo of the items in their freezer. Their mouths just drop open and they want to go take photos of their freezer. Thanks AuntJamelle. You may have started a world wide trend.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I bought 8 square foil pans from Dollar Tree today...does that count as freezer cooking....at least I'm heading in the right direction?:p

17. AuntJamelle

Jane - That ABSOLUTELY counts!!!!

The photo "trend" is cracking me up!!! I love that is appealing to others!

I also use the same "trick" when updating my inventory of the pantry. It's helpful to snap the photos then sit down at computer to enter everything all at once.

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.