Freezer Sessions 2019...

Discussion in 'Holiday Cooking' started by AuntJamelle, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

You are awesome! Thank you!

Minta and Miss JoDee like this.
  2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Got 2 batches of Chocolate Gobs and 2 batches of Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel cookies in the freezer last night!

Now that we're back from Disney I am jumping into freezer cooking full blast! Bar fridge freezer is empty, chest freezer half full, if that - so I have plenty of room to fill up! :)

Holiday_Mom and Minta like this.
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

Freezer space has opened up so I started on making the side dishes for Thanksgiving. This is the earliest that I've ever started. I got the cranberry sausage stuffing made. The first procedure on my leg is two weeks before Thanksgiving and I'm not sure how much I'll be feeling afterwards.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  4. AuntJamelle

That is smart to get a jump start now, Mary! Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good planning Mary, better safe than sorry.
    I picked up 4 packages of crumbed chicken tenders a few days back, they have gone straight into the freezer. Ham steaks are in there too. Would like to get some more ice creams on sticks but will wait until they are on special, not in such a rush that I need to pay full price.
    Need to make sure that what I am going to prepare and freeze is packaged properly so still need to buy freezer paper.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  6. Holiday_Mom

Freezer paper... I have never used that. I think that I heard about it here years back but forgot all about it. I have used plastic wrap and plastic zippered bags. Do you notice a difference using freezer paper?

I made a second container of stuffing and froze it.

Ahorsesoul and AuntJamelle like this.
  7. AuntJamelle

I'm curious as to those who use freezer paper as well - I never have but always open to new ideas!

I about DIED when I got news of the King Arthur Flour recall right now. After getting 4 batches of cookies in the freezer!!!

Luckily none of my bags are included in the recall. Makes me nervous though! How the heck does that happen with flour??? Or do I even want to know?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Went meat shopping Friday and restocked the freezers. Fileted a bunch of chicken breast, flash froze some for easier thawing and cooking , and cooked and flashed froze the rest for quick easy dinners/sandwiches.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I use freezer paper for in between hamburger patties so that I can separate them easily. If I am making a double batch of meatballs I will pack meatballs, freezer paper and then meatballs. Stops them sticking. If I bake cakes I wrap them in freezer paper before the alfoil. I think you may call it parchment paper but not sure if it is the same thing.

10. Holiday_Mom

I made up 10 lbs of mashed potatoes and put them in the freezer. I was going to make some more side dishes next week but the freezer is stuffed again. It will take a few weeks to get through everything.

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Cooking up meat the past few weeks has served two purposes. We have our half cow coming in this month and I've still got a bit of meat left from 2018. So I'm cooking meat up a storm and been successful in using up all the ground beef in an attempt to clear out our freezer. My meatballs I made Friday with a new recipe were AMAZING. I also made a pot roast using a new cut I don't remember using Cross Rib Roast. OMG.....it was so yummy! Last time I made a roast for my daughter, by special request she said it just didn't taste like it normally does and she was right. Wish she'd been around to eat what I made this past weekend. I did have some left over so I froze it for a small 2 person meal or breakfast scramble.

Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  12. AuntJamelle

I baked and froze 4 batches of Pecan Sandies the other day - have big plans for this weekend but we'll see what actually gets done!

Minta likes this.