Freezer Sessions 2020...

Discussion in 'Holiday Cooking' started by AuntJamelle, Jan 2, 2020.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I will do a big batch of meatballs this morning and will have some for dinner and some to freeze. We ave been eating out of the freezer quite a lot but will need to restock soon.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Added a batch of Cinnamon Roll Muffins to the freezer yesterday. Also made a couple of types of quick breads:

Apple Butternut and also a couple loaves of Strawberry Bread

Cubed the butternut squash I didn't use in the bread and froze that.

We purchased a new upright freezer from friends and will give our old chest freezer to another friend...not much left in chest freezer right now which is good.

I took the last of the Christmas cookies in to work last week - they didn't last long! :)

It's about time to start baking and freezing cheesecakes for DS's school fundraiser in May!

luludou, Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

Last week, I cooked up and froze 6 lbs of chicken and 5 lbs. ground beef. I made chicken and beef stock as well as turkey broth. My freezer is stuffed again. :)

AuntJamelle likes this.
  4. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I'm still using up items I stored for the holidays and usually in spring I'll be caught up and start over. No plans as of yet!
    I do have a question though. Do any of you have frozen beef, half way defrost it, add marinades or things like that and refreeze. We get our beef by the cow, so we have a freezer full. That makes prepping it before I freeze it a no go. I'm curious if ya'll have suggestions?

AuntJamelle likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I just toss the marinade on the frozen beef and freeze. It will do the marinading part when it defrosts.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I sat and decided on what I would like to make at my next freezer cooking day.
    Chicken strogonoff, Chicken pot pies and French onion pasta bake will be prepared and frozen. It will be nice to have some ready freezer meals to pull out on those cold Winter nights.