Fri-YAY! January 17,2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 17, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

Heading to school this morning in some cold weather. We have a meeting and then work time. I have so much to do today. Thankful for the time to do it. I'm sure there will be adult drama today. :rolleyes: There always is when overworked and under appreciated people get together.

Nothing planned for tonight as the weather is changing. I will start laundry and probably fall asleep early. :p

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa and All!

We are to get freezing rain, sleet, snow and then change to rain later tonight. Keep changing the time line but think it will be late morning early afternoon here. I should get off about 3:30. Teigan is getting out at 11:30 (already was planned). Jaymees kids will leave at noon but she has to stay.

Allen is starting to get a cold and has to go talk to drs office about meds so I told him to ask about it!

3 day week-end!!!!!

Ordered a few party decorations this a.m. for Teigans party next Saturday. Frozen. Will get together with Jaymee and see what she has and some may go back.

Have car heating up-----

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Cold here this morning. They're calling for light freezing rain this morning changing to rain in a bit. DH said it was doing something out there when he went to work. Thankful he has a 3 day weekend coming up.

Lisa praying cool heads prevail today and the work day passes quickly for you.
    Lana my DGD birthday is in Feb. Hope Teigan has a great party.

Stay safe all. Have a good day..

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Snow Day!

Still sick here and happy to have a day off! Freezing here.. -21 C (-5.8 F) Glad to not have to worry about bundling the kids up.

I was going to send a note with DD6 to her teacher asking her to please call her by her given name but when DD6 came home yesterday she said she went and had a talk with her and explained that it was her name and the name everyone always called her. I asked her what the teacher said and she said, "After a loooooooong time she said, Oh fine! I'll call you that then!". I had to laugh at the amount of exasperation she used when she quoted her. I'm guessing she wore her down.

Her teacher also bumped her back to grade 1 math despite her always doing grade 2 (split class.) She explained her previous teacher always had her do math with the older kids but the teacher told her it was too hard. DD6 insisted so the teacher made her miss playtime to do the grade 2 math to show her it was too hard for her. DD6 said she didn't even care she missed playtime because she wanted to prove she could do it. According to her she was the only one who got it all right and the teacher told her she can do grade 2 from now on. I'm glad she has the confidence to stick up for herself. Hopefully things go better as time goes one.

Hope everyone has a great day! Stay warm!

luludou likes this.
  6. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Oh my word! Yes! Amen! That's how it's done. Bless her little heart. :) That will be a great skill for her future!

7. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

DD27 in Vermont texted it was -8* as she was going off to her shadowing her student this morning. I thought .... BRRRRR!! We are to have Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday night's get to 37-32 degrees. That's brrrrr enough here. With the damp humidity ... it's a yucky wet cold. Ug.

DS16 and I have dentist cleaning this morning. Guess who couldn't sleep because of anxiety???? Guess who was up in the middle of the night but laid down about 8 am???? Guess who I will have to try to go wake now so we can get ready to leave for the 11 am appointment???? sigh .....

Be Blessed All!

8. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words and hugs about Myron. Sadly I am in the ER with Sebastian. He is in renal failure. We are “putting a bandaid on it” to buy us a few more reasonably quality days with him. Then we will bring him back to be put down.
    Our weekend will be the 3 of us, a fire, movies and as much snuggle time as we can get.
    Frosty, good for your daughter!
    Prayers for all and be safe out in this crazy weather.

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all. Sunny and a bit cooler today.

Amelia - what sadness you are experiencing right now. Nothing I can say will help but I am thinking of you and sending you a hug.
    FS - DD6 is one smart little lady! Kudos to her
    Lana - hope you pick up some nice stuff for Teigan's birthday
    Lisa - hope you get all your work caught up
    Tricia - stay safe in the icy weather
    Jampss - I'm sure you'll manage getting DS awake

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Dinner was great last night! I had my usual filet mignon and DH has the roasted chicken. We got dessert and it was good too, they wrote Happy Anniversary on the plate. I have a headache this morning and I can't take any ibuprofen since it is 3 days before my procedure on my neck. Tylenol it is! Hopefully that will do something. I have work today from 8:15-12:15.

DH found out yesterday that the "unofficial" list for Sergeant Major will come out on the 21st (only certain people will have access, but hopefully we will hear from someone) and the official list on the 23rd, so we'll know next week whether he was chosen for promotion or not. Everything will finally come to a head and be decided so we can make decisions and move on with our lives one way or the other. I'm glad it's next week so there is time to change things for me if necessary.

Eli has his orthodontist appointment this afternoon and they will decide whether or not we need to keep turning his expander. We both sure hope not! It's getting pretty painful again in the evenings to turn it. I'm wondering if it's running out of space or if it's moved or something. We'll find out today. His palate has definitely expanded, there is quite a gap in his front teeth now.

Lisa- Hope the drama stays at home today, but you are right. It is inevitable when people are overworked and overtired and underappreciated. A morale boost is needed for sure!
    Lana- As much as weather like that is awful, I sure miss it. Stay safe driving home!
    Tricia- Rest and relax over the 3 day weekend!
    FS- Good for DD6! I hope she always keeps that confidence. That teacher shouldn't be acting like that, new or not.
    jampss- Good luck to you this morning as you try to wake the teen and get him ready for the appointment.
    Amelia- So sorry...there just aren't enough words to express. It's hard, plain and simple. Enjoy your cozy weekend together.
    Hi Debbie!

Enjoy your day!

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

Weather is crazy. We are to have the icky weather as Lana is. Cold, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and really cold temps. Tomorrow is to be 55*, and Sunday cold again! Yuck! Ugh! Ewwwww!

Got my groceries yesterday. Thank goodness for the gift card. Even if I did go over! But it is ok. I bought myself a long sleeved T shirt. It was only $4. I even got everything put away.

My new glasses came yesterday! I can see again! They are a bit bigger and not quite as black as I thought, so will take some getting used to. But I can see!

Amelia, so sorry about Sebastian. Maybe he will get better for an extra few days. Bless your heart. I know it is hard. One of my Cockers was named Sebastian. I love that name.
    FS, I wish I had some of your DD's spunk! It has only been lately that I will stick up for myself a little bit.
    Lisa, hope and pray that your day goes well.
    Lana, I bet Teigan is excited for her b/d! That age is so fun. Wasn't she just born yesterday?
    Trisha, say hi to your DGD for me. Hope your day is just what you need it to be.
    Jampss, was it fun getting DS up? I say that with tongue in cheek. I know your journey is difficult.

I had best get going. Things to do, people to see, and places to go. I need to jump in the shower. And get my butt in gear! Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Debbie and Jess. We were all posting around the same time!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Eli came downstairs this morning and put his journal in front of my face with a few entries for me to read. I'm worried about that kid. He seemed to be doing better at his new school and with the move to the new house, but now i'm not so sure. He is really hoping for DH's promotion so we can move out of Hawaii and to a new location altogether. He said that the kids at school say bad words and talk about inappropriate things and he hates his school. He says that we don't understand that he plays video games because he is lonely and it went on. I'll talk more with him this afternoon/evening when we have time since he had to get ready for school. I wish I could just pull him out and school him at home but I wouldn't know where to start, not to mention i'm not here a lot anymore with work and my own school (observations starting). However, that may change next week, we'll see. Something to think about.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

FS - your daughter is so confident! Good for her for standing up for herself.
    Amelia - I am thinking of you and sending big hugs.

I woke up to -37 with the windchill, it is supposed to warm up considerably by Sunday. I went into the city early this morning to go to the grocery store, dollar store and bulk food store, I just love doing my shopping when the stores are empty. As I was coming home I heard on the radio that there were two big accidents on the bridge that has to be taken to get to the university. The bridge was built quite low and close to the water, so the moisture freezes on the bridge and ends up being black ice. There have been several bad accidents this week with the extreme cold weather we have had, so K has decided to miss her one class today and stay safe. She does work later this afternoon, but in a different part of the city, so she will be fine driving.

I am enjoying a cup of tea and a scone and then I am going to get started on my master weekend list. I am really looking forward to getting things done around here.

Later.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    DS - I love that your dd stands up for herself

Cold here too -21C this Morning (-28C with windchill). Tomorrow will be even colder.
    So dd will not be home on Saturday - she wants us to come on Sunday to finish helping her.. will depend, snow in the forecast.
    DS has an activité tomorrow afternoon so ddil + baby+dog will spend afternoon, supper and probably the evening with us tomorrow.
    Will stop for groceries on the way home.

Later

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    6am here and we are off to DH father's today to do some clearing and cleaning, I am doing the bathroom:eek: while DH and his sister will tackle the bedroom. The house has to be reasonably tidy before DH father can come home from hospital. DSIL and I are both cleaning freaks so I think we will be tossing a lot of stuff. DH is a little more cautious so could be an interesting day.....wish me luck!

luludou likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

LC1 granddaughter is doing a Girl Scout Badge project. If anyone from one of these states would like to send her a state themed postcard she would be delighted. She is 8 years old. Thanks

PM me for an address. I do not want to post it here since this isn’t a secure website.

From her mom on FB:
    Peyton has made the half way point of her fifty state postcard search!! Here's the states she still needs!

For all who have sent or who are sending - THANK YOU!! She is loving getting mail!! And loving the beautiful postcards - she currently thinks we should go to Maine!

Arkansas
    Delaware
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Maine
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia

18. teachermomof2

Good afternoon!

I'm tired. It was a very productive work day. It was positive too. Our kids showed a lot of growth on their winter assessment. We just have to keep that going for the rest of the year. There's always a bit of tension between our two grade level teams, so that is an always interesting dynamic. Our new assistant principal showed some great leadership today. I was impressed.

Now I'm home with a headache. That tends to happen on these kinds of work days....could also be the weather changing. It's only 26*, but sunny. Looks like the snow will start tomorrow morning, changing to freezing rain and back to snow....but that could change.

Just started laundry....I'm going to make some tea and have a piece of coffee cake and take a short break.

Amelia......I'm so sorry. Sending hugs your way.
    Mel....a scone and tea sounds fabulous!
    Jessica...that's so sad about Eli. I hope he can find his niche in his new school. Kids are much more brazen these days in language and behaviors....I'm sure it is unsettling for Eli.
    Lucie...enjoy that family time!
    Lana.....a Frozen party! How fun!
    Waving hello to you all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

so dd just texted to say she will finally be home tomorrow. we did all our errands on the way home so we wouldn't have to go out tomorrow... really cold forecast. DH said we will go another time as we have already promised ddil she could come with Xavier and we bought the ingredients for chinese fondue and maybe some chocolate fondue if we feel like it.One load of laundry is in washer and took a hot bath (was freezing.. it's really cold out there).
    Stopped by dollarstore wanted some things to decorate the 3-tiered tray I got for Christmas... didn't find much :( I'll look at what I have here. wanted some small styrofoam cones to make some gnomes but they didn't have any either.
    good work day, makes it different from yesterday (lots of drama).

Some relaxation and tv tonight.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Seems several of us are having a relaxing, low-key night. DDIL's mom texted that she was going to stay tonight with DGS#2. When I got off, DH and I picked up DGS#2 and took him out to eat supper to give DDIL's mom a break. We dropped him back off about 30 minutes ago. DGS#1 is at his uncle's house (DDIL's brother) with his 1st cousin. I had plans to work at the new house, but DH said he's beat. I worry about him....seems to not have energy and endurance lately. I may suggest his being tested for sleep apnea...pretty sure his breathing isn't right at night.

The new roof was put on the "new" house today. I need to print the intent to purchase agreement and get it to the credit union. It seems our 1st agent has suddenly awakened. She sent an email Wednesday saying she had, "had time to look at our file". This, after she had been so ugly and said the "only thing she needed" was our intent to purchase. She asked for some additional information (that we have already given to them) and some we haven't.

Amelia, so sorry Sebastian isn't doing well. Such hard times at your house right now.
    FS, good for DD for standing up for herself!
    Jampss, how did the dentist visit go?
    Lucie, has DD seen Xavier, yet?
    Lana, will Teigan have frozen weather for her Frozen party? Such cute characters in that movie.
    Lisa, hope the weather conditions don't get too bad. Congratulations on the growth so far.
    Tricia, have a good 3 day weekend with DH. We don't get off Monday.
    Diedra, I looked for my state, but it's not on there. What a fun project!
    Debbie, if the weather is correct, it's really about to cool off there.
    Jess, how sad for Eli. That's a hard age and kids are so forward now days.
    Pam, good thing you got things done yesterday.
    Mel, I really wonder about the engineers who build things. A road built new us has been shut down for almost two years because it was unusable after being built. Glad DD didn't have to travel that way.
    Katrina, I hope the day has been productive.

Hope you all have a good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.