Fri-Yay November 22nd 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Nov 22, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

TGIF!!!

39586__santa-s-secret_p.jpg

Ahorsesoul, GrammaDeb and MrsSoup like this.
  2. luludou

So last night after we got home dnephew, his wife and 3 boys came over to bring us back the 2 twin beds.. dh will take care of those this weekend. I will order new bedding for the 2nd bed (I ordered for one but wanted to see what it was like).
    DDIL came over around 7:00 straight from work to get the dog and left around 9:30. Her feet were really swollen.
    This Morning at 7:00 they will try to turn the baby around at the hospital. If it works fine but it might induce labor or if it doesn't work they will Schedule a cesarienne to deliver the baby.
    I will be wearing jeans for tonight (we are going to play bowling) but I did bring another shirt to change if I decide to do so. Brought as little as possible with me because I don,t want to carry anything… so no gym this Morning!
    Finally, dh will work overtime until 10:00 so I will be going home with him - he will pick me up at the restaurant. Good thing too, roads are not the greatest this Morning, snow, freezing rain… yuck!

So for girl's night out… there are 12 of us in our team (13 with boss) but the girls who organized it invited just a few.. of course one of the others found out yesterday and is sad about feeling left out… geez I Don't miss all the that! should've moved my desk next Week. I knew it was a bad idea but wasn't the one organizing it. I NEVER go to those things usually. I would've invited everyone… but...

Have a good day!

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie, and all to follow.

Please keep your nasty weather up north, Lucie. I do not want it here! But our country is gonna have its own nasty weather next week! Yuck! Don't want it, don't need it! Yuck, again.

I made my my master list for Thanksgiving prep. I have much to do, MUCH to do. Need to organize it better. I will start the cleaning today. Next week, on top of all of it, I have Bible study on Monday, and a counseling appt. on Tuesday. That is at 8:15 in the morning. What in the world was I Thinking?

I should get dressed and get going on stuff. I need to go buy a padlock! Need to make a deposit, too. And I need to start putting the totes into storage. I will need to get more totes, eventually.

Lucie, your grandchild is gonna be here soon! Have the kids chosen a name? I am so excited for you, my dear friend!

Hope everyone has a great day! Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke up to an email from DS's Spanish teacher, seems he is failing and has missing assignments. :rolleyes: I'm not surprised in the least. He has missed a lot of school lately, probably at least one day a week (would have to check) due to diarrhea or whatever. If I take him to the doctor they will say it's his diet, which he refuses to change. He's a teenage boy. He has his own car, makes his own money...I can't force him to eat any which way. And so the cycle goes.

I have PT this morning. I tried to reschedule it for later in the day but he was all booked up. Our old Commander is having his Change of Command this morning and I would have liked to have gone with DH. Oh well. I woke up with a headache and would really just like to stay home if i'm being honest. It's very windy outside with the possibility of storms. I need to take my dress somewhere to be hemmed after PT and then I need to work on school work. This evening I want to get the big tree decorated finally. Everyone will be home.

Lucie- Hope they are successful in turning the baby. That is bad not to invite the whole team. Yikes! Some hard feelings are going to be had at the office and make everything awkward.
    Pam- Good luck with all your prep! Don't overdo it!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. Cold but sunny. We had rain earlier in the week and we're supposed to get more next week.

Dh has had a cruddy cough (and wheezes when he breathes) the past few days. He refuses to cover his mouth when he sneezes or coughs, so now I have the cough as does dd. We are not happy. Dayquil is my best friend.

I'm sitting with my neighbor while she sleeps, about ready to take out my crocheting and try to stay awake. If I feel okay when I'm finished here, I need to go grocery shopping.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Rain is starting and it's somewhere in the 50's.

Finished printing all the photos:). Now I can look into packing my scrapbooking stuff. It seems as if I am always getting ready to leave for somewhere. Don't know if I like it.

Buffy did an excellent turkey shoot:).. Walked her and played with her this morning and then got my pedicure. Just finished lunch and will go out and do some shopping a bit later. I believe it is pork chops for dinner.

Pam - take it slow and prioritize your cooking, etc.
    Deb - sorry you're feeling unwell
    Lucie - hoping for an easy, rapid birth for your grand-baby
    Jess - enjoy decorating with the family

7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Haven't been on in a few days. DH has been home sick most of the week. The kids are miraculously mostly healthy at the moment - lingering coughs, but that's about it.

DD8 has been so difficult lately we're looking at alternatives, be it homeschooling, a private school (only one I was aware of in our area closed) etc. She's mouthing off to both of us, which is new and acting so depressed and disinterested in the things she used to like. She wouldn't wear her Chritsmas shirt today because she learned at school that the word "Christmas" is offensive to those who don't celebrate. I argued that it was not. I asked her if she'd be offended if one of her classmates had a shirt that said "Happy Hanukkah" and she said "of course not! That would be wrong." I told her there was nothing wrong with her shirt either, but she insisted it was too offensive, and she's not sure if we should be celebrating the holiday at all. (I think her shirt said "I'm on the good list" with a picture of a gingerbread cookie in a Santa hat, so it's not like it was strongly religious or anything.)

luludou - I hope they can turn the baby and avoid a cesarean.
    Mrs. Soup - It's hard to control kids at that age. Does he skip classes or all due to health issues? I know when we were teenagers and DH got his job and his car he stopped going to school practically at all.
    GrammaDeb - Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope it passes quickly

8. MrsSoup

FS- Sorry DH is sick now, but glad that the girls seem to be on the upswing finally! That's tough with the attitude and the holiday attitude. Strange. DS couldn't skip school without me knowing, I get a phone call every time he's not there. haha Not like the old days when we used to skip and no one knew any different.

Deb- Hope everyone kicks the sickness quickly!

Debbie- Glad Buffy had a good time. I need a pedicure too!

9. luludou

Baby is turned, he is now upside down and ready to come out :) His name will be Xavier.

Yep it's a bit awkward this Morning at work… I am not getting into that, just minding my own.

FS - glad the girls are doing better - too sad about DD8, they must be picking on her which is why she doesn't want to put her Christmas sweater… Nothing to make her stand out amongst the others.

see you all tomrrow!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Great news! I love the name too :)

luludou likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Lucie - So glad to hear that Xavier is now facing the "correct" way and hopefully the birth will be a quick and easy one!

FS - we are getting silly about what to say/wear/do for the holidays, but I think DD8 it's more than that; awful that she is so miserable and it's hard to know what to do to help.

Two more boxes came today. I don't even remember what I should be expecting anymore!

luludou likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

As a labor and delivery nurse as I have seen patients do the cat back stretch
    exercise to get the baby to turn. It works for some. My girl friend was being wheeled into the surgery unit for a c- section when she tried this and delivered naturally a few minutes later. Try this right before she sees the doctor so they can monitor the baby’s heart rate.

luludou likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Great news, love his name.

14. sweetpumkinpye

good morning to you all,
    Saturday here and I have woken to a quiet house except for the neighbour who is playing Christmas carols!!. I would not mind except I think she only has 1 CD and I have heard "Frosty the Snowman" 11 times this morning. I might put some of my Christmas music on while I clean.

The boys have gone to DH fathers to try and make room for the hospital bed that will be delivered on Tuesday. The lounge room is crammed with furniture and junk so not sure where they will be moving it all to.Even though DH father told them to clear room for the bed I am sure there will be cross words from him when he gets home from hospital and he will be asking where his stuff has gone. :rolleyes:
    Poor DH, cannot win a trick there.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Steady day at work and now it's almost 4:00pm. It's quiet here, most of the office is empty. Home to do laundry (love getting it out of the way on Friday) and my usual routine of email, Facebook, blogs, a little scrapbooking, some rummaging around in a few totes to look for things to send my gift exchange partner. I have so many brand new things that I know I will never use, what better way to declutter than to pass things along. That's what working in a great gift shop will do for you - there was barely a day I worked that I didn't bring something home with me!

Craft fair tomorrow and a variety of errands. I made a list so I can go from one stop to another. Sunday will be relaxing. Just three days next week and then I'm off Thursday-Sunday.

Have a great evening!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Have Michael Buble music playing, beautiful.
    Found the jar that I thought I had lost, I can now make lip scrub for DD.

Am Spring cleaning the kitchen, last room on the long Spring cleaning list, will be glad to get it all done.
    Warming up here but not as hot as the last few days, not sure if the aircon will be needed today, I will keep up with the water consumption.
    DD is off to a music festival today, hope that she keeps safe in the sun.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I had my PT and then came home to grab my dress and shoes. Tank ate an ornament off the tree, a homemade salt dough tree decorated in glitter. It was broken in half and the string was laying beside it, so I guess he didn't eat it, just broke it. One of the kids made it years and years ago, i'm surprised it has held up so well. If that's all that he takes off the tree this year i'll be happy.

I decided to take my dress up to Schofield to be hemmed since they altered my last one as well. Then I sat in a parking lot waiting for a Change of Command to end because I didn't want to walk up while it was going. I followed DH to a Change of Responsibility for the lady he's taking over for, she's taking a 1SG position. Then we had lunch at a place on post. I picked up Eli and am now home. I could really use a nap but will probably drink coffee instead.

We have to talk to DS about his grades, if he can't handle working and school then he'll have to quit his job. I would still like to decorate the main tree tonight and get that knocked out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

Early afternoon here. I have messaged both DH and DS and have heard nothing so I can assume that they are flat out.
    I have sorted the prescriptions and the medicine cupboard and am half way through cleaning the cupboards in the kitchen, if I don't feel like finishing it today I will do it next week.
    Will stop for some lunch in a minute and decide how to spend the afternoon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. MrsSoup

Evening!

Katrina- I don't even your guys having to deal with all that.

DH and I talked with DS about his school stuff. He said he has already talked to his teachers and has it under control. We'll see. He wouldn't be sad if he had to quit his job so that isn't really a threat I guess. :rolleyes: I'm sure he would miss having his own money.

We went to Target and did some shopping. I got a Red Card so I can use my employee discount. You can only pay with cash or the Red Card. No idea why, stupid to me. We picked up the family pj's from Mrs. Claus and a couple presents and DH got some pants. We also bought new sheets for our bed. I was able to price match a few things but the cashier we had wouldn't price match Eli's expensive present with Amazon, which after the fact I looked at their policy and it clearly states they do price match to Amazon. I will be going back tomorrow to have it fixed. I knew they were supposed to but I wasn't going to argue, especially since I will be working there soon. Anyway, I got 5% off with the Red Card and then another 10% off with my employee discount, saved almost $60 total and picked up some key items.

Waiting on dinner to be done now and then we'll eat and get started decorating the tree.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

This day is done.
    I finished most of the kitchen, I need to just clean the drawers and the ceiling lights.

Boys were tired and dusty when they got home, I ordered pizza as a treat for all of their hard work. DH is already asleep and I don't think DS will be too long and he will be out too. I have had a bath and am ready for bed. We have all the windows opened and there is a cool breeze right through the house, we should sleep well.

Speak to you all tomorrow.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.