Fri-yay October 11 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 11, 2019 at 5:40 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

2. luludou

I did not take that picture but the colors around here are just that gorgeous, so sad it won't last long!

Been awake since 3:45. did gym and did the few exercises the pt gave me for my stability.
    Have posture classe at 12:30. Will pick up groceries on the way home have to bring apples, bananas, oranges, orange juice and cheese for the weekend. The other food I already have at home.

We will be able to get in the location earlier than 4pm on Saturday so we will probably leave after lunch. Parents, Brothers & sis will be there on Saturday too. Our kids, my niece and 2 other nephews will come for supper on Sunday. Just the 3 smaller ones (8 - 10) will be there on Saturday.

Have a great day

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. luludou

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

Fell asleep in my chair last night for a few hours. Awake a while, and then back to sleep till 7:30.

Will probably be home most of the day. It is to rain at least half the day. I still need groceries. I just hate to go. Everything is so high! I definitely need milk, butter, and bread. I need to study my checkbook to see how much I have.

Norm and I went to lunch and had a nice meal. Grilled boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were so good! I wanted mashed potatoes and gravy. But last time I had them at this restaurant, they were instant potatoes-yuck-and the gravy from a can. Norm got them with his chicken, and they were REAL. I tasted them and was so sorry I did not order them. I need to buy some taters today to make my own!

That's about it for me. Lucie, I wish our fall colors were as vivid as yours. The leaves are turning to dull colors, because we didn't have enough rain this summer. I love it when the colors just explode! THAT is fall.

Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Have the kitchen towels in dryer from washing this a.m.. Unloaded and loaded dishwasher and it is going and I handwashed a couple things and put them away.

Allen ran out of gas in my car this a.m. when coming back from school. So took him the can. My light came on a few days ago but didn't think about telling him and he saw it when taking Teig to school but he was going to come home and shower and then when getting mom fill it. Since I normally tell him he thought it just came on. (have 50 miles then---even tho we don't push it but guess I did)

Allen is taking mom to her court hearing this a.m.. She is filing bankrupt. Losing her house to taxes so the other 2 sisters and I told her to file.

We got 2" overnight.

We also got our dogwood tree covered with toilet paper last night. 12 rolls and a GREAT job. It was Teigan and Jaymee. Allen went out and caught them. Teigan can really throw the roll and does a super job!!! It was sold white but rained washed it all away.

Last night I woke up about 12:30 with such cramps. Got up and sat on stool for awhile. This a.m. felt yucky but better feeling now. Got flu shot on Monday but .....

Suppose I better go do some more.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Lucie, beautiful picture!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  6. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

It is sunny, but cold out - it really feels like Fall.

K has morning classes, but one has been cancelled. We have had several cases of whooping cough reported in our area and one of K's professors has it. Their midterm exam has been postponed until the teacher is able to return to work. That takes some of the pressure off of K and gives her more time to complete assignments and study for her other exams.

The kitchen has been cleaned and I have a load of laundry in the dryer. K and I will head to the city this afternoon for an appointment I have and then we will do the grocery shopping and run some errands.

I am going to drink my tea and do some journalling.

Have a great day!

7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got my printer working again just now. Now to work on posting pictures at sometime---future date.

Going to go do 13 snowmen face and then to Teigans room---just her current size clothes to sort and see what will stay and what will go.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We have been getting very loud and amazing thunderstorms since about 4:30 this morning. One bolt of lightning made the power go out for a second but it came right back on. Eli came into our room and asked if he could stay and I said no, it's just a thunderstorm. He had a little flashlight with him and went back to bed. The dogs were restless so there was no sleeping once it started for us. I'm downstairs now drinking coffee with the backdoor open listening to the thunder and rain. Glorious! We very rarely get storms.

Lots to do today to get ready for my trip. I need to take my preassessment and will probably do that shortly. I have a list of things to do and places to go today. DH is off so he will help.

Lucie- Man do I miss fall colors! My mom said the leaves are just starting to turn so i'll get to see some color when i'm there. But I think the only time we've had color that vibrant was in NY. Beautiful! That blog post is where I live! I've been to Big City Diner and the Tantalus Lookout where the cover photo was taken. Small world!
    Pam- Glad you had a nice meal with Norm.
    Lana- Sorry for your mom. Haha on the TP!
    Mel- Yikes, whooping cough!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul, luludou and GrammaDeb like this.
  9. luludou

Jess - I did think of you when I read the blog!
    Posture class was hard - I'm done for the day ;)

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Wedding day today and i will be busy all day. Will try and post later

GrammaDeb, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

K and I got everything done in the city and enjoyed a nice, early dinner. We are home now and have put away the groceries and K has started her laundry She will be working on school work for the rest of the night and I am going to get some odds and ends done.

Later.

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Crazy busy couple of days at work, end of the payroll period and with all the timekeeping issues we've had for the past ten days, I was scrambling to help people with their data entry. Bus was empty this morning, lots of people took today off to make a four-day weekend. Planner meet-up tomorrow then some errands, devoting all of Sunday to organizing the garage, and then relaxing on Monday, a little online Christmas shopping and trying to get my blog organized. Just waiting for Sophia's photo and the MHH Christmas Card Exchange address list to order my cards.

I'm off to fold laundry and watch Outlander. Seasons 1 and 2 were on Netflix but I had to sign up for STARZ to watch any more.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well, had my printer working and then went to print a school calendar and it isn't connected it says and now won't go back on. Have had this a year almost. First night I hooked it up fine and seems to go off and I can't get it back on and if I do goes off.

Allen put pork chops in the oven with alittle water in pan and sprinkled them with a packet of Italian dressing and baked them nice and slow. Were so good and tender. I suggested either baking that way or putting in instant pot. Had a baked potato and salad with them.

Started working on my desk area.

14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Sat with neighbor all morning - she slept the entire time, and I crocheted. Came home and had lunch and then a nap. I bought Taco Bell to go for dh and me for dinner, while dgd & dgs were at gymnastics and swim. Dh & I watched Three Men and a Little Lady and now we're watching Toy Story 4. I'll wash up the day's dishes and call it a day. Not a particularly productive day, but a good day none-the-less.

Have a good weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I took my preassessment and passed, will take my objective assessment first thing in the morning once DH leaves for work and then be done with this class. I have been working on packing but am going to have to redo everything I think. I looked at the weather for where i'm going and it's 37* right now and supposed to be back and forth between lows in the 30s/40s/50s and highs in the 50s/60s. DH pulled out the winter clothing tote and brought me in a hat to take. I pulled out a few sweaters and the liner for my winter coat to take with me. Everything is being washed and dried now. I'm going to freeze after living on the island for 2 years.

DH and I spent most of the morning and early afternoon running errands. I got my background check paperwork mailed off finally, picked up my ceramic pineapple plate that I painted, got rum and rum-infused coffee for my mom, did some things for DH and came home. DH and DD went to the Commissary this afternoon while I stayed home and studied and then took my test.

Goodnight friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.