Friday Friday February 21, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is about 17 this a.m. and only to be in 30s.

Work and home to see what it brings!

I just have to get my ring and I am ready to leave. Teigan just walked in!!!!

Have a GREAT day!!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Feeling much better today so I'm heading to the bus. No doubt two days' worth of work crammed into one will keep me busy today. I don't have much planned for the weekend - grocery shopping, chores - and I'm hoping to connect with a contractor so he can look at the side of the house. We have some defective siding that needs to be replaced as well as a door frame and door. Spring is coming, it's time for home improvement!

Hope you all have a great day and a fun weekend!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's cold here 28 feels like 18 supposed to get up in the 40's. DH took a personal day so he's off today, with him being off will have to remember it's Friday not Saturday lol We'll get some bills paid, the rest of the day we'll just go with the flow.

Hi Lana
    PamelaG glad you're feeling better.

Have a good day all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Our local bakery posted they had gluten free filled donuts this morning. I rushed out the door. They had four left when I arrived at 7:45. She said people were knowing at the door at 6:45 for these. I’ll have to start getting up earlier.

Fresh coffee and donuts are the best part of waking up.

girlsinmo likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Yesterday DH's paperwork was pushed forward (sorry if i'm repeating) so now it just has to be signed by the Chief of Staff here and then sent up to HRC and it will be good to go. I say "just" like that is something quick but it will probably take at least 2 more weeks, sure hope not! He emailed his Branch Manager yesterday and asked if it were possibly to begin looking at assignments since the paperwork had been signed/approved thus far and there wasn't any reason it shouldn't be with the last signature. We'll see what they say, hoping they will begin to work with us but they may tell us to kick rocks until it's fully signed.

I had my hair appointment so it's now refreshed and then we ate dinner at Outback. We picked DS up something on the way home (he's picky) and brought it back for him. I'm heading to school today and then i'll come home and work on my task. It's due on Sunday so I have a lot to do before then. I narrowed my topic down to 3rd grade Government/Civics. I'm going to do citizenship, Bill of Rights, Constitution, Parts of Government, Why do we need local government and government goods and services. I found all my state standards that align with those lessons now I just need to make measurable outcomes and then finish the rest of the lesson plan and plan a field trip. It's really a lot more work than what i'm saying here but I don't remember all the small parts they want.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's in the 50's today! Just wish it was sunny.

The local yarn shops are starting a crawl today so I went to the only one I could get to and entered myself in the drawings. Got three hanks of yarn. Met a delightful lady, Dot, who does genealogy and we spoke about that for a bit. She offered to help if I have problems. I'm going to work harder on organizing the stuff I have.

Picked up some odds and ends at Publix. DH and I have our yearly cooking class at the local store so we will be doing New Orleans cooking tonight. Looking forward to that - and to lunch with friends tomorrow.

Pamela - glad you're better. I'm sure that the "downtime" helped
    Tricia - the days of the week do get confusing;)
    Jess - so what is DH (and you) looking for?
    Lana - pretty cold by you
    Diedra - I guess you'll have to be there at 6:30

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! another sick day for me. Called doc and there were no appointments left.... so I left a message (secretary wanted to give me an appointment next Tuesday... too late!)... he called back 3:45 and said get here before we close at 4:00... good thing I wasn't in pj's today! they had just locked the door when I got there (there was a foot of snow on the car... had to wipe off window before going).
    So I've got a respiratory infection... antibiotics for 5 days and ventolin pump. I've been coughing all day with , sneezing and eyes watering. A rotten day, didn't do anything. Now he says I'm contagious (probably was all week, he says the cough is contagious) for 3 days with antibiotics, so won't be seeing my baby this weekend :( but hey I don't want to give it to him. Dh will be working late tonight . Told him I wasn't making supper so he will pick something up for himself.
    Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Saturday here and I do not have much on my list as I did most things yesterday. I need to vacuum.
    I have a beef roast in the Insta Pot, I will add carrots, celery, garlic and taco seasoning and pull it later to have with tacos or tortillas. If we don't eat it tonight I will freeze it for another night.
    Think I will clean out the stock pile today and see what I have and make my meal plan for the next week or so.

DH is still at the hospital, not sure how much longer he will be there. I am ready for him t come home. DH father will pass when he is ready, DH has been there for 5 days so I think that he has done enough. He needs to be home and get some rest. I am not sure what he will do. Today is our 34th anniversary and it would be nice to spend a bit of the day with DH.

I hope that all that are feeling unwell are feeling better very soon.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lucie, So glad the Dr got you in!

Talked a bit to LC1’s mom. She says she is doing fine and will come for the mail. The hospital is doing physical therapy on LC but LC isn’t moving on her own. They were not able to discontinue the ventilator. She is being treated for an infection but they only know she has an infection by her white blood count. No idea of where it is.

This morning I stopped by the community college. If I drop off a job description they will put it out to the people in the Caregiver Program. My homework for this weekend.

I did some drywall repair in DDs bathroom. She pulled the towel bar off the wall. I will replace it with a extra long grab bar. Dh helped put glass shelves into one of the hutches. Then I unpacked a box of nicknacks. DD folded up all the packing paper. The box we will fill with donate item since Dh took a box to drop off this morning. He also took one of the glass shelves to the glass shop. The movers had broke one shelf so we are replacing it with plastic. Pretty soon the whole place will be unbreakable.

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Ten years ago when my Dad had a heart attack he was in the hospital. He was able to tell my stepmom and me to go home for the night. He was adamant that we leave. I dropped off my stepmom (next door to the hospital) made the 4 minute drive home. Hospital called 20 minutes later to say he had died. Some people want to be alone. I think it would be fine if your DH comes home.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina - Happy anniversary.
    Diedra - love seeing pictures of what you are doing with the house. Can't wait to see what Janes does with her new house too.

Watching some tv and knitting.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Diedra that is what I was thinking. My mil wouldn’t let go because she needed to have his permission. He was talking to her and telling her to go to sleep. (For the night) I leaned down and whispered dad said to go to sleep in Jesus. She passed that night. Fil passed after sil went home to eat something and change clothes. She didn’t think we called her soon enough and was upset with me for turning off the oxygen that nurse told me to turn off. Her thinking was she wouldn’t have missed out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

School was great today. We did Scholastic News this morning and there was an article about a book on bullying written by a 10 year old girl. The class was very interested in it so I ordered it for the class. I told the teacher what I was doing and she said I didn't need to do that, but I said it would be a thank you from me for letting me observe and be in their room. I told her I was also buying them all rulers. haha I think they eat them. o_O

DS received his login today for his new private virtual school. He is able to access all of his courses (4) so he can get started. I had a phone call with his success coach and she was a little hard to understand due to her accent. She is Hispanic and has kind of a thick accent. She also teaches a couple foreign languages for the school I believe. Not sure if she is one of DS's teachers, but she might be. I will withdraw him from his high school on Monday if I have time, if not then Tuesday after DD's appointment.

Debbie- How fun, a yarn crawl! I hope you can get together with Dot sometime. I really need to go back to Kansas probably for the least resistance in finishing up my degree in a timely manner without having to redo some of the things from this term, like my PCE or testing. They have the same PCE requirements. Several of the other places we talked about before have very different requirements and that would hurt me. I'm just hoping wherever we end up works with me on what i've already completed and I don't have to redo anything as it would be a total waste of time, especially since I asked my program mentor if it would be best to take a term break and she said no.
    Lucie- So sorry! I'm glad you were able to get seen though. Take care of yourself.
    Katrina- I hate to say it but DH's father could hold on for a very long time yet. You are right, he will pass when he is ready. Life has to go on for others.
    Diedra- Sorry to hear LC1 is still doing poorly.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

The appraiser called DH today, and she will appraise the house Tuesday at 3:30. We were under the impression that the owners were the ones she would notify. I think I have time to paint at least one more bedroom before she comes, but I'm absolutely exhausted.

I was so sleepy today. When I came home from work, I put on my pajamas, got in the bed, and took a two hour nap. When I awakened, DH had gone to a local restaurant and gotten supper. I had planned to cook chicken strips. I need to clean out the refrigerator, see what we have in the freezer that needs to be cooked - found a roast earlier this week I didn't know we had - and make some menu plans. Tomorrow, I'm going to clean house and do some packing.

Diedra, I'm sorry to hear that LC1 isn't doing well. Things at the new house seem to be coming together. Did you wear your mask and gloves to work on the dry wall?
    Katrina, happy anniversary. I hope DH can make it home for y'all to spend some time together.
    Lucie, oh, my! Thank goodness you got to the doctor. You be sure and take care of yourself.
    Jody, it's so upsetting to some people when people pass, and there's always reasoning in their minds that if things were done differently, it wouldn't have happened. There's an elderly lady from our church who's just hanging on day by day. The daughters are taking turns sitting with her to shake her awake and talk to her if she stops breathing.
    Lana, it was cold here today, too, but not as cold as you all are!
    Pamela, nothing like having to go back to two days of work to make up. I hope the repairs aren't too expensive.
    Tricia, having random days off always messes with my sense of what the days are.
    Debbie, what foods did you cook tonight? A yarn crawl sound interesting.

Hope you all have a good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DH got home around 5.00 last night. It was nice to have him home. I said much the same, maybe his father wants to die when no one is there. The nursing staff are saying that someone needs to be there if possible so that is what we have tried to do. DH sister is there today and I am not sure what will happen tomorrow.

missjane, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.