Friday Friday October 26th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Howdy!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am off today so a 3 day week-end!

I need to run to Mt. Vernon so that will mean dinner out probably.

Have lots to do but need to work on sewing for the 12 Days of Christmas!

Tonight Trunk or Treat at church.

Pam, so glad Lindsey came home. Praying she will stay.

I better go shower!

Have a GREAT day!

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!! Hello Lana!!

Hubby's parents are coming to visit for the weekend. I woke up at 4am with a spasming back so... I stayed up and got working. Back is feeling better. I have 2 small pans of lasagna and more pumpkin bread already done. I just need to finish up the black bean chipotle soup and make cornbread muffins right before supper.

House is clean and ready for company.... except for the kitchen. Wash a sink full of dishes and that problem will be solved.

I will likely need a nap since I got up so early and have been so busy.

Hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy the last weekend in October!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and cool here today.

Up early and accomplished quite a bit - laundry from camper (bedding, etc.) started and a bit of neatening up done. Made 4 jars of soup mix for holiday gifts with gift cards hidden in them. Will make some jars with candy too. Never got around to wrapping yesterday but thought about it a lot;)

Jane - thank you for the good advice. I've always tried to wear shoes with good arches - even my sandals
    Carrie - enjoy the company in your clean house
    Pam - glad that Lindsay is back - hope all else is well
    Lana - enjoy your long weekend

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

So we didn't buy the combined bath/shower set yesterday and dh just left me a message... he changed his mind they will both be independant (was a combined because it took less space). I don't mind, will cost half the price and if Something breaks you don't have to change the whole thing. And more choices for the bathtub!
    Then I returned my red Christmas truck (mom bought me the same one). I did see a beautiful Christmas house of Graceland with lights and Elvis signing... and I got all teary-eyed watching the different Christmas d├ęcorations (must be hormones! ;)) Got home at 8:45. yuck!

Gym this morning and paid renewed my subscription for another year. Not much going on. My desk will be moved at the office next week... it's a perpetual game of changing places. It's ok, will be closer to the person I work with... however still keeping same neighbors except for nice man besides me :( Cw that is always angry and not a very nice person told me I was the only one who spoke to her and she was lucky to have me.?!

DH has guitar lessons tonight and I'll be starting laundry.

Debbie - I had plantar fascitis (in fact tendon broke Under one foot and stretched on the other one)... took 3 years for it to hurt less but I couldn't take antiinflammatories. Janes made great suggestions. I'd like to add the thing that helped me was laser treatment by podiatrist. Wasn't perfect but it helped. And you can go on YouTube and find exercises to do and self-massages.
    Jane - Spanis was good yesterday. When we bring Something to read it helps with the conversations, questions and to practice our accents :)
    Pam ... well Halloween is close.... she's back!!! wooo scary ;)
    Katrina - good job on the weight loss.

Later

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I was going to go on a check ride with DH this morning for the Company, but it was raining with more coming and I didn't want to be wet all day, so I stayed home. Good thing because Eli is still coughing to the point of gagging so I decided to keep him home and have scheduled him an appointment for later this morning. He has been coughing for just over a week now and it's getting worse, runny nose as well. Just want to make sure it's not bronchitis or anything like that. He can stay home and rest and maybe we'll make pumpkin muffins and zucchini bread or muffins today. I will work on schoolwork as well.

This evening is the Brigade Sustainer Palooza. We plan on going (depending on what the doctor says). I guess we can always put a mask on Eli to protect him and others so he can still Trunk or Treat. We don't have to stay long. DS thinks he doesn't have to go to work tonight and he can go in on Sunday to "make it up". I get that the Commissary job is flexible being that he works for tips. However, it's still a responsibility, preparing him for a not flexible job and I told him that he will go to work because it's his designated day. He didn't like that much. He wants to stay home and chill. Nope, don't think so. He just wants to be lazy. Then he won't want to go in on Sunday because he won't want to work two days in a row. He's not liking that he has work M, W, F and Drivers Ed T, TH. The class will be over by Thanksgiving and then he'll have nothing on T, TH. Ugh! Teens!

Better run!

Pam- Glad that Lindsey came back.
    Lana- Enjoy your day off!
    Carrie- I'm coming to your house to eat!
    Debbie- What kind of soup mix do you make?
    Lucie- Glad you could return one truck so you didn't have two.

Enjoy your day!

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon.

It is a cloudy cold day here. My sticker for my license plate has not arrived yet. So I cannot drive anywhere till I get it. Makes me mad. I thought last year was bad. This year is even worse.

So glad my cable and wifi are back on. Will have to be thinking about some changes in the near future. One good thing is I have gotten so much done around here. Got my kitchen cabinets straightened up. Went thru more stuff. Living room is almost completely done. Sewing table is almost done. Things are moving along.

Well time for another cup of coffee. My tailbone is really hurting. This time next week, I will be getting prepared or my surgery. Can't come soon enough!

Hope you are all having a blessed day.

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. rainy and cool today. good day to clean the guest room . cleaned out the closet and made one bag of clothes i dont need for goodwill. have a good evening

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good afternoon,

Another round of goodbyes as today was my final Lunch Bunch. We went a German restaurant and I had a delicious schnitzel sandwich and lots of fun conversation but it was so hard to say goodbye, hardest of all the goodbyes so far. Went teary-eyed back to my car, my mood matched the weather as it was pouring outside.

Vic is coming home tonight instead of tomorrow so I'll be heading out to pick him up from the airport later. In the meantime, I think a nice cup of tea and some Great British Baking Show might be just what today calls for.

Have a great weekend!

10. MrsSoup

Pam- Glad to have you back! I hope your tag comes soon!
    Faye- Rainy here today too. Actually it seems like it's rainy in a lot of places today judging by my FB feed.
    Pamela- I love a good schnitzel sandwich! Sorry you had a hard goodbye today, one downfall of this military life. Glad Vic is coming tonight.

I just pulled cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins out of the oven. They smell delicious. They are cooling right now so haven't tasted them yet. They are made with Almond Milk and you're supposed to use coconut oil but the oil I have isn't liquid so I used vegetable instead. I'm not super familiar with coconut oil so I wasn't sure if I don't have the right kind or something and the recipe said you could use another type. In the short video clip of the recipe their coconut oil was a liquid and mine isn't, maybe they just heated it to make it a liquid. I don't know. LOL Does anyone here know? I wanted to use it to make them healthier. Oh well.

In about 20 minutes we'll leave for Eli's appointment. I let him have some hot chocolate because I thought the warmth would help some with his coughing. It's been raining off and on. I drove DD to school this morning which means I have to pick her up this afternoon. I might make zucchini bread later or maybe i'll save it for tomorrow and let DD do it. She likes to do it. We have to make the Halloween sugar cookies this weekend too.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

A good morning to you all.
    A pretty Saturday here. Had a bit of a lie in which was nice.
    Last night DH and I went to the Australian War Memorial to look at a gorgeous display to commemorate 100 years since the end of WW1. The display consists of 62.000 hnd made poppies that are laid in a pattern on the lawn of the War Memorial. One poppy for each life lost. Mum and I volunteered by knitting a few poppies. It was breathtaking and so sad all at once. We then went inside to the Roll of Honour and found one of my ancestors. Will post photos to Facebook later today.

Just about to pick up DD and mum, go to brunch and then we are going to see A Star is Born. Should be a nice day. Need to do a few chores when I get home particularly the huge mountain of laundry that needs folding.

Better rush,

12. MrsSoup

Doctor didn't really say much about Eli's cough, just gave him some cough medicine and some liquid Sudafed. The cough medicine said it may cause drowziness but not for Eli. I gave it to him as soon as we got home and he's still going. That was a couple hours ago. We've eaten lunch, i've watched some recorded shows and finished taking notes from the podcasts for this week's unit. Just need to do the packet notes now. I'll have to go pick up DD in a while.

Katrina- I would love to see that display, sounds beautiful. I have a tattoo of a poppy on my right shoulder to represent the military service in our families.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jess - ever tried the mustard poultice for Eli's chest? put mustard on a wet rag. fold so he doesn't have it directly on chest and leave a few minutes take off before it burns. It usually helps alot with the coughing.

Went to see more bath & showers tonight, will go back next Thursday... yuck! Dh is off to guitar lessons. I am doing laundry and just doing nothing.... Halloween movies all night. started with Ghostbuster now.

A bit cold... saying -8C tonight. Yikes! just started the fireplace. Think I'll go take a hot bath and put my pj's on.

My to-do list for the weekend is ok.

Night.

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

Saw A Star is Born - Katrina - you will enjoy it. My friend who went with me had seen all three versions and said this is the best
    Lucie - thanks for the additional plantar suggestions
    Pam - glad your electronics are all back
    Pamela - nice that Vic could get back early
    Faye - good work decluttering
    Jess - lots of baking!

Paid bills and ate some good jambalaya at the cajun restaurant. Going to knit some while watching tv.

15. wadeallie

wadeallie Active Member

Hello all.
    Chilly evening here. We are expecting snow 2-4 inches in the higher elevations and just rain in the valleys, so tomorrow will be wet.
    I spent today trying to catch up on house chores as I have been working some long hours the past 2 weeks and getting my CPR recert finished. Now I am good for another year.
    Jess: Coconut oil usually sold in the stores has a melting point of 76 degrees but in stores it is often solid. I use it in my soapmaking and during the summer months it is always liquid so I don't have to dig it out of the jar.
    Well I'm just checking in.
    Stay warm!!
    ~Allison

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I used coconut oil until I read that it can raise your LDL cholesterol. What I noticed was it make my dishwasher greasy.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/coconut-oil-has-more-saturated-fat-than-lard/

MrsSoup likes this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We're home from the ballgame and all tucked in. DH is on his iPad, and I'm on my laptop. We're watching the World Series game. Since the Cubs didn't make it in, we're rooting for the Red Sox. It's DSonIL's favorite team.

It's a busy weekend, and I want it to be anything but that. I'm in a real nesting mood and just want to be home. Speaking of being home. I have a CW whose last day is next Wednesday. She sent me a sign today that says, "Hang tough. It's almost over." Our former boss who passed away last year gave it to CW when she retired and now, she's passing it on to me. I supposed I'll have to find out who the next retiree after me will be and pass it to them. I decluttered the entry table and an end table before we went to the game. I collect way too many recipes!

Deidra, thanks for the link. I've always taught my students that tropical oils are not healthy, and when this new promotion to eat it and that it helps with weight loss started, I had to wonder. I'm glad someone is addressing it's being pushed as healthy. It's sort of like when they told us to use margarine and shortening, only to realize years later that they are transfats which are even more unhealthy than saturated fats.
    Allison, we're looking at temps close to 80 in a couple of days. Hard to imagine anyone getting snow!
    Pamela, must be hard to have to keep adjusting and leaving friends.
    Jess, that's a teenager for you. Hope Eli gets better quickly.
    Debbie, jambalaya sounds good. I haven't made it in a while.
    Lucie, that's strange how they keep moving people's desks. Hmm..odd about the comment form cranky CW. If you're the only one who's nice to her, maybe she sees you as an ally instead of an enemy!
    Katrina, I don't know if I'm friends with you on FB or not, but I hope I am so I can see the pictures. I love poppies! I bet it was stunning. And how neat that you are your mom are a part of it.
    Faye, I did the same thing last night in our guest closet. That's about all that kind of weather is good for...staying inside and working.
    Carrie, black bean chipolte soup sounds good. Hope you got to rest some today and that you rest well tonight since you have company.
    Pam, glad you're "plugged in" again!
    Lana, you always seem to get so much accomplished.

Okay...I'm off to bed, everyone. Don't know if I can last this whole game. Bridal shower at church at 10 in the morning. Night, everyone. Praying you all rest well.

18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jane, will look for you and add a friend request.

Had brunch with mum and DD which was nice and then did a little bit of shopping. Got a few more things for under the tree for DD BF. A Star is Born was good.
    Home now and DH has curry in the slow cooker, smells great.