Friday - January 11 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 11, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH Wolrd

2. luludou

It's a cold one here this Morning and the forecast is cold until at least next Friday - it is January after all!
    Went to bed at 9:15 and woke up only a few times, less coughing. Did gym.
    Can't wait for this Week to be up! I know I only did 3 days but guess I only had the Energy for as much.

Have a good day

3. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

Morning.. winter has returned with a vengence here.. snow snow snow and bitterly cold. I’m under. Blanket drinking coffee warming up this morning.

Katrina I love how you and your mom share the love of Christmas and plan all year long,,
    Lucie I hope u kick this cold soon
    Pam I need to stock up my pantry to

Need another coffee will be back later
    Waving hi to everyone!!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

No snow here but I wish we had some snow cover for my plants. I'm wondering how many will not make it over this winter.

I have paperwork to do today. Two reports. I've lost my Quicken file so I'll have to hand enter a years worth of bank statements.

DD is up and is really talkative this morning. And is telling everyone how to do things. Going to be a long day. lol

We have not finished the puzzle we started last weekend. It's 2000 pieces and we are not working our normal 8 hours a day on it. LC22 will be glad to see there still is some puzzle to work on when she comes tonight.

There was a girl missing for the last three months. Her parents were shot and she was just gone. She was found yesterday still in Wisconsin alive. We think someone had here captive up in northern Wisconsin in a logging area. She will have a rough recovery.

Hope everyone gets a good start on the weekend.

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Morning!!

I am not having a good day. Slept fitful from 2am to 6am. Didn't register why until I got up and found out I had limited feeling in my foot. So frustrating. Hip isn't bad enough for a replacement but bad enough to drive me crazy.

It is raining/snowing out so I am sure that is contributing to my pain. I am hoping we get dumped on. It is so dry here. We planted grass this fall and it needs significant moisture and we just haven't gotten it yet. Weird for us to not get more snow this time of year.

I have half of my housework done. Taking a short break. Will finish up after breakfast.

Gotta shoo Kiddo off to school.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Nothing really planned for me today except to catch up on what I didn't get done yesterday. I think i'll start the day after the kids get off to school by starting my hand knit project so that there's no excuses why it hasn't at least been started. I wanted to get it done this week and starting it has to happen first. LOL Then i'll move on to other things. DH is working the afternoons this weekend so i'll have that time to get things done too.

DD has Band after school but he broke it up so her woodwind section isn't meeting until an hour after school is over. :rolleyes: She doesn't want to sit at school for that hour, wants to come home and then be taken back, but then they are only practicing for 40 minutes so I would have to go right back and get her. I told her to just take her Kindle and read, that's what I would do. Because i'm not running back and forth all afternoon. DS said he would pick her up on his way home from school, but he'll be late because he doesn't get out until 2:30. She might as well just stay there. I'm going to talk to her more about it this morning. She's ridiculous. She also has girl scouts tonight.

Lucie- Glad you are getting better and more sleep!
    p.a.- Stay warm and enjoy that beautiful snow. :)
    Diedra- Sorry about your file. :( 2000 pieces is a lot!
    Carrie- So sorry about your hip and foot.

Enjoy your day!

7. horsemama

horsemama Member

Morning!
    I just had a verbal going over by a potential customer...all because I asked a question. Ugh. I'm in accounting not customer service, so I'm not used to dealing with that. When I responded to him my voice cracked...I hate that. What a great start to my day LOL.

Tonight after work I hope to get the final couple Christmas things put away. Then this weekend I can get the house cleaned. I've been going thru photo albums and picked a few photos to go in my gallery wall. Now I have all those photo albums to put away. :rolleyes:

We're expecting snow Saturday, but only an inch or so. We've hardly had any snow so far this year, but I'm not complaining. I like snow to a degree...it's pretty coming down (when it's a quiet snowfall without much wind) and it looks pretty on the trees...it just gets messy to drive in.

Have a great day!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! I'm back in Tampa. It started out in the 40's this morning but is supposed to hit 70. I believe it will be possible to shed two of the three layers that I left the house with this morning.

DH and I were us a 6 to go to the base and get me a new ID card. Had breakfast at the DFAS and then shopped in the commissary. We had to buy a new refrigerator and it came yesterday so it was a big trip to fill it up - at least partially - since everything that was in it when it died is gone. Also got our Internet fixed yesterday. Things are actually going pretty close to schedule.

Need to sort through some things in the house and finish putting the food away. DH needs to powerwash the lanai

It should be a quiet weekend. I'd like to see the new RBG movie so that might be my agenda.

Horsemama - I have several gallery walls for different sorts of pictures - love the idea
    Jess - wow! any of us would love to have a free hour to sit and read on our kindle
    Lisa - glad you made it through the week
    Lucie - happy to hear your finally getting better
    Katrina - I'm impressed that you've got so much planned already
    Diedra - hope those reports are not too time consuming
    Carrie - feel better
    pa - stay warm

To all - it's great to be back!

9. Lori K

Lori K Member

Greetings, all! So thankful it's Friday. This week has been a struggle on many different fronts and I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Hoping to get to sleep in a little tomorrow. Chicago weather is supposed to take a turn some time after midnight -- north side will likely get just a dusting, but far southwest 'burbs could get 1-3". Planning on stopping by the store after work to pick up a few things needed for my menu plan over the weekend -- hoping I don't have to go out, except to walk my pup. Other than that, I just need to get the folding table in my office area (my gift wrap station) put away and maybe damp mop the kitchen/family room floor. Have a great weekend, if I don't get back here tomorrow!
    -- Lori K

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Up early to head to the farm. I was going to try and do more painting but it is going to be 38c there (100 i think) so might be too hot to paint. Will try and do some paint prep and maybe clean the glass in our french doors. I have taken a book so if it gets too hot I will sit and read or take a nap.
    Hope you all have a great day.
    Much love

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon, yes its cold but still beats the heat. got a carmel apple spice drink from starbucks on the way home yummy calling for snow here over the weekend we will see. have a good night stay warm

12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

MJ and i went to lunch at Steak n Shake. It was really good. Most of our food was not hot, except for the coffee and baked beans. So they comped our coffee. We were hungry and did not want to have to wait. We were satisfied with it, I guess.

Came home and have not done a thing. Just on the iPad. Lord, why am I so lazy?

No word on my sister in law. I am most concerned about my brother.

I have a bunch of laundry to still put away. I really should be going thru my closet and purging. I will soon. It must be done! Tomorrow I will make chili in the crockpot, and clean up the kitchen. Oh, and put away any Christmas stuff that is still out. I just forget to do it. Lol

We are now predicted to get 4-7" of snow starting late tonight until morning. We have only had a dash or two of white crap so far this season. I guess one white crap fall is ok, as long as it stays off the roads! I plan on staying in this weekend. Got plenty of food. So I should be ok. Hope each of you will be ok, too. Carrie, feel better! Stay safe and be blessed!

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have been busy this week. I am sorting through stuff I pull out of the craft/sewing room. and trying to pare it down. I took some to the teacher I volunteer for in the classroom. I have been to the doctor and dentist. Have medical test to complete and a crown to be had. The dentist is so sweet, she was going to try and just redo the filling and make it better food gets caught and inflames the gums) I knew that the filling was large and asked if it shouldn't have a crown, she said yes that would be the best way, I said then just do it. She breathed a sigh of relieve and said I know that you have had a lot of work do recently... I told her I would rather have her do it correctly than have trouble with it and deal with it again. She walked out thankful. I will start the process next Friday.

Just finished taking Christmas down....I was enjoying it. DH helped it was nice and went down quickly. I just saw an item that didn't get put away. and purposely left out and angel from Party Lite that is all white. I want to rearrange the room so I can leave a puzzle out to work on. I think I just need to move one piece of furniture and I think it will work until spring.

DS took a neighbor up on a new bed. It was slept on for a week and they found it too firm and got another one. They would not let him pay anything for it. He told me his mattress was hurting his back, I asked if he turned and and he looked at me funny Lol. I guess I forgot to teach him.

Diedra I am getting the news about the missing girl here on the Chicago news.
    Jessica, DD doesn't realize how quickly that hour will pass especially if she starts visiting with her band mates.
    Horsemama, I have worked in customer service, most people that give you a chew out are angry about something unrelated to the issue. This is when a tell myself "be a duck" don't take it personally and let it roll off like water on a duck's back.
    Carrie, What time does DS start school, you must get up really early to get so much done before he leaves. I was up early, but I do my devotions first thing because I find it harder to "get to" later in the day. I usually come away with something to ponder. Hope your feeling better soon.
    Debbie H, a new refrigerator, nice yet, if not planned not so nice. Welcome back home to Tampa and hope to hear from you more.
    Lori, I am north of Chicago, near the WI border and we may get only flurries.
    Katrina, DS call DH and I out last night because we didn't start the painting we planned (well I planned for DH) yet. He had to patch the wall in a couple of spots so we could paint. Oops!
    Faye, Your Starbucks sounds tasty.
    Lucie, it takes time to get energy back. I know you have a to do list just remember to add rest to it.

Have a good day....

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Pam continue prayers for DB and Sil. Chili is on the menu at our house next week.:)

15. MrsSoup

Hi again!

I started on my knitting project! I ran Alice, steam mopped and then went to the Community Center and picked up replacements for two light bulbs, the water filter in the refrigerator and the A/C. Came home and replaced all those things and did some more hand knitting. I just finished the first skein and have 3 rows I think. I realized that I did it wrong so had to rip half of it out. I just knitted the entire skein in one row (thought it looked awful long) and I wasn't supposed to do that, so decided how long I wanted it (6 feet) and then ripped out to that point and turned and started another row. I've taken a few breaks because i'm doing it at the table, easier that way, and it's a bit hard on the back since i'm sitting on the bench. I'll keep working in spurts and finish up by the end of the weekend for sure. I could finish today if I just continually worked on it.

I washed some hand wash/delicate items of mine and handwashed some dishes. Worked on the alcove near the front door as well. I need to vacuum a chair and find a place for it and a stool and another extra table chair or they have to go. Not the stool because my mom handpainted it for me. But the other two could go if necessary. I need to vacuum the vents too. DH called and got the kids each a youth checking account opened so they can download the app and see their accounts themselves. We had them a checking account already but they couldn't see it without seeing all of our stuff, now they can. Once we get their new debit cards in the mail, we'll close their other accounts. It's been a pretty productive day so far. I need to read through some schoolwork, would like to get this unit finished and then do some fun reading and relax.

DD texted and asked if she could walk home with a friend. Ugh! She's something else sometimes. We went back and forth and I told her that if she comes home then she will have to ride her bike back to school for band because i'm not a taxi. Kids!

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

What a week, and I'm glad it's over. I don't know what's been wrong with me this week, but I have been in a mood, for sure. I'm hoping next week is better. I'll get a new "batch" of students in three classes next week, so I'll have to have my stern face on to get them going in the direction I want them to. When I'm tired, I'm not as stern, so I need to be sure and get rested well this weekend. First, I'll go to the school tomorrow and get things ready for them. There just wasn't enough time today. DH is going to help me. At least I wasn't a teacher at one of our feeder schools today. An 11 year old brought rice krispy treats laced with marijuana to school. The whole 5th grade class was high today! HMMM....I bet there's a new rule passed about bringing home made food to share with classmates.

I went by the school board office today and picked up the paper work I need to have my hospitalization insurance premiums deducted from my retirement checks after I retire. It has all the numbers for any other insurance companies I have insurance with so I can notify them to change my deductions changed to my checking account. It will be here before I know it! (or at least I hope)

Lucie, it takes a long time to regain your strength after you've had the flu. I had it last year, and I was looking back at some notes from last year. Two weeks after I had I wrote that I had done too much that day!
    Pattie, from what I hear, snow is pretty at first, but it surely does make a mess, too. January and February are usually our coldest months. It's not been too bad, though.
    Diedra, that's awful about your Quicken files. I love doing puzzles, but I.do.not.own.one! I used to do them with my grandmother all the time.
    Carrie, I've always wondered why weather changes make joints hurt. Maybe you can get some rest tonight.
    Jess, you seem to have gotten a lot done today. That was a big repair bill. At least DS has something drive-able. That's one less to haul around!
    HorseMama, in my customer service class, I try to teach my students to remember that the anger isn't directed at the person, but the situation. You're just the person who gets to hear all their anger. That surely is hard to remember when you're the one being yelled at or being raked over the coals by a customer!
    Debbie, welcome back to sunny Florida! Hope you get to enjoy some warmth and sunshine. I've always thought buying new appliances is sort of a blessing and a curse at the same time. It's sort of fun to get something new, but not fun to have to spend all that money.
    Lori, it sounds like this weekend may be a relaxing one after your horrible week. At least, I hope so. Seems several of us have had weeks like that.
    Katrina, I like painting once I get started...it's all the prep work I hate. Stay hydrated if you do work on it.
    Faye, I think I agree with you. Cold beats the heat. There are only so many clothes that can come off to get cool! I can manage enough layers to stay warm most of the time.
    Pam, that would worry me that my food wasn't hot. Hope you don't get too much snow. I know you don't like it.
    Jody, that's funny about DS and the mattress. Our new ones say to not turn them due to the new way they're supposed to wear...but I don't know....about that!

I think DH and I are going to the high school basketball game tonight. Our boys are pretty good, but we haven't been to a game this year. It's the second year for this coach.

Night, everyone.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  17. MrsSoup

Jane- OMG! An entire 5th grade class high! I can imagine what that looked like. Crazy! I seem to be the opposite, more stern the more tired I am.

I finally watched Dumplin, what a good movie. DD was texting me on her lunch about band again. I swear! She wants out of it, doesn't enjoy it anymore. She thinks she can switch out this late in the year, I told her she can try. So she's going to go to the counselor on Monday and see. I told her that until that happens she is still going to participate. haha Guess she thought she was going to get out of going to practice tonight. As if! I probably would have let her if she hadn't made this all such a big deal. She's already not going to the mini band camp tomorrow. I told her that if she kept on, she sure would be going to that as well. :rolleyes:

I just remembered that I need to go pick up my refill prescription, completely forgot until just now and i'll be out of my med today or tomorrow. Guess i'll run after I get Eli off the bus. My B&N order came in so I have some new books to look through! Yay!

18. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening. I spent part of the morning at my new doctor. I needed a primary care doc, and I hoped this guy could treat everything. I quickly learned that he is NOT a diabetic doc, and he has no clue. I was quite frustrated with him, and fortunately he gave me a referral to someone who is.

After my appointment I came home to get DH for his doctor appointment at the VA. The doc was at lunch, and we waited an hour. Half an hour visit with the doc and then 1 1/2 hours waiting at the pharmacy...for a week's worth of a new prescription. Oh my goodness, I was so glad to get home.

I intend to park myself on this couch with my crocheting for the next several hours and de-stress. Have a good night everyone!

19. luludou

Evening! busy-busy work day - end of year budgets. Got to eat with ex-team boss and we discussed quite a few things, I'm thinking one of my ex-cw's will be coming soon in my corner to help us out. don't know which one but I don't care as I get along with all of them :)

McD's on the way home but food wasn't hot and I just didn't appreciate it. Some groceries and home to crochet. I won't be going out this weekend either... cold!

Bed in a few minutes. 'Night

20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jess, I wish I were because I seem to be tired more than I seem to be rested....o_O