Friday, March 15th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

The rain stopped but water is everywhere. Not near as bad as the pictures I saw of Nebraska tho. Praying for those people.

Hair in rollers again.

I should get off between 3:30 and 4. Have books to take back to the library.

Teigan is suppose to get picked up today. Has been Saturday the last several times.

We are to start cooling down again.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

Morning,,,,thinking of New Zealand today. Such a sad tragedy.

Finally had my cataract surgery last week and got a great check up yesterday. I'm still on restrictions but I can drive again.
    Have my little kiddies coming for the afternoon, it's spring break, we call it March break. Heading outside since it's warmed up and melting. I expect some very soggy little ones later,,,they love puddles.

Deidre your driving with dh made me giggle to,,,
    Jess glad you had such a nice time,,,I agree with the words they used to describe you as well.
    Pam glad your getting settled in,,congrats on the house.
    Pam hope your back has a good day today,,,
    GrammaDeb my granddaughter asked me for a guinea pig and it reminded me of you :)
    Mel so nice to get an update from you,,glad everything is going so well.
    Lana you will miss Teigan for sure,,you get used to hearing the chatter constantly, my place always feels quiet after mine are gone.
    Waving hi to everyone else,,,will try to get back here regularly again.

happy2bme and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the schedule today. Dh will go do some shopping for the weekend. I do have to recheck the report I have been putting off finishing. DD is now down for her morning nap. She is doing well considering she did not have a nap yesterday. Sometimes if DDs schedule is off so is she. Crossing my fingers for the rest of today.

It did get below freezing last night so the melting water has slowed down. In the last two days 3/4 of the snow has melted. We can now see patches of our lawn. It was 0 degrees when I was awake at 6:30 and by 8 it was almost 30F with a lot of sun. First sun we've seen in days.

Get prepared for the weekend.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I did not want to get up this morning! I stayed up a little later than usual watching shows. Eli's derby car is done, just needs painted and the wheels put on. He will paint it this morning after he gets dressed for school so it will be dry for turn-in this evening. I have to drive DD so I will drive him to school as well. The high schoolers don't have school today unless they have to make up a final so DS had a friend stay the night.

I got invited to go shopping this morning but had to adult and say no because I need to work on and hopefully finish my performance assessment. I started the write-up yesterday but couldn't focus so stopped. I'm hoping with a quiet house I will be able to just plow through it. I really need to turn it in today. I would much rather go shopping with a friend though. haha I am picking the girls up from school early this afternoon to take them over to the leaders house to head downtown for the Women of Distinction event this evening. They have to be there by 4 to rehearse and the event starts at 5 I think. The scout leader will bring them home as well as it will be a late night. I hope she grabs so pictures of Addison doing the flag protocol but they may not be in a position to do that.

Lana- Hope the flooding isn't too bad for you all!
    p.a,- Glad your surgery went well!
    Diedra- Enjoy that sun!!

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! rain here today too, good thing to get some of that snow melted.

After work not sure if we will do groceries as we wanted too as we are babysitting ds's dog tonight - not sure at what time.

Did gym this Morning but Nothing at noon, it's nice to have some time with Nothing to do at noon… so busy the rest of the days.

Have a great day

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Excruciatingly slow day at work today - some of my senior managers are gone so it's going to be a filing kind of day. Met with the landscaper last night and received his estimate by email later in the evening - twice a month care is reasonable but the cost to cut all the limbs that hang from the neighbor's tree onto our roof was tough to see - so expensive. I have a couple more companies to call although I really liked this guy so may go with him if his estimate is within range.

Got an email from the library that one of my 19 in 19 books is in so I'll stop by there tomorrow morning after the cable guy comes. The signal is our house is awful so they will install something else that should help with that. Then it's grocery shopping, laundry, making lists, updating my planner, thinking ahead to CIJ 2019, meal prepping for next week, and general tidying up. It's supposed to be 71 on Sunday.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon!

It is damp and cold today. Yuck! Yesterday I had the windows open and today, I cannot get warm.

I have been reading another book, and am really into it. It is Murder mystery. Not loving the language, tho. But interesting, none the less.

My tailbone still hurts. But I have taken my meds so hoping it will soon be feeling better.

I need to get started on spring cleaning soon, so that all will be ready for Easter. But if it isn't, it won't matter all that much. Family being together celebrating our risen Savior is the most important. And Brysen will be 8 months old! Today he is 7 months old and gets cuter and cute all the time! Not that I am the least bit biased...ha ha!

I need to get busy. Hope you are all having a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

9. MrsSoup

I'm getting ready to ban myself from the "fun" internet until i'm done with my performance assessment. I have dusted, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and wiped counters. I'm going to get Alice going and eat breakfast and then I have no excuses to get started. If there are things undone around the house it will nag me, so I have to make sure that those things are taken care of so I have zero excuses to distract me. haha I'm going to park myself at my desk as well so i'm not on the couch with the TV accessible and i'm not super comfortable. I will be in work mode because that is what my desk signifies.

Lucie- I need to do groceries too but I keep putting it off. I don't even have my list made yet. :( What kind of dog does DS have?
    Pamela- I'm glad the landscaping guy will work out for routine maintenance. Shouldn't the neighbor take care of the limbs that hang from their tree?
    Pam- What book are you reading?

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. went to tj maxx got me some new bras and panties. a shirt for grandson all needed now. it was sunny the a few showers the sun now raining again. its 60 though . need to decide on something for dinner

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD went off this afternoon. Dh and I had to keep her from running out of the house. She wanted us to call the cops. Finally we got her to sit down and I had Boots lay on her lap. Then I got DD to put on her cold face mask which also helps. Cold on the face does something that helps with calming. I'll have to look up what it does. Just like toss a cold bucket of ice water on someone. Once DD calmed down she had some ice cream--again the cold helps. It was all kind of funny because LC1 was wanting to help but I told her not to so she wouldn't hurt her arm.

It's been a beautiful day outside. Slowly we might see Spring.

12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, the house is empty right now. It just sold so I would imagine someone will be moving in at some point. I'd hate to get off on the wrong foot with a new neighbor about a tree issue from the start - people can be touchy about things especially when they have all the other expenses that come with new home ownership. I have to meet them, be friendly, and then ask them to do something about the whole tree because not only do the limbs hang onto our roof, but the tree is crooked and pushing against our fence.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and warm again but may be cooler (70's) tomorrow

Had a good visit with friends in Dade City. They live in their trailer in a trailer community from about October to April. Then they come north for the summer. While there we saw a couple we knew from another group we hang out with. It's interesting all the different groups that form and that we are members of - and most don't know each other.

Went to a big Home Show at the fairgrounds and didn't get a thing:). Then we got lunch and went to see the new Airstream showroom that opened nearby.. Finally picked up Buffy at day care, where she had spent the night and are now home.

Might make tacos for dinner. Not sure I have enough leftovers.

Diedra - the "cold" is interesting - so the bucket of water was always a good idea
    Pamela - I think if if hangs over onto. your property it's yours - at least in NY
    Jess - did you finish up?
    Pam - I bet you're looking forward to Easter and having the family over
    Faye - good deal on undies
    Lucie - how many puzzles have you done so far?
    p.a. - glad your cataracts are healing well
    Hi Lana

14. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Happy Friday, everyone!!

It is my Friday off, so K and I were out the door early to get all of our errands done. It is going on 5:00 here and K is having a nap. She is working so hard as this term of school finishes in a few weeks and she has a lot to do - she is so tired.. I would love to have a nap too, but If I do, I will never get to sleep tonight.

The weather here is really sunny right now and a lot of the snow has melted. Spring will be here soon.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    the house is all mine, DS is at work, they are short staffed and have a sale on. He will be helping the salesmen by doing test drives etc.
    DH is at the farm, left this morning at about 5.30, heard him shut the front door but did not hear the car start.

I have a lot of things that I can do today, I should start filling the bags that I use for Easter and see what I have and what else I need. I could also study some of the modules for my DrillDance coaching and get that out of the way, I could tidy the craft cupboard....so many options. If I was good I could get it all done..

Will sit here for a bit longer and look at emails etc and then get moving.

Thinking of our friends across the ditch in New Zealand

16. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I'm taking a break to eat something and thought I would check in. I have not gotten nearly as much done as I would like. The boys came downstairs just as I was really getting started and talked to me for quite a while. Then they finally headed out to get breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and go see Captain Marvel. I finally got into a nice groove, getting things done and then DH came home for lunch. :rolleyes: I can't win around here. I finished the first video write-up, still lots to do, but I think it will be faster now that I have sorted out which video will go with what question and took some specific notes on the videos. I had to do some rearranging and revisiting of some videos to get it all sorted. The problem is that you get a list of like 25 videos and you just have to pick 10 because that's way too many to watch and read through. The 10 you pick might not necessarily fit nicely with the questions for the task, so I assign them to questions just by initial read through and then have to go back and rearrange sometimes based on a more thorough assessment. That is what I was doing most of the morning. Now that I have it sorted out, it shouldn't take too terribly long. I will try to finish up before DH gets home from work, after I pick up the girls and get them dropped off. I will have to take Eli to get his car dropped off for the Derby tomorrow, but that shouldn't take long, hopefully.

17. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

Well they gave me back one of the jobs I used to have concerning the office movements. :rolleyes: Seems I'm the one who can fulfill it the best.
    Jess - ds's dog is a mix between a Labrador and a coolie. Brown dog. He's about 4 months.
    Debbie - I think I've had 6 or 7 puzzles done since January.

No grocery shopping done, with went to get burgers and then got the dog.

Just watching some tv and crocheting.

Night

18. sweetpumkinpye

While it was quiet I finished the last 3 modules of my DrillDance coaching accreditation. I am glad that they are now done.
    Will finish doing a few more things and then I might sit, watch some tv and do some crafting.

19. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening.

Had my mammo & bone density exam today after sitting with neighbor. Fun stuff. DD & I are getting ready to take dgd to gymnastics while dsil takes dgs to swimming. The family is leaving tomorrow morning for State gymnastics in Reno, about an 8-hour drive. Dh & I will stay here to take care of all the pets.

Have a good night!

20. sweetpumkinpye

Just sitting watching T.V while I have leftover pizza in the oven....ah the simple pleasures.
    Still need to pack Easter.