Friday, May 17th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 17, 2019 at 5:31 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World!

2. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning!

222 days until Christmas!

It's been a week of rain. Got out briefly to get some groceries, and now back to cleaning and organizing.
    Hope everyone has a good day.

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I just noticed that this is probably the Friday post since it says May 17. I'll correct the day to Friday, copy and paste my post here, and delete my thread.

luludou likes this.
  4. PamelaG

Gloomy, windy, rainy, just my kind of day! Work today and then home to run errands, I think. I have a list of places north and south of me to knock out - if I can get the northern ones done tonight, I'll just have Whole Foods to the south for tomorrow. My furniture delivery is scheduled for 3-7pm tomorrow so I'll get the groceries taken care of first thing, come home to tackle the laundry and sweep and mop floors. Hopefully all will go smoothly and I'll have Sunday to relax on the new couch - it has a chaise at one end and I am really looking forward to reclining there! I bought some lovely blankets from Nordstrom that are so soft, if we have more gloomy, windy, and rainy weather, I'll be very comfortable.

The final countdown begin - this time next week, my bags will be packed and after work, I'm off to the airport. Have a great weekend!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. PamelaG

Totally forgot to say that Sophia got the placement at the high school for her student teaching! Today she goes to the boutique to talk to the owner and I think, narrow down her work schedule. Is it just me or do things seem so vague these days? When I asked her if she got the job, she said she provided her schedule to the owner and she had to go in today to see her. So, is that she got the job or not? We'll see.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Yes, we had two lovely days and it was sunny this morning but the rain just started! Things are supposed to clear out for the weekend, I hope.

Today : up with Buffy, two dog walks, clean laundry taken care of, another load started, camping reservations made. Just more general clean up on the horizon.

Enjoyed the Big Bang Finale. I think all the fans got their wish as to what they wanted to happen with the characters. No spoilers here!

On the other hand, I have been hearing that the GOT finale will make everyone miserable.

Nothing special on tap for the weekend.

Jane - glad graduation will be over. I think the compromise with the vandals was a good one
    FS - thanks for the daily count
    Pamela - congrats to Sophia! You do still have quite a bit to move!
    Hello Lucie!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke up feeling so much better today and I think it's because I got my workout in yesterday (and maybe because my beautiful red hair is refreshed ;)). It's amazing how much one thing can change how you feel. I wrote notes for all the children before they headed off to school because I will be picking up Eli and DD early from school and I am allowing DS to leave school at lunchtime because they are having a farewell assembly and he hates them. I figured I would be fair and let him leave early as well even though he's not going to the hotel with us. He was originally supposed to be working tonight but he switched shifts with someone so now he'll be working longer hours over the weekend and getting more hours.

I am picking up the kids early so we can get to the hotel for check-in time. The Division Ball is tonight and we booked a room. We're taking the younger two with us so we can all enjoy the hotel. DH has to work all day tomorrow at the motorcycle range so the kids and I will stay at the hotel until checkout and enjoy it. We'll have breakfast and then hang at the pool I think or get a paddleboard (it's free) and go out to the beach. We'll see. I am headed upstairs to pull my dress out and make sure there's nothing on it that I need to try to get off because I forgot to have it cleaned. I do have another dress I could wear but it's knee/shin length and i'm a traditionalist and feel that a Ball dress should be floor length, however if worst came to worst I could wear it. I'm kicking myself for not pulling my dress out last week.

I wanted to go get my nails done with dip powder this morning but I got a paper cut that I keep hitting on my pinky finger earlier this week and it's right under the base of my nail on my finger so I think it best not to tempt fate with a possible infection by getting my nails done. I do think i'll run to Target and look for a new bathing suit.

Hi Lucie!
    FS- Hope the rain stops soon for you!
    Pamela- I sure hope you get to relax on your new chaise this weekend and all goes smoothly with the delivery! Congrats to Sophia!
    Debbie- You've gotten a lot done already today!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. warm day 82 . very busy at work. got some new cushions for my wicker chairs on the patio but they dont fit. back to the christmas tree shop tomo when i get off. hope everyone has agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Everybody!

I have done nothing today except dress, take my meds, and eat two meals.

MJ did it again. We were to go out for coffee, and when I called, she was out with her son. Infuriates me! I think I won't ask her for a while. I wonder how she would like it if I did that to her.

I am getting a lot of things ready to take to Steve's. I am giving him what I have left from my favorite Oneida stainless. They don't make this pattern anymore. So, I am purging as I gather stuff for them. I can hardly wait to see Brysen. I know he will put a big smile on my face. He already has four teeth, and I think he is cutting more. Steve said the boy has been grouchy lately. So has his nana. That would be me!

I need to tend to my flowers that DD and family sent me for Mother's Day. I noticed that the water is cloudy. And my kitchen needs to be cleaned up, too. If I were not going to be gone, I would make some cupcakes. I may just make some and take them to Jay's. He is having a cookout for his cousin and me. That would be nice. I also have some strawberries I need to use up.

Pamela, so glad you got to FaceTime with Sophia. Happy for her with her student teaching, too.
    Jess, your dress will be fine, whichever you choose. Did you know that even colored red hair fades quickly? Take it from someone who knows. I really miss my red hair, and I was a redhead from the day I was born!
    Lucie, what are you doing? Have things settled down at work?
    Faye, when things are busy at work, it seems time goes faster. Sorry the cushions did not fit.
    Debbie, I was disappointed in TBBT finale. The only two good things were Amy and Sheldon, (or Shamy as they were once known) won the Nobel prize, and best of all Penny and Leonard were pregnant.
    FS, do you ever sit down to rest? Goodness gracious, you are one busy lady.

Guess I had better get going around here. Besides, it is time to blow the stink off this apartment again. Who knows? I may find more stuff to give Steve and Mel, yes? Enjoy the rest of your day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

Afternooon!
    Been a boring day at work, just not enough for me to do today . Electronic decluttering is what is happening, boring! Lots of people off today as they want a 4-day weekend (we have next Monday off).

We are having problems with bathroom cabinets and to top it all off last night dh nicked the water line and we had some water coming down the basement ceiling tiles :( ah well….. one day all will be done. I DO NO want to redo the kitchen for a long, long while. The bathroom has been quite enough.

Long 3-day weekend here for everyone (4 for me as I am taking next Tuesday as a vacation day).

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Happy Friday!!

I worked today 7-11:30, that is the shift on the Fridays that I work, I still get every second Friday off!!

It has been a fabulous week in my new department. I have a pretty good understanding of the work and my new co-workers are there to answer all the questions I have. I am really happy for the opportunity and I am hoping I never have to go back to my old department - there are so many women up there that act like they are still in high school - I hate it.

It is a long weekend here and we are supposed to be getting rain for most of it. I won't be planting my veggie garden as planned, so I will focus on getting the rest of the house unpacked and working on my never-ending To Do list.

Later.

Ahorsesoul, luludou and PamelaG like this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    An early start here as I am on the first shift of our bbq fundraiser that starts at 8am. I will do 2 shifts today 8-9 and 10-11. Our teams shifts finish at 12 when our younger team starts.
    Then home to shower and back out to meet the team at 4.45 to watch POMS and from there to dinner and meeting.. It should be a good day.
    I hope that what ever you are doing today it is a great day for you all,
    xoxo

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Another week on the books....13 more school days to go with my personal day on Monday. It's getting closer to the end of this trying year. Today was long....my special was cancelled again. Lots of teachers out since everyone is using their personal days before the end of the year. Thankfully we had a grade level sub.

I came home and started laundry. I'm on my second load now. J picked up some chicken and macaroni salad for dinner. We usually have pizza on Friday, but we weren't in the mood for it. Maybe tomorrow after being at dance pictures all day, we'll pick up a pizza on our way home. Next up is the menu plan and grocery list. I guess I'll have to go tomorrow before we head to the studio. M wanted to go skating, but it is starting earlier than usual so she said she isn't going now. H is working. He should be home soon. I think he works again at 3 am.

I've been after J about getting a new to me Tahoe for awhile. I just gave up on the whole idea, figuring that I'd just enjoy having it paid for, and he comes home today and starts showing me several that he thinks we should look at and test drive. SMH.

Pamela...so glad Sophia got her student teaching position. I'm sure she will have a wonderful experience. We don't interview candidates for student teaching. Student teachers are usually assigned to a teacher by their university and the school admin. I have one coming in the fall for a day a week for several weeks, and then daily for 7 weeks starting in January.
    Katrina...hope you had a good day!
    Lucie...enjoy your long weekend!
    Mel...so happy for you!
    Jessica....I'm sure you will look fabulous whichever dress you choose!
    Pam...sometimes people make me crazy! I feel ya!
    Hi Debbie, HW2 and all who stop by today!

peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

we had McD's for supper and then picked up a frew groceries. 1 load is in washer. DH is removing the cabinets he had installed.

Walking dead marathon on one of the local channels will watch that

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Graduation is over - well, has been over for a couple of hours, now - but I feel like I'm home free!!! The kids were fairly well behaved, so I didn't pull anyone's diploma. The vandalizing kids will have to complete their community service work before theirs are released to them, but I'm not in charge of approving that. That will be the principal. Monday will be ring ceremony for the juniors and awards day. I'll have to set up refreshments in the cafeteria for that, but then...no more responsibilities besides just normal end of year things.

DD22 is house sitting for DD26 and DSIL. They're gone to DSIL's mom and dad's this weekend. My mom and my DN#1 were supposed to have a rummage sale here tomorrow at my house, but decided not to. There's rain predicted with a chance of storms, so they didn't want to take the chance of everything getting rained on. I may sleep all day tomorrow! Yeah, right!

Hope to be less tired and able to post personals after tonight! Hope you're all resting well. Night, friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.